Now we both know

Life Changing

[Jung Kook’s POV]

    “OMG Guys. Did you know what I just read on the news today? There was this pair of cousins who married each other out of love. That’s … weird don’t you think?” Ho Seok cut in.

  Instantly, I remembered that I kissed Yoon Mi yesterday, and she’s my cousin. I felt her hand twitch and curled up into a fist when everybody starting chorusing “Ew”.

  “I gotta go to the washroom.” She exited herself and left quickly.

  What’s wrong with her?

  Out of no actual reason, I felt that I had to follow her. “I need to go get some food.” And with that, I excused myself and followed her.

[Nam Joon’s POV]

  “Jung Kook ah, the cafeteria stalls aren’t that way!” I shouted to him. But he didn’t seem to hear me.

  What’s wrong with both of them?

[Jung Kook’s POV]

“Why are you avoiding me?” I knew that she is doing that. Who goes to the Non-fiction section of the library?

  She lied with an “I’m not.” Then proceeded to get away. If that isn’t avoiding, what is?

  Before I knew it, my body took over and I pulled her back. Now she’s too close to me and my heart is racing.

  “Stop avoiding me…” I made those words out, still staring at my hand on her skin.

  “And how? After yesterday at the park? How?” She spat out.

  So it’s my fault for causing her to avoid me? Did she hate me that much?

“I’m sorry… I really am. I didn’t mean to… I just…” It seems as though she was apologizing..

  But then, I felt only anger. So she hates me? If she hates me, why don’t she just say it! And why is she sorry? Is she sorry for responding to the kiss? Does she dislike it?

  “Just what huh?” I felt cheated of my feelings.

  “I don’t know okay! I’m your cousin and all. Not even real cousin, but step cousin! But why did you… you kissed me yesterday and what I felt should not be that way! I… It isn’t appropriate! I cannot… I can’t feel…” With that, she cried.

  Looking at her going away, these few thoughts that I never thought I will have ran through my mind:

1.     Is she alright?

2.    What did she ‘felt’?

3.    Should I go after her and console her?

*

  At night, I lied down on my bed and stared at the lights above. Even though they were blinding, they forced me to focus on my thoughts.

  Do I like her? Yes… I think I do. But she’s my cousin, or step-cousin. Nevertheless, we are still related by blood, by my grandfather… Should I go for her? Didn’t I dislike her? That’s the past… I think. I like her. I think. Maybe I should go for it. I think. Maybe I should ignore all the ‘wrongs’.

*

[Yoon Mi’s POV]

  Knock Knock… “Come in!” I shouted as I stared at the Maths Equation on my paper. I’m good at Maths, but lately, my thoughts had been occupied by him, leaving me unable to concentrate.

  Auntie entered the room and smiled at me. “Some fruits while you study?” She winked and placed a platter of food on my study desk.

  “Yes Auntie. Thanks!” I grinned, hugging her to let her know that her actions are much appreciated.

  “Study hard Yoon Mi ah. Make your parents proud.” She hugged back, ruffling my already messy hair.

  “Mmhm.” I nodded my head, making a mental note to myself to take down Auntie’s words.

  After making sure I had eaten at least a few pieces of fruits, Auntie left the room.

  Now, back to the Mathe Equation. What is this? Do I substitute it this way or…

  He grabbed my wrist and pulled me closer to him.

  What happened today at the library still bothered me. Sighing, I pushed away the Maths worksheet and folded my arms on the table, lying my head on it to face the window.

  Jeon Jung Kook… Why do you keep appearing in my mind… We are cousins or step-cousins and I can’t like you…

  Then, I heard the door creak open again.

  “Auntie, I’m fine, just taking a rest!” I announced, not wanting to worried Auntie.

  Strangely, there was no reply.

  I heard footsteps shuffle behind me and felt a presence just behind my shoulder, and some hot breath down my neck.

  Curious, I turned my neck, wanting to see who or what was behind me.

  My lips brushed against something soft and I widened my eyes in surprise, only to see the shocked eyes of Jeon Jung Kook in front of me. He closed his eyelids, but still didn’t move his head away.

  What… What is this?! I mentally screamed.

  I tried to back away, but his strong hands pinned me in a position that made me unable to break away.

  But before I knew it, I was responding to him as well.

  If anything good came out from kissing him, it was one thing – It’s confirmed that I like Jeon Jung Kook, my step-cousin.