Chapter 14

♥Say Hello To The Jung Family ♥
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

HyeYeon exited the bakery with a plastic bag containing breads and cookies with a huge smile on her face. “ Waa ~~ so many breads. I can’t wait to share with the rest of them.” She said while walking on the sidewalk, heading towards HaNa’s house.

As she was walking, she passed by a garden and saw a familiar figure. “Oh, isn’t that HaNa’s oppa? What is he doing there sitting alone?” She asked herself and approached JinYoung who was sitting on the grass alone. He seemed to be lost in his own thoughts and there were times when he sighed and zoning out again. He was too busy thinking that he didn’t realise HyeYeon was walking towards him from his back.

“JinYoung-ssi?” HyeYeon called gently as she stood beside the sitting JinYoung.

JinYoung who heard his name was called looked up and saw the smiling HyeYeon. “Oh, HyeYeon-ssi! Annyeonghaseyeo.” He greeted her with a smile.

“What are you doing sitting alone here in this garden?” HyeYeon asked.

JinYoung rubbed the back of his neck before nervously answered, “I’m ... trying to empty my mind. Sometimes I come here because the scenery is great. The lake and the trees look really composing. The wind blows nicely here too. Oh! Have a sit, HyeYeon-ssi! Don’t just stand there. It makes me feel bad.” JinYoung made room for HyeYeon to sit beside him and dusted the grass off before HyeYeon sat on it.

HyeYeon smiled before taking a seat next to him on the grass. “Thank you, JinYoung-ssi. You’re really a gentleman despite being so young. So ... what were you thinking, may I ask? You looked so lost in your own world. Are you thinking about the world’s crisis? Oh, by the way, it is dangerous if you keep doing that. You’re lucky that it was just me who came from behind you. What happens if it was the bad guys? What happens if they kidnap you? Or knock you from behind and push you towards the lake? The lake is just in front of you. You might end up rolling towards it and if you can swim you’re considered lucky.” HyeYeon nagged with her serious tone.

JinYoung who found it adorable automatically laughed. “HyeYeon-ssi, you’re so funny. You’re nagging like my omma. No offence.”

HyeYeon smiled shyly and said, “None taken, JinYoung-ssi. I have the habit of nagging at others. Can’t help it.”

JinYoung nodded his head in understanding. “It’s okay. It’s cute for me.” JinYoung unaware said but realized it afterwards and quickly looked elsewhere.

HyeYeon blushed and just kept quiet. JinYoung who didn’t want the atmosphere to turn awkward quickly said, “Oh, a lot of breads you have there.” He pointed towards HyeYeon’s plastic bag which was on her lap.

HyeYeon looked down at the plastic bag and nodded. “Y-yeah ... I was on my way to your house to see HaNa. Do you want one? Go ahead, choose one.” HyeYeon opened the plastic bag and made JinYoung choose a bread for himself.

JinYoung looked at each of them before he took one and thanked HyeYeon. “About what I was thinking about ... since you asked, well it wasn’t really a big thing. I was just ... missing someone who was very dear to me but no longer here with me.” He looked at HyeYeon, sadly.

Through his eyes, HyeYeon could see that he was really trying to hold it in and maybe he could cry that instant. Who could it be that he missed so badly? His girlfriend?

“Oh ... I don’t know how to help you with that. Usually I always have solutions or advice to give to the girls when they have problems. But I can’t think of one for your situation.” HyeYeon suddenly felt bad because she couldn’t do anything to help JinYoung and yet the lad had taken the trouble to open up to her.

JinYoung shook his head with a smile before he said assuringly, “Don’t worry about it, HyeYeon-ssi! It’s okay. I just felt like telling someone about it. But don’t feel bad, yeah? Just having you listen is already quite enough for me.”

HyeYeon nodded happily and smiled back, “Well ... if you really miss that person, one thing you could do is to be grateful that that person did exist in your life sent by God and painted your world with beautiful colours. Though that person is not here anymore, but by recollecting the memories you had with the person will keep you smiling, though at the same time sad, but you will feel glad that you had been through those moments with the person.”

JinYoung stared at her in disbelief as he recalled each and every word HyeYeon just said. “Wow. You’re pretty good with words.” He said while looking at her with amusement.

“So ... are you better now?” HyeYeon asked. She herself didn’t believe that she actually said those words. She just wanted JinYoung to feel better.

JinYoung nodded his head and said, “Yup, I’m feeling whole lot better. Thanks, HyeYeon-ssi.” He threw her a reassuring smile.

Convinced that she had successfully made JinYoung feel better, she looked at her watch and said, “Well, I’d better get going. They must be wondering what’s taking me so long. See you later, JinYoung-ssi!” HyeYeon stood up and walked away while waving at JinYoung who waved back.

He looked at HyeYeon’s departing figure before looking back at the lake in front of him. He recalled HyeYeon’s words and couldn’t help but to smile. However, the smile didn’t last long as it was replaced with a sigh.

“What you said was true, HyeYeon-ssi, but sadly, how can I remember the memories or her presence in my life when we never even had memories to begin with?”

The Jung’s’ Residence

HaNa was in the living room with YongGuk, H

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter