Chapter 24

♥Say Hello To The Jung Family ♥
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

DaeHyun was making himself a drink at the kitchen somewhere near midnight. He just got back from practice and was feeling very tired. He thought with a drink might keep him energized back.

At the same time, SooYeon who was coming down to the kitchen as well saw DaeHyun and greeted him, “Oh, DaeHyun. You arrive home late tonight.” SooYeon said while taking out a bottle of mineral water.

DaeHyun nodded and replied while taking a sip of his drink, “Yup we had extra practice today. Are the others asleep already?” he asked about his brothers and sisters.

SooYeon nodded her head while glancing at the rooms where her children were. “Yeah, they have. Your appa just got home not too long ago too.” SooYeon explained while sitting at the dining table.

DaeHyun just nodded and continued drinking. Silence filled the atmosphere. DaeHyun finished his drink and washed it before keeping the glass away. He looked at SooYeon who was still at the dining table holding her own glass and bowed, “I’m going to sleep now, omma. Good night.” He felt quite bad actually for having to leave his mom alone there but he had no idea of what else to talk about.

DaeHyun was about to leave when SooYeon suddenly spoke, “Oh, DaeHyun-ah ...” DaeHyun turned to her again and looked at her questioningly.

“Thank you ... for accepting me again.” SooYeon said while looking at him.

DaeHyun looked down and replied softly, “I did it for the others. If it’s hard for me then it’s harder for them. I’m coping so that they can do the same. Besides, I don't want to be stuck in the past for so long. Somehow or rather, I still have to move on.”

SooYeon nodded, “I know. I understand. They need more time, I believe. Anyway, I could’ve never been more proud of you. You take care of them well.” She smiled.

“It’s nothing. ChaeRin omma and appa did most of the job though. I don’t really do anything.” DaeHyun said slyly.

“But they seem to be looking up to you, aren’t they? Whenever there’s a problem they will always seek for assurance from you first. You’ve been a good brother.” SooYeon added and smiled at him proudly. She will never forget the young boy who she left sixteen years now became a responsible son and brother yet his young age.

SooYeon believed that even if she didn’t come back to them after ChaeRin’s death, the Jung siblings will still be fine. Even though their appa was still there but they can never go on if DaeHyun and IlHoon didn’t do their job as the eldest two. The younger ones were still in school and still new in this matter. They wouldn’t know what to do yet.

“I do everything I can so that they’ll be fine. It’s my responsibility as the eldest child.”

SooYeon nodded which signs that she understood.

“I’m still trying to get to know them. Though the barriers they hold around them are no longer strong but it’s still difficult to pass through it.” SooYeon confessed. For days that she was there, she was always trying to get to know her children as she had no idea what her children liked or disliked. On the first day it was tough as she knew that they were shutting her out but as time went by they started to open up to her.

“They’re being protective towards themselves. This can be seen mostly in JinYoung and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter