Nam Joon.

Life Changing

[Jung Kook’s POV]

  At the right of the field, there is Joo Won. No one ever spoke to Joo Won. Joo Won came from a family… that didn’t exist. He is an orphan. Joo Won’s explosive behavior and anger management issues stemmed from the fact that he had no one to rely on.

  Would I be treated like this by others too?

  But. I have people I love, who love me, and I can rely on.

  I have 6 awesome friends, 1 amazing girlfriend, 2 best foster parents.

  What else do I need?

~_*_~

  At 7am in the morning, I sat on my seat and folded my arms, burying my head in my arms, waiting for the action to start.

  It was agreed that as people streamed into class, Tae Hyung would start telling other students that I was adopted. Tae Hyung, was the perfect person to spread it, as he had a reputation for being “big-mouthed”, as well as a “reliable source”.

  Soon, not long after, murmurings were passed around the class and I heard distinct whispers of “Jeon Jung Kook? But he’s still so perfect though…”, “I guess God is far?” and “Poor guy…”

  Yeon Jung Kook. Jeon Jung Kook. Whatever. Just because I have a different name doesn’t make me not Jung Kook anymore.

  Class is over, I walked out to the corridor and sure enough, people gave me looks of pity.

  Out of the corner of my eye, I spy a dark and tall figure dragging a girl away.

  My Girl.

~_*_~

[Yoon Mi’s POV]

  This school is sure a blabby one.

  “I never knew Jung Kook was an orphan! I thought it was weird too, why would you kiss Jung Kook? Gosh, I went home doubting you! Sorry Yoon Mi ah! Is that why you like him? Or is it out of pity because… he’s the same plight as you?” Immediately after wondering her thoughts out loud, Eun Ji clasped her hands to .

  “! I didn’t mean… I’m so… Sorry Yoon Mi!”

  “Not pity… I really like him…” I mumbled.

  My thoughts were distracted by Jung Kook. Is he feeling okay? Everyone’s talking about him.

  Seconds after the bell rang, I hurried out of the class to look for Jung Kook. However, I was blocked by Nam Joon. He was this tall figure looming in front of me, like an avalanche that is about to fall.

  “So they aren’t real cousins?”, “Nam Joon likes her too?”, “Gosh! What is she?” Malicious comments about me were spread along the corridor.

  Nam Joon has fallen head over heels for you. Wasn’t that what Ran Na said yesterday?

  I slowly inched away from Nam Joon, too aware of his intense stare/glare that was making me uncomfortable.

  My hand banged against a table, and I lost my balance and tripped.

  Nam Joon dived in and grabbed my shoulders. He gave me a shake, then grabbed my wrist, and yanked me somewhere.

~_*_~

 

The music room was dark, with the lights off and no one inside.

  Nam Joon slammed the door close as he cornered me, forcing me to back off into a corner.

  “Yah… Nam Joon ah… You’re scaring me…” I stuttered, wondering what has got into him.

  “You kissed Jung Kook?” He hissed through clenched teeth.

  Afraid, I nodded.

  Was what Ran Na said yesterday true?

  “Do you know what Ran Na that said about me yesterday?”

  Nods head timidly.

  “Do you think it’s true?”

  I hesitated. “I.. I don’t know.”

  “It’s true. Yoon Mi. I was your first friend here. I had always welcomed you. Don’t you notice I don’t do it to everybody?”

  Thinking back… he was nice to me only, shunning all others away even when they throw themselves at him.

  “I tried to show you the best side of me, don’t you see it?”

  Step by step, he came closer. I spotted an escape route and ducked to run away.

  However, Nam Joon instinctively jammed his hand against the wall, at my waist level, rendering me helpless.

  “Nam Joon ah… S..Sorry, please… let me go…” His other hand was gripping my right wrist too tightly now. It hurts.

  “I like you Yoon Mi. I really do. Can’t you see it?” His hand slammed against the wall.

  His pupils were dilated, eyes turning a fearsome gaze at me.

  He leaned it, coming closer towards me.

  I turned my head towards the wall.

  No.

~_*_~

  Bang! The door slammed open.

  Instantly, I felt Nam Joon’s body heat leaving me and I peeked open my eyes.

  Jung Kook.

  If the look in Nam Joon’s eyes were fearsome just now, the look in Jung Kook’s eyes is beastly.

  “WHAT ARE YOU DOING?” Jung Kook roared at Nam Joon.

  What came next was unexpected. Jung Kook threw a fist at Nam Joon. As though played in slow motion, I saw Nam Joon’s cheeks flatten, as the ripple effect travelled throughout his skin. Nam Joon collapsed on the ground.

  He propped himself up on his elbow, wiped something off his nose and snickered.

  Blood.

  “What? Is our friendship overshadowed by this girl?” Nam Joon laughed, somewhat maniacally.

  Jung Kook rushed forward and grabbed Nam Joon’s collar and pulled him up.

  “I love all of you guys the same as how I love Yoon Mi. Don’t you ever bother her again.” Jung Kook seethed.

  He then held my hand and pulled me out of the music room.

  I turned around. Nam Joon was sitting on the floor, wiping blood off his nose, and there was sadness in his eyes.

~_*_~

  Jung Kook pulled me all the way to the field, under a tree and immediately settled himself on the grass, staring into the distance. I smoothed my uniform skirt and sat down next to him.

  His hand was bruised, and it was bloody. Whether it was from Nam Joon’s blood, or his… it’s hard to determine.

  Gently, I held up his hand and rested it on my palms, examining it. Gently, I blew on it, noticing that he winced a little. Gently, I touched the injury. He flinched and pulled his hand back aggressively.

  I was certain I touched raw skin, the blood was his.

  “Are you oka–” “Did he hurt you?” I was interrupted.

  Nam Joon?

  “It’s okay, he didn’t do anything to me.”

  He isn’t the Nam Joon I know.

  “I saw him.. leaning…” Jung Kook muttered.

  “He didn’t do anything.” I repeated.

  But he scared me.

  “You know what, can you apologize to him? I mean, he’s your best friend and well… he’s right. Your friendship cannot be overshadowed by me.”

  “What… What do you mean? I love both of you the same, it’s just…”

  “I know. But I don’t want your friendship to be ruined, okay?”

  Silence.

  “Fine.”