Chapter 10

♥Say Hello To The Jung Family ♥
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

HeeChul's office in the Jung's Resident.

HeeChul was sitting in his office, going through some paper work. That was what he always did every time he returned home. Once he had dinner with the kids and ChaeRin, he will lock himself in his room, doing some reading and going through his documents.

“Urgh, really? This short-sightedness is getting worse.” HeeChul said while opening the drawer at his desk to take out his spectacles. He had problems reading nowadays due to short-sightedness and he had to wear his spectacles. Well, he was getting old anyway. So that ought to be normal.

He was rummaging the drawer when his eyes caught the sight of something he avoided seeing for so long. It was a picture, a very old one but the condition was still okay. It took him a lot of courage to take the picture out as he was afraid that what had happened before will come back to him all at once.

He took the picture out, still, and thinking how long had it been since the last time he saw that photo. It was a photo of his beloved wife, with their three princes surrounding her and an infant in his wife’s arms. The five of them were sitting on a hospital bed, and through the picture it reminded HeeChul of what day was the picture taken. It was the day when he last saw SooYeon, and also the day HaNa was born.

A small smile was formed on HeeChul’s face. He looked at his sons’ faces one by one. DaeHyun was sitting on SooYeon’s right while IlHoon was on the left. JinYoung, who was still a small baby, was sitting on DaeHyun’s lap. They were all smiling widely, with SooYeon holding their new born and their only girl.

Without him noticing, a teardrop fell onto the picture. He still remembered that day. It was one of the happiest day in his life, and also the saddest. He was more than thrilled when HaNa was born. She was his one and only daughter. But on the same day itself, he felt like his heart was ripped apart and he had lost his will to live, when the love of his life left all of them, without a trace.

HeeChul was lost in his thoughts when he heard a knock on the door. He was startled but quickly came to his senses and kept the picture back in his drawer and wiped the tears from his eyes. He didn’t want anyone to know that he had been looking at the old picture.

“Come in.” HeeChul said. The door opened and revealed DaeHyun’s figure, entering the room.

“Appa, I have something I need to talk about.” DaeHyun began seriously as he approached HeeChul’s desk and took a sit across his father.

HeeChul nodded and asked. “Okay. Is everything all right? You look like you just committed a crime.” He chuckled a little at his own last sentence but soon noticed that DaeHyun wasn’t feeling the slightest bit of happy.

DaeHyun heaved a heavy sigh. He was hesitated but he thought it was better to let HeeChul know. “Appa, this is regarding ... SooYeon omma.” He began. HeeChul was a little shocked but he tried not to show it. It was rare for any of his kids especially DaeHyun to bring up that topic as they had promised that no word should be uttered about what had happened. Something must have happened for DaeHyun to mention that name now, after all those years.

“Well, what about her?” HeeChul asked casually, trying not to look so worried or shocked.

“Appa, JinYoung said that he saw someone who looked like SooYeon omma. A few days back when he was coming home from school.” DaeHyun explained as he reminisced the talk that he had with his brother. He still remembered JinYoung’s face when he was telling him about it. It was full with longing towards someone who he could barely remember.

HeeChul was now completely focussed on this conversation they were having. However, he was still persistent not to let any of his emotions show. “Oh, did he? Well, that is quite impossible because she left when he was still very small. Not so much older than HaNa, too. He couldn’t remember how she looked.” He tried to convince DaeHyun. 

“Unfortunately, appa, JinYoung has a photo of her inside his wallet. He carries it everywhere he goes.” DaeHyun stated firmly and that caused HeeChul to be silent. He didn’t know that his son had a picture of SooYeon and it made him wondered even more on where did JinYoung find it.

DaeHyun sighed again. “Appa, do you think ... that she will return?” He asked. This question had been running on his mind for a long time since the day JinYoung said he saw someone who looked like SooYeon and he couldn’t help but asking though he knew HeeChul will get mad. He just needed an assurance.

HeeChul then got furious with DaeHyun’s question just as DaeHyun had expected. He was actually worried that what they thought would happen will actually happen. He was not ready for that moment, no. “Who?! SooYeon?! No way, DaeHyun! Not in a million years! It has been 16 years up till today and we never received any calls or letters from her. She didn’t even bother to ask how is her child that she left. It would be something magical if she were to return.” HeeChul went berserk.

DaeHyun was stunned by HeeChul’s last sentences. He knew that HeeChul didn’t say it because he was mad. HeeChul always said things lik

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter