A change

Life Changing

[Jung Kook's POV]

  My heart palpitated wildly and my body suddenly felt so hot. Strange... Why... It can't be of her though. Right? Haven't I always disliked her? Okay, maybe not disliked. But I never welcomed her... so why... Then, that image of Yoon Mi crying in her room flashed past my mind. Is it because I've softened? Maybe because she's not the girl whom she pretends to be - all tough and strong? Is it because she's similar to me? She lost her parents. I've lost... something as well. Difference is, I don't know what I lost. But I lost it. 

  There's this poor girl lying on me to hold on to herself. Her strong pretense, those walls, are broken down. Now I'm seeing her at her most raw and vulnerable state. What am I doing not helping her?!

  "It's okay Yoon Mi. Just let it out." I whispered to her, knowing she can still hear me despite all those sniffings. Using one hand, I patted the back of her head rhythmically, and used my another hand to envelop her. Hopefully, she'll feel better.

  Strangely, doing these things, these things that I've never done before, never gotten so close to a girl, seemed natural to me. 

  I could feel eyes staring at us. I looked up and saw these people, with amused looks on their face, whispering and pointing fingers. Anger rushed inside me, my body felt a different kind of heat. I was agitated. I wanted to punch those people. They didn't lose any parents. What rights do they have to mock this poor girl? 

  I glared daggers at them, then the staring stop.

  With a swift movement, I pivoted Yoon Mi and steadily suported her to the grainy ground. Once seated, Yoon Mi released her grip on me and buried her face in her hands, still sobbing profusely. 

  Her pulling away made me feel kind of weird. My heart ached at seeing how badly she was crying. 

  "I'm sorry... It's all my fault. I did that to them. I'm sorry if I dragged you and your family down with me. I was the one... I made them..." She trailed off. We both know what she wanted to say - that she made them die.

  "You Idiot. You didn't. I don't know what happened. But it definitely wasn't your fault." I sat beside her with my arms propped up on my legs, looking at the swans in the lake. Thinking about what her life would have been if she still had her parents.

  "Do you even know what I have done?!" Her outburst surprised me. What's more shocking is that when she lifted her face to look at me, her eyes were bloodshot. 

  "I made them worry, made them rush home. While they were rushing home. They got into the car accident. That's what happened! THAT'S WHAT THE IDIOTIC USELESS ME DONE. THAT'S WHAT I DID TO THEM. I'M NO DIFFERENT FROM A MURDERER!" She stood up angrily and pulled her hair in frustration. Stomping her feet, She let out her emotions with a wail. 

  Something washed over me and I stood up almost immediately after her. Her back was facing me as She continued to silently sob. It broke my heart seeing her blame herself for something She hasn't done. 

  Within an instant, when my mind was blank and I wasn't thinking, I cupped her face with my two hands and brought our lips together. Time stood still then. But those soft lips of hers sort of melted when our lips met. She tasted of ... banana. Was her lip balms banana flavoured? That's my favourite fruit...

  I broke the kiss, but still cupped her face. Our foreheads touched and she had already stopped crying and leaned against my forehead. 

  "Don't cry. You look beautiful when you smile. Smile." Those words came out of my mouth before I could stop them

  After what seemed like eternity, after that blissful time, Yoon Mi suddenly pushed me away. Her face was flushed red. She folded her arms together, and walked away from me. It was then that I realised what I had done.

  I kissed... Her.

*

[Yoon Mi's POV]

  He kissed... me. I kissed... Him.

  "Don't cry. You look beautiful when you smile. Smile." He said. I felt so at peace then, with our foreheads touching. It was almost as if my wound of losing my parents had healed...

  No, it can't be right. This is just wrong. He hates me. 

  Unable to look at him, I folded my arms and walked away, hoping he wouldn't follow. 

  Sure enough. He didn't.

  Disappointment suddenly filled me up.

  Do I want him to follow?

*

[Both Yoon Mi's and Jung Kook's POV]

  Do we like each other?

[Author's Note: Jung Kook is such a hot and cold character here. XD. But he does have his soft side. And something did happened to him. It's for me to know and for you to find out. I just decided to make Jung Kook's soft side appear as 10 chapters already passed. It was about time some development happened. As you can tell, this story isn't fluff nor comedic. It's more romance and sort of serious I guess. I have lots of plot in my mind now. But it's for me to know and for you to find out.]