So much to deal with

Life Changing

[Jung Kook’s POV]

  . Do I really have to do it?

  My eyes must have spelt my apprehension as Yoon Mi nudged me to hurry up with the phone call.

  Taking a deep breath, I pressed the dial button.

  Here it goes.

  “Beep.” Silence. The line was connected but there was no sound from the speaker.

  Oh wait, there is. Heavy breathing.

  “Hyung.” I steadily breathed out one word.

  “What.”

  “Can we meet up for coffee? Just the two of us? We can both get Americanos.”

  “Café Benne, Paldo street, 5pm.”

  “Okay.” I hung up the phone and checked the timing.

  4.27pm

  “I’ll stay here, you go ahead.” Yoon Mi hurried me to go along.

  As I left the room, she shouted back to me “Help me to say sorry!”

  “NO.” I yelled back, but not in the fierce way.

~_*_~

[Yoon Mi’s POV]

  He thinks I’m going to stay in the room?

  You thought wrong.

~_*_~

[Jung Kook’s POV]

  4.58pm – There he is!

  “Oh Grey!” I let out as Nam Joon took as seat opposite me.

  “Hot?” He asked.

  I nodded, having bought his Americano in advance. Meanwhile, I like it iced.

  “Woah. We matchy-matchy outfits eh.” Nam Joon chuckled. And all of a sudden, it was as though there’s no tension between us.

  “Is your eyes, nose, lips okay?” I inquired.

  “Rascal. Do you think you’re that powerful to injure me?”

  “Psh. I saw blood.”

  Hyung pretended to punch me in the face and I reacted back, swinging my head to my side. We both fell into heaps of laughter, just like the old times.

  Silence.

  “Sorry.” He mumbled. Wait! I was supposed to apologize first, wasn’t I?

  “I’m the one who should be sorry, Hyung. I didn’t know you liked Yoon Mi, if I knew, I wouldn’t have fell for her so hard. But… now that we’re together, and she helped me get through my difficulties of being adopted… I really need her, I really do. I need Yoon Mi. Therefore, I hope you can accept my apologies of throwing away my maknae status and punching you yesterday. 6 of you and Yoon Mi are precious people in my life, I wouldn’t want to lose y’all.” I barely managed to choke out my words.

  Flashbacks of how close the 7 of us are came into my mind.

  “Yah Hyungs-Nims! Don’t throw me into the water!” I yelled insanely.

  “1…2…” I braced myself for 3, but even before 2 ended, I was flung into the seawater.

  Spluttering out salt water, I choked and my eyes became irritated. Suddenly, a pair of arms lifted me up and I was standing on my 2 feet again.

  Nam Joon put his arms around me and I put mine around Tae Hyung’s.

  “We’re forever! Always be together! Hip Hop lovers!” 7 of us yelled out this chant simultaneously.

  “Remember how I lost my first girlfriend to another bastard?” I nodded my head.

  “6 of you helped me get through that tough period. Since Yoon Mi’s yours, I don’t think I’ve met my other half yet. So for now, y’all are my priority.” Nam Joon Hyung brought tears to my eyes.

  The seven of us are as close as brothers, maybe even more.

  We shared a smile, knowing that things are just as before.

  “That girl behind you looks familiar… Her shirt, I’ve seen it before… , is she crying?” Hyung squinted his eyes, staring past me.

  I turned my head around, and immediately recognized that long straight hair that is a chestnut dark brown.

  “Yoon Mi?”

  That lady threw a napkin to our table and left, never showing us her face, but her back was obviously heaving up and down. She was crying.

  “That’s so touching.” Was written on the napkin.

~_*_~

  At home, I searched high and low for Yoon Mi. However, that girl is nowhere to be found.

  Where are you?

  I walked to my parents’ room, maybe they know where Yoon Mi went? Afterall, Yoon Mi always reported everything to my parents.

  That’s why they love her so much.

  As I approached, I heard voices coming behind the slightly opened ajar door. I didn’t mean to eavesdrop… but it’s kind of my nature.

  “We can’t tell her yet! She is dealing with so many changes in her life! With my sister dead, and she has to help Jung Kook deal with us, and she’s in her years when she’s madly in love with Jung Kook and I don’t want to spoil it for her!” Mom and Dad seemed to be arguing about something, someone.

  Madly in love with me? Yoon Mi?

  “Then when do you want to tell her? As early as possible, so she wouldn’t feel that we have cheated her!” Dad hissed back.

 “Whatever. She isn’t cheated. I am doing my best to be like her real parent. I am currently doing my part, giving her the love she never received from me. As her mom, I fulfilled those responsibilities.”

[A/N: I swear Jung Kook looks damn good in basic clothing. A lose, oversized tee like this always fits him so well...]