Thunder

The Thorn By My Side: Beauty & The Princes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seohyun ruffled her hair in frustration. Her parents have been tormenting her about Kris Wu. KRIS WU. The arrogant, conceited jerk who her parents and his parents think would be a good match for her.  She was right to think that her parents arranged for them (her and Kris) to meet that loathsome night but she didn’t know that Kris’ parents would also be a part of it.

 

“Yah, Seo Joo Hyun! Are you going to practice or not?” Nicole, Gyeonggi Science High School’s volleyball spiker, asked.

 

“Ofcourse I am!”

 

“Then why are you just looking at your untied shoe laces? Don’t tell me you don’t know how to tie your shoe lace?” Nicole Jung smirked.

 

“Say, are you one of those Kris Wu fangirls who likes to rip out my eyeballs right now? You sure sound like one of them” Seohyun couldn’t help but think that way.

 

“Me? Kris Wu’s fangirl?! IN HIS DREAMS! He might charm every idiot woman he see’s but he can’t work his way with me!” Nicole’s eyes were filled with amusement that Seohyun can’t help but laugh.

 

“I guess we both think the same way”

 

“Nice to know there is still someone with brains!” Nicole held her hand up for a high five and Seohyun didn’t disappoint her.

 

“It’s practice time ladies!” Im Nana, the volleyball captain, called out to them.

 

 

 

 

“I can’t believe you’re waiting for Seo Joo Hyun” Henry Lau muttered as his eyes never left the girls in the court playing volleyball.

 

“Henry, will you please shush?!” Kris’ brows arched, now he resembled one of those angry birds that Henry likes to play in his phone.

 

“I just can’t believe it!”

 

“Didn’t I tell you that the both of us are supposed to plan events for math week?” Kris reminded, his eyes landed on Seohyun’s behind.

 

“I know you buddy, and you just don’t wait on girls for such a low reason” Henry chuckled.

 

Kris didn’t reply. His eyes were so attached to Seohyun’s back as he remembered what happened THAT night. He could still feel her skin beneath her fingers and her sweet addicting scent. Her scent. Lemon and orange.

 

“WATCH OUT!”

 

Unfortunately, it was too late. By the time Kris regained his senses, the ball was already on his face and he was doomed.

 

“Shoot!” Henry shook his shoulders. “Are you alright man?”

 

Kris could feel his nose bleed. Hot blood started to fall out of his nostrils as he tried to regain his sanity.

 

“I am so sorry! I really didn’t mean to spike the ball---“

 

Kris looked up to the lady with very strong arms and he was surprised. His jaw widened and he could feel blood gush out of his nose like a fountain.

 

“YOU!” He pointed at Seohyun, who was shocked too. He expected Im Nana or Nicole Jung to throw a tremendous blow like that but no, fate decided it to be Seo Joo Hyun.

 

“What are you doing here?” Her voice turned cold suddenly.

 

“W-we----“

 

“He was waiting for you to finish so that the both of you could discuss about the upcoming math week” Henry saved him.

 

“You didn’t have to wait!” She eyed him.

 

“I wanted to” He answered bravely.

 

He could hear her sigh heavily as she took out her handkerchief from her pocket and hand it to him.

 

“Keep pressure on your nose. I’ll be done in 15 minutes” Seohyun said as she took the ball (which was already at his feet) and walked back to the court.

 

 

 

 

“So, you want to have a built-in maze? And the first one to get to the finish line would be granted one wish from a fellow student”

“Of course that maze would have math equ

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter