Chapter 22

♥Say Hello To The Jung Family ♥
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“HyeYeon-ssi, which ice cream flavour do you like?” JinYoung asked while looking at HyeYeon who was standing beside him. HyeYeon scanned the menu and finally decided to choose strawberry. “I like strawberry. Why? You want to buy it for me?” HyeYeon asked naughtily while giving JinYoung a smile.

JinYoung lifted his shoulders and smiled at her back. “Well, if you want. I mean, a cone of ice cream is not even that expensive.” JinYoung said and ordered a strawberry ice cream for HyeYeon and a chocolate flavoured for himself. How come both of them were there, you may ask? Well, JinYoung was about to leave the house’s compound when he ran into HyeYeon at the gate.

HyeYeon wanted to look for KyonDae and HaNa but both of them were not home and HyeYeon forgot to ask them first. Hence, since both of them were alone and had nothing to do, they decided to go get ice cream together.

“HyeYeon-ssi, is it good?” JinYoung asked while walking home with HyeYeon. Looked like the girls were home and waiting for HyeYeon.

HyeYeon her ice cream happily and nodded, “Yup, it’s really tasty. But isn’t it weird eating ice cream in a cold weather like this? Other people are drinking hot coffee or things that can warm them up but we’re the only ones eating ice cream.” HyeYeon said while looking around.

JinYoung shrugged and continued eating his ice cream, “Well, it is weird. But it’s tasty. Besides, sweet things are the best remedy to cure a painful heart.” He said casually and let the last sentence trailed off.

HyeYeon looked at JinYoung after hearing what he said. “Are you ... still sad? How are you coping with her at home?” She asked JinYoung who was his ice cream.

JinYoung took a deep breath and smokes were formed once he exhaled. “I’m doing well ... I mean, the awkward is still there but we’ve started talking to each other. Once in a while, at least. But I’m not sure whether I can open my heart to loving her yet. Sometimes I’m afraid that I won’t love her like I love ChaeRin omma.”

HyeYeon bumped her shoulder against his and said, “Hey, do things one by one, JinYoung-ssi. At least you’ve moved on to the next level which is talking to her. At first you ignored her presence right? Don’t worry about loving her. Your heart will be opened slowly. You just have to remember not to rush things, you know.” HyeYeon advised and her ice cream happily.

“You’re right ... why in a hurry, right? I’m sure the broken pieces will be mend.” JinYoung said and smiled confidently. He turned to HyeYeon to thank her but he stopped when he saw a stain of strawberry ice cream at the side of her lips. He laughed, “HyeYeon-ssi, do you like that ice cream so much that you can’t eat properly?” He took out a tissue and gave it to HyeYeon who looked at him wide eyed.

“Hey, it’s tasty okay. Besides, it’s natural to get messy when eating an ice cream. Don’t tell me you’ve never had stains on your face or the ice cream melts onto your shirt.” HyeYeon wiped the side of using the tissue JinYoung gave her.

“Okay, okay, fine.” JinYoung said and laughed again.

“So ... how was the first dinner you had with your mother that day?” HyeYeon asked, curious to know. They were almost home.

“It was fine... well, awkward at first. The table was quiet and only the sound of forks and kn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter