Nothing.

Life Changing

[Yoon Mi’s POV]

SDIFUIACNRIEUCNIWEUCW SDIFUIACNRIEUCNIWEUCW SDIFUIACNRIEUCNIWEUCW SDIFUIACNRIEUCNIWEUCW SDIFUIACNRIEUCNIWEUCW SDIFUIACNRIEUCNIWEUCW SDIFUIACNRIEUCNIWEUCW SDIFUIACNRIEUCNIWEUCW SDIFUIACNRIEUCNIWEUCW SDIFUIACNRIEUCNIWEUCW

  Where… Where am I…? Why is there whiteness all around me?

  I tried to sit up, but sharp pains shot through my whole body and throbbed in my head. Instantly, my body forced me to lie down.

  I felt something warm holding my right arm and I tilted my head to the right.

  You look familiar… but who are you?

  As impossible as it sounds, the instant I see his sleeping profile, with his head on my hospital bed, a feeling of gratitude and happiness spreads to every molecule of my body, making it feel as though the pain no longer existed.

  Who is this stranger though?

  Why are there Korean words in the signboard?

  I tried sitting up again, but the pain, once again, forced me down.

  “Oh, what time is it? Mom, is Yoon Mi awake?” He mumbled groggily. I guess he was disturbed by me. Wait, is he speaking in Korean? Okay, let me switch to my Korean speaking skills.

  “It’s 2am in the morning.” I replied him instead of whoever he was looking for, she was nowhere to be found.

  Instantly, that guy jerked his head upwards. “Yoon Mi?!” He gasped. Oh, he knows me? I know someone from Korea? When he saw my face, he reached out his hand like he couldn’t believe what was in front of him. With his 2 hands, he cupped my face, then proceeded to squeeze and pinch it.

  “Ahhhhh!” I squealed in pain.

  “Sorry.” He apologized. “You’re… You’re awake…” He mumbled again.

  “How long have I been asleep for?”

  “1 week, 3 days, and 8 hours… Everyone was so afraid that after the blood transfusion you slipped into a coma…”

  “Have you been here the whole time?” And who are you? I wanted to ask.

  “More or less… Unless Mom pulls me back to shower. I eat, sleep and pray here. Words… Words can’t express how lucky I feel now. Oh Yoon Mi. I missed you so much. I was so worried you might be taken away from me. I didn’t know what or how to feel. I was… numb… I was praying the whole time… I missed you Yoon Mi…” His voice cracked as he struggled to get these words out.

  Tears unknowingly rolled down my cheeks as he spoke.

  Why am I crying? Who is this person to me? What am I to him?

  He suddenly shot up straight and pulled me into a tight hug. Despite being in shock, his embrace provided some sort of comfort for my pain. We stayed like this for a few seconds, with his head in my shoulders, and my head in his shoulders.

  Pause. Blood transfusion?

  “Blood transfusion?” I echoed my own thoughts.

  “I’m a negative O… it is exceptionally rare…”

  Upon hearing this, his body tensed up.

  “Do you remember anything?” He asked, seriously.

  “Yeah! My parents’ anniversary was recently, right? I remember calling them… then… then… gosh, did I faint or something? But… who are you?” Memories were not coming back to me at all.

  That person’s unreadable expression turned into one of pure horror and fear.

  “Do you remember your full name?”

  “Shin Yoon Mi?” Why is he asking this?

  “My name?”

  “I’m not sure. But in Singapore, you look like a Josh.” I chuckled, but he didn’t.

  “Do you know which country we are in?”

  “Singapore? But why’s there Korean words here… is there a Korean international hospital here?”

  “…”

  “Wait here.” He ran out of the ward.

~_*_~

[Jung Kook’s POV]

  “Doctor, she can’t remember anything at all! She remembers things, but not those that happened before the accident! She can’t remember the text message, she can’t remember running out of the house, she can’t remember the car! She can’t remember the car plate license! How do we find the bastard?! And… and… She lost a lot of blood from her head prior to being sent to the hospital… I’m worried… I’m worried that some internal health brain damage has been done… and she can’t remember me. She can’t remember Korea… it’s as though she’s stuck months before now.” All these words came like a bullet train in one stutter.

  The doctor’s room was unnervingly small, there were pictures of brain damages on his walls and this only served to make me scuttle in the inside.

  What if Yoon Mi… received brain damage… What if, I am no longer an important part of her life?

  The doctor took down notes and studied Yoon Mi’s medical reports on his file. He took out a reference book and flipped to a page. Upside down, I could read “checklist for temporary amnesia due to extreme trauma”. Fear gripped me.

  “Well, according to theory, it is normal for the patient to receive temporary amnesia due to trauma. There is 50% chance the patient can recover from this, and she needs the help of everyone possible. Usually, the patient will forget things closely linked to the accident. Such as what really happened, the people involved and so on. As I mentioned earlier, there is only 50% chance of full recovery. Professionals are not able to help you in this… I can only say, Good Luck.”

~_*_~

  Yoon Mi was still in the hospital ward. She pressed me for information, but I only told her a few things. Basically, I lied that I am her family relative from Korea and visited Singapore… she believed me.

  “Kook!” My closest 6 friends came rushing to my side, along with Eun Ji. I have yet to tell Mom and Dad, how will they take the news that Mom’s daughter still lives thinking that her Singaporean parents are still alive?

  “What happened? What did the doctor say? Is she alright?” Nam Joon bombarded me with questions.

  Eun Ji was about to go into the ward when I stopped her.

  I took a deep breath. “Yoon Mi… She… She can’t remember anything. She thinks she’s still in Singapore. She thinks her parents are alive. She doesn’t remember all of us.”

  She doesn’t remember me. She doesn’t remember that we were in love.

  I paused for a few seconds to let them digest the information. Everyone’s faces were either of horror, shock, confusion or sadness. Eun Ji’s was a mix of all.

  1 Second… 2 Second… 3 Second…

  “Before we go in… Let’s all pretend that we’re her family friends from Korea… That’s what I told her – that’s what I lied to her. And we’re in Singapore.”

~_*_~

[Yoon Mi’s POV]

  All of a sudden, many people came swarming into my ward.

  1… 2… 3… 4… 5… 6… 7… 8…

  “Um, are you all in the wrong room?” Immediately after saying it, I spied that guy who hugged me just now.

  “Hey You! Jung Kook right? Who are all these people?” I shouted at him.

  “We’re all your family friends, right guys?” He replied. The others gave me a weak smile.

  They all crowded around my bed, making me feel terribly uncomfortable. These people… they don’t all seem that familiar to me… I pulled my blanket all the way up to my chin, revealing only my eyes, nose and hair.

  One by one, they started introducing yourself. “Nam Joon”, “Yoon Gi”, “Ho Seok”, “Jin”, “Tae Hyung”, “Ji Min” and “Eun Ji”. Jung Kook obviously skipped himself since he introduced himself to me earlier.

  However, there was this one person who stood out to me.

  “Eun… Ji?” The name rung some bells.

  My head hurt for an instant and I had to close my eyes tightly and shake my head a few times to let it go away.

  “Yoon Mi! You.. you alright?” A voice that I recognized as Jung Kook’s spilled concern out.

  I nodded my head.

  Eun Ji… Eun Ji…

  “Eun Ji! I know you! You are my best friend! But how we met, what we did… I… I can’t remember…” I tried to form memories in my head, but to no avail.

  Eun Ji came closer to my bed side and held my hand. For a few seconds, she did not speak at all and there was nothing but tears falling from her doe eyes.

  “I’m glad you’re here.” Was all she said.

  I don’t recognize anyone else. The atmosphere was tense. Since I don’t know them, there was nothing to talk about. And I am tired. Too tired. My brain’s tired of trying to find memories I can’t remember. I can’t remember anything at all. I want to sleep.

  “I want to sleep.” I spoke out loud.

  All of them nodded their heads and walked out of the door.

  Jung Kook though, lingered by my bedside for a few moments. He interlaced our fingers and squeezed my hand.

  “I’ll find back your memories.” 

[A/N: I'm so pissed my wifi + tv doesn't work! I have no way of watching MAMA besides 4g on phone... and that's impossible... in the end I only watched the live performance of dance and damn, our golden maknae looks damn hot there, doesn't he? Anyway, using 4g + hotspot to post this now... :/]

Also, I'm overseas now! Will be back around 11 December, so stay tuned 12/13 Dec!