I need help

Life Changing

“Yoon Mi! You’re here!” Eun Ji squeaked ecstatically, looking a tad bit nervous as well. I smiled to her and turned back to the door, waving bye to Nam Joon who waited for me and sent me to my class.

“What’s up Yo?” I lifted my fist for Eun Ji to bump it, having a great day so far without needing to see Jung Kook’s face. Eun Ji raised her eyebrows at me and waved my fist away. Dejectedly, I lowered my fist.

“Yoon Mi, Lee In is scaring me.”

“How so?”

“She… kept staring and glaring at me today.” Eun Ji bit on her lower lips and fiddled with her thumbs under the table. “Naw, don’t worry, it’s probably just your thinking. I’m sure she won’t do anything to harm you… right?” I consoled Eun Ji, stretching my back and settling down.

Eun Ji shrugged.

*

“Yoon Mi! Food?” Nam Joon leaned his shoulder against the door frame and munched on his cheese cake. My stomach growled and I caved in to temptation.

“One.” I raised my index finger and received the cake from Nam Joon. He flashed his bright, white teeth at me and attempted to make a conversation. Looking past his shoulder, I noticed that Jeon Jung Kook was strolling down the corridor, seemingly gliding so effortlessly.

The ever-so-famliar scream that went through walls shocked me. Everyone dropped what was in their hands –Including Nam Joon’s cheesecake – just to cover their ears. It lasted for a good whole 10 seconds and my ears were buzzing when I uncupped them.

“What was that?” Nam Joon mouthed. I think he might have said it out loud, but I was still not sure, my ears were still throbbing and had yet to recover. I stepped out of the classroom and peeked to my right, scanning for the source of the scream. Nam Joon tapped my shoulder and pointed at one person in particular – Lee In. Beside her, was – Eun Ji.

*

Tears spilled out from Eun Ji’s pretty doe-like eyes. Her shoulder heaved heavily up and down, and I stood beside her, rubbing her shoulders. Opposite her, stood Lee In with a crinkled nose and furrowed eyebrows, -- and three teachers all closing in on Eun Ji.

“Let me repeat, one last time. Why did you do that?” Mr Cho, our head of discipline questioned Eun Ji. He took a step forward, intimidating her.

Like a magnet repelling another magnet, Eun Ji immediately took a step back, widening the distance between herself and Mr Cho. Eun Ji shook her head profusely, wiping her flowing tears that trickled down her cheeks with the back of her hand.

“I didn’t. I really didn’t!” She kept denying, sobbing more heavily than ever.

“Then why. Were there Cockroaches in my locker? You, obviously blame me for your embarrassment yesterday, and want Revenge. Your locker is beside mine, making it easier for you to sneak dirty creatures inside, isn’t it? It’s all You. You. You.” Lee In narrowed her eyes and jabbed Eun Ji harshly on her shoulder, making Eun Ji trip over her own foot and fall to the ground.

“Ms Lee, that’s enough.” Mr Cho commented, although slightly apprehensive. “Have you forgotten my father is the principal of this school? He can sack you anytime, you know, with just one word uttered from me.” Lee In snarled, advancing towards Mr Cho. Mr Cho immediately apologized. It’s sick how even the teachers are Lee In’s minions. This school is so screwed up.

“Detention next week at Twelve noon, for every day. Starting Monday. You will also get your leadership position revoked.” Mr Cho concluded, and left with the other two teachers.

“You better watch out, I will not let this slide.” Lee In spat at Eun Ji. Eun Ji brought her knees to her chest, and buried her head in her arms. “I knew something like this would… would happen.” She sobbed violently.

*

*Should I, or should I not?* I debated this question in my head as I paced around the room. Both devils and angels were speaking.

A: Do it for Eun Ji!

D: You barely know her.

A: But she’s your first female friend! She’s so helpless and fragile also.

D: Do you want him to dislike you even further?

A: Do what your conscience tells you to do.

I decided to follow the Angel. With silent steps, I tip-toed to Jeon Jung Kook’s room and push the door open ever so slightly. With the ajar door, I peeked into his room and saw him lying at the foot of his bed with earphones plugged in. I lowered my head and bit my lower lips as I entered the room, not daring to face him. Without knowing what happened, I stumbled onto a box left unattended and made a ruckus. Then, I hugged the floor.

A gasped sounded above me. I looked up, to see a Jeon Jung Kook – Half . I gulped down the saliva choked in my mouth. Even though there is no mirror now, I bet I was blushing crimson red. I’ve never seen a guy half- before – not including my father – , but I’ve got to admit that Jeon Jung Kook’s body was pretty hot, his abs were soli-

“Have you seen enough?!” Jung Kook fumbled for his blanket to cover himself. I realised that I was still staring, and looked away immediately. Jung Kook’s beet-red face was hilarious, I couldn’t help but chuckle to myself.

“What are you doing here?” Jung Kook asked after having worn his shirt.

“I need a favor from you.”

“Again?”

I ignored his harsh comment and continued, “I need you to seduce Lee In.”

“No.”

“It’s for Eun Ji. I need you to find out from her if did she plant the insects in her locker herself.”

“Are you insane? Why would she do that?”

“To get Eun Ji into trouble.”

“Still No. I have no relations to you, Eun Ji, nor Lee In.”

I sighed, knowing he has a point. “I’ll do the dishes for a week. And I won’t bother you, unless instructed by Auntie.” For Eun Ji, I am willing to sacrifice.

Jung Kook stared at me in the eye, seemingly deep in thought. After an agonizing wait of like eternity, he finally announced. “Fine. On one condition, it is attract, not seduce.”