Chapter 23

♥Say Hello To The Jung Family ♥
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“ChaeRin ajumma, I’ve moved into HaNa’s house. They are so nice. They make me feel like I have a family again.” KyonDae said, all nicely dressed while kneeling beside ChaeRin’s grave. She visited her aunt’s grave that day but she came alone.

“Ajumma, I didn’t have the chance to thank you for everything that you did to my parents and me. Without you, maybe I’ll be living in the streets. Thank you really.” KyonDae continued talking, as if ChaeRin was really there listening.

“I’m really happy with them, ajumma. They treat me so well. HeeChul-ssi and SooYeon-ssi treat me like one of their children and they don’t mind me being there at all. What shocked me most was SooYeon-ssi, though. We’ve never met but she is fond of me like her other children. HaNa’s brothers are the same too. They take care of me just like how they take care of each other and they really make the situation not awkward. I’m so grateful having them. I feel like I’m a part of them. I feel their pain, their happiness.

Though at times I wonder what can I do to repay all of their kindness. I guess for the time being is to look out for them too, since they’ve been looking out for me.”

KyonDae cleaned the surrounding of ChaeRin’s grave and she was greeted by the person she least expected to see. “Hello, KyonDae-ssi?”

KyonDae looked up just to see YoungJae smiling down at her. “Oh, YoungJae-ssi! What are you doing here?” KyonDae stood up and bowed.

“I was just visiting my uncle’s grave. Are you visiting your aunt?” YoungJae asked.

“Yeah, I am! We always run into each other by chance, don’t we? Especially at places that never cross my mind. That day at the supermarket, now we met here.” KyonDae said with a smile.

“Maybe it’s fate? Haha.” YoungJae joked. KyonDae startled when she heard that and she kept silent. “Oh ... I’m just joking by the way. About the fate thing.” YoungJae quickly said, not wanting things to be awkward.

“Of course. I know, don’t worry.” KyonDae smiled.

“Well ... are you going to go home now? If you do, I can give you a lift.” YoungJae offered.

KyonDae thought about it for a while and in the end accepted it, “Oh okay. If it’s fine with you. In return why don’t I treat you to some hot chocolate? What do you say?”

“Well, no one can say no to hot chocolate!” He exclaimed while the both of them made their way out of the cemetery.

“Thank you, come again.” MinNeul said while giving her customers in front of her their ordered drinks and also their change. She was busy wiping the counter since some drinks spilled when a man appeared at the counter to make an order. “Hey, you!” He said. MinNeul looked at that customer and knitted her eyebrows. “Me, what?” She asked. That man looked familiar to her but she couldn’t put her finger on it.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter