Help me

Life Changing

 [Yoon Mi’s POV]

  “Just know that not everything I told you is the truth, except my name, which is however, also a little skewed… I’m not exactly Jeon Jung Kook, but Yeon Jung Kook… Wait. Don’t ask any questions first. Wait till we get home. I’ll explain it all.” Jung Kook shushed me up with his finger on my lips. Too intimate for a relative.

  Home?

  The Nurses came in and announced “we need guardians to fill up this discharge form” in Korean.  2 Adults, who introduced themselves as “Auntie” and “Uncle”, as well as Jung Kook’s parents, proceeded to follow the Nurse.

  Am I in Singapore?

  It’s been 2 days after I woke up, everything was too foreign to me, and my head hurts often. However, doctors deem me medically fit to be discharged, there is a lack of hospital beds for patients in worse conditions than me.

  Jung Kook had his back facing me again, him packing my clothes and other necessities to bring ‘Home’, while I sat up on the bed, still wondering what’s going on.

  “Where are my parents?”  I voiced out.

  Jung Kook stiffened, his muscles tensed, he looked like a rock.

  “No questions, remember.”

 

 

~_*_~

  The trip ‘Home’ was way more than weird. It was as if I am no longer in Singapore… but in another country… Korea?

  After Jung Kook brought me to my ‘Room’, he informed me that he was coming in 25 Minutes, to explain things.

  Wow, this is really my room…. The layout is neat, but the books are messy…. Like what I always do. I see pictures of my parents and I…

  But what happened to my real room in Singapore?

  Seconds later, the door creaked open and close. A shadow approached me and Jung Kook appeared.

  “Take a seat.” He offered.

  “Um, isn’t this supposed to be my room?” What irony it is to ask the owner to take a seat.

  Jung Kook gave a bitter chuckle… “Times like this and you still joke around.”

  It’s been a long time since he last showed anything that resembled happiness. The last time, was when he hugged me when I first woke up. Ever since then, there was always a gloom around him that makes me want to cheer him up. But I doubt I have the right or the power or the potential to.

  “Bad news or Good news?”

  “Good?” I replied hesitantly.

  “I hope this is Good news for you... We… We were in love.”

  “Oh!... Huh?! Aren’t we relatives….?”

  I didn’t know what to think. My head hurt and upon the word ‘love’, the headache throbbed even further. It was as though someone placed 999 million rubber bands around my head with the intent of bursting my brains out.

  “Bad news, do you want it?”

  I nodded my head to his question.

  “Your …parents… are dead.”

  The pain was too intense. It caused my legs to buckle and I crumpled onto the floor. The throbbing seemed to only grow as images flash across my mind. I see a torn banner with the word anniversary, and that triggered me into recalling a phone call… with Doctor Aw? All of a sudden, I receive cold shivers down my spine, as I remembered that I flew to Korea. I am in Korea now.

  My parents are dead? That news was also transmitted to me via Doctor Aw.

  Fog engulfed my mind and enveloped me into a pit of darkness. The pain that seemed to have temporarily faded during my coma all came rushing back at me in full force that knocked my breath out of me. I remember everything now. From my parents death, to conversing with Doctor Aw, to leaving school, to going to Korea… And that’s where my memory stopped as well.

  “Yoon Mi! Yoon Mi! Are you okay?” Jung Kook pulled me back into reality. He was shaking my shoulder violently with both hands.

  I lifted my face to meet his.

  “Huh? Yes. Yes. Um. I’m. Okay.” I managed to choke out, but failed to stop the tears from falling.

  “I shouldn’t have told you that…” He seemed to blame himself, biting his lips with an apologetic gaze towards me.

  “No, it… I needed to know it. If you don’t mind, excuse me.” I stumbled out of my room, out of the house, and to where, I don’t know. Everything was blurry. My tears made everything and everyone I look at merge together. I keep bumping into strangers. I kept muttering sorry. I kept walking.

  I don’t know where. I don’t know why. I don’t know how.

 

 

~_*_~

[Jung Kook’s POV]

  . It’s 9.37pm. Where’s Yoon Mi?!

  Fear gripped me in it’s sharp claws, cutting deeply into me and penetrating my soul. Horrifying images flash through my mind as I thought of scenarios that happened to her. Accident? Kidnap? Lost? Or… was she unable to deal with the pain and decided to suic..id…e….

  No, Yoon Mi is stronger than that.

  Curse imagination.

  Hip Hop music blasted in my room. Perhaps, to calm me down? I don’t know. I feel the pain is more bearable with music. The song was created by 7 people, me and my 6 closest friends. The song is called “We are bulletproof 2”.

  No… it’s too noisy now. Next.

  Butterfly… Like a butterfly… This song was created recently, I meant to serenade Yoon Mi with it… I meant to, when she woke up. I didn’t expect amnesia.

  Flashbacks of my time with her went past my mind. Laughing. Eating. Playing. Loving.

  I grabbed my coat and an umbrella and rushed out of the house.

  The raindrops pittered and pattered onto the umbrella.

  I ran.

~_*_~

  It’s been hours. I checked my phone, it was 1.25am. I had dialed Mom to ensure her I’m safe… I didn’t mention Yoon Mi.

  I checked everywhere possible, the swings, the pond, the mall, even school. But I found no clue. No signs of her. No one’s out at this moment.

  I spy the fishcake stall. I remember how we kissed.

  Holding the umbrella, I walked in front of the stall, thanking god for making this stall exist.

  I pray again, wishing for Yoon Mi’s return.

  As though God heard me, I heard sobs that were distinctly Yoon Mi’s.

  Instantly, I rushed around the stall. Sure enough, behind the stall, lay a crouched figure with a heaving delicate back.

  It was Yoon Mi. I recognize her anywhere. The tension that had been in my body since she left her room, finally eased. I could breathe fresh air again.

  I crouched down beside her too, shielding her from the rain with the too small umbrella. I didn’t care about myself if I was soaked to the core.

  Yoon Mi was shivering, her hair was plastered down and she was crying, hard.

  We lay there for a few minutes.

  “I… remember this stall… My head hurts… I remember the kiss… My head… it hurts…” Her cries were like spears piercing into me.

  While I find solace in knowing that she remembers us, I hate the pain that she’s having. I would do anything to take that pain away from her, implant it in me if I must.

  that person who knocked her.

  She turned towards me. I hugged her tight. She sobbed into me. I her head.

  “I’m scared.” She muttered.

  “So am I.” I replied. She lifted her face up towards me. Her eyes were b with tears, hair was plastered on her face and snot was running down her nose.

  But at that moment, that was the best sight I ever had.

  My lips came crashing down on hers. She responded.

  All of a sudden, she broke the kiss. For a fraction of a second, I was worried she started having second thoughts about me, that maybe the coma made her lose her feelings for me. That maybe she liked someone else. Those thoughts, soon disappeared.

  “Help me find myself.”

[A/N: Sorry! I just came back from overseas, it was fun and I bought BTS POSTERS WOOHOO. 12. IT WAS AMAZING. I wanted to buy the albums, but I was spoilt for choice... so I didn't get any... Any, Jung Kook, I realize, he's really a deep person. He wants to do well, he wants to be perfect, but he doesn't really let people see how hard he works. He's the type of person who works really hard secretly and will perform perfectly on stage? Amazing kid. And he's just 18.]