Chapter 9

♥Say Hello To The Jung Family ♥
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

JinYoung and his friends were walking home from school one day and despite being the noisy boy he was; that day he was too quiet. Even his friends noticed it but did not ask anything because they knew that if JinYoung was being silent all of a sudden, it meant that something was not right.

Not only that, he seemed to be in a deep thought too. Like he was thinking something all the time and hardly paid any attention to what happened around him. He was in his own world when the others were telling silly stuff just to catch his attention.

“Yah, Baro! I heard that the teacher asked you to stand outside again today? Haha. What did you do, man?” C.Nu asked loudly while looking at the said person, Baro.

Baro crossed his arms and an annoyed look was plastered on his face as he heard the question. “It wasn’t even my fault! That teacher was over the top.” Baro defended himself dramatically.

Sandeul shook his head at his friend. “But Baro, if you didn’t do anything wrong, she wouldn’t have asked you to stand outside. What did you do exactly, dude?” Sandeul asked while glancing at JinYoung once in a while. JinYoung was still looking ahead, his feet were moving but his face clearly showed that his soul and mind wasn’t there. They were half-way screaming with the conversation but JinYoung wasn’t paying attention even for a bit.

“I fell asleep. That’s all. Then my seatmate woke me up. Maybe she ordered me to stand outside because she couldn’t stand this handsome face that had just woken up from beautiful slumber. I mean, who can resist this? Tell me!” Baro said while pointing at his face and looked at his friends.

The rest of them just changed glances with each other and awkwardly said, “Yeah ~~ right. Whatever, dude.” GongChan replied while tapping Baro’s back. He, who realised that JinYoung wasn’t being himself that day too, hugged that lad’s shoulder and asked him, “Dude, you okay? Why are you so quiet?”

“Don’t you ever say ‘Oh, I’m fine’ because it’s obvious that you’re not...” Sandeul added.

All eyes were now on JinYoung and he knew that he couldn’t run away or hide anything from his friends. It was too obvious that something really was bothering his mind and his friends can see it through his weird behaviour. With a sigh, JinYoung answered, “Nothing, it’s just, a few days pass I saw someone who looked exactly like my late omma.”

“Really?? Where ??” All four of them asked at the same time with widened eyes. JinYoung stared at each of them weirdly before answering. “Urm ... I saw her in a boutique. I was passing by it on my way home.”

All of them looked at each other. Not knowing what to say after that. It didn’t across their minds at all that JinYoung was thinking about this all this while. A little bit tense can be felt around them. They all knew about the story of JinYoung’s deceased mother.

Noticing the silence, JinYoung nonchalantly continued, “I asked DaeHyun hyung and he said he hasn’t met anyone who looked like my late omma and maybe I was just missing her too much. Hence I see people who look like her. Hehe.” JinYoung smiled. Yup, maybe he was just missing her too much. His friends relaxed upon seeing him smile again and they automatically smiled too. JinYoung’s smile had always been contagious and they were glad that he was being himself again.

“It’s okay, JinYoung ah. Whatever happens, you always know that you still have an omma right?” Sandeul said and all of them nodded in agreement. In fact, all of them seemed happy too looking at JinYoung who finally returned to his bubbly and cheerful self.

“Oh, you guys are coming to my house today right? Omma cooks something special for you guys today and she doesn’t take ‘no’ as the answer.” JinYoung said excitedly. ChaeRin told him that morning before going to school that she was going to cook for his friends when they came over because most of the times they came around, ChaeRin was working. She just loved to cook for her kids' friends and at the same time got to know them.

“Aigoo. Tell her not to trouble herself. There are many of us.” C.Nu said on behalf of the others. It was so sweet of ChaeRin to be cooking for them but they can’t help to feel like a burden. It wasn’t one or two that ChaeRin had to feed, but five of them. Not to mention JinYoung’s other siblings.

JinYoung shook his head and convinced his friends adamantly that his mother didn’t think of it as a problem at all. “It’s okay. She wants to cook for you guys after all. In fact, she likes to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter