Chapter 31

♥Say Hello To The Jung Family ♥
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

HeeChul was lying on the bed, looking very helpless and sick. To be honest, HeeChul was actually dying. He was diagnosed to be having a brain cancer and it had reached a critical stage. HeeChul kept this from everyone in the house as he didn’t want to make them worry. With the children adjusting to SooYeon’s presence and his eldest two were pursuing their dreams, he decided to just keep this matter all to himself even though it was very important.

“Ap... appa.” HaNa called softly, as she approached HeeChul’s bed. HeeChul, whose eyes were closed, opened them difficultly and tried to smile seeing his girl. Yes. His girl. He finally admitted that HaNa was his daughter back at home before he was admitted but before he could go out and tell her, he fell in the bathroom and his cancer got worst.

“Are you okay ...? What did the doctor say?” HaNa asked, in an afraid tone as she wasn’t used to having a conversation with her father. HeeChul smiled weakly and motioned her to come closer and sat on the chair next to his bed.

“You don’t have to worry about that.” HeeChul said weakly. Each words he tried to say was like a pain that’s killing him in the inside. “Appa, maybe you should rest first. We can talk later, okay?” HaNa suggested as she was very concerned with HeeChul’s condition. He looked like he really didn’t have the energy left in him anymore.

HeeChul shook his head. “HaNa ... I don’t ... have ... much time ... left.” With that, realisation hit her. Her father was really dying. She sat down shakenly beside her father while trying to hold back the tears that were threatening to fall anytime.

HeeChul looked at her and tried to smile as he said, “Do you know ... who put the glowing stars in you room?” HeeChul asked and smiled while looking at HaNa who tried to think of who. She shook her head as she had no idea. “Erm ... no, I don’t. I’ve been wondering myself but no one seems to be wanting to tell me. Why appa?”

“It was me who put them there, love.” HeeChul admitted and HaNa’s eyes widened. “You?! You put them there?” It never crossed HaNa’s mind that HeeChul would do that for her. Didn’t her father hate her since she was born? Why would her father care so much as to put the stars in her room?

HeeChul nodded as he smiled. “Yes, it was me. When you were small, you were afraid of the dark so much. You cried every night and had nightmares. That’s why I put them. So that you know that you have the stars to accompany you to sleep.” He explained.

“To be honest ... I’m still scared of the dark and I’m so grateful that the stars won’t fall of after so many years. Now, I have two things to accompany me with when I go to sleep. The stars, and KyonDae. She sleeps next to me so I cuddle her all the time.” HaNa said happily.

HeeChul himself couldn’t help smiling seeing his daughter who he had ignored for so many years. He felt very sad knowing that he had been stupid and wasted all those times blaming HaNa here and there and never admitted that she was his child. But everything was too late now.

“HaNa ... I am so sorry. I shouldn’t have treated you the way I did. I was a fool. I was too into being mad at your mother that I blamed you a lot for her mistakes. I didn’t love you the way a father should.”

HaNa’s tears fell as she listened to HeeChul talking. She

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter