Maybe. Just maybe.

Life Changing

[Jung Kook's POV]

"Yah. Jeon Jung Kook. Go to Yoon Mi's room and ask her to come down for dinner. It is ready in a few minutes. Hurry up." Mom ordered me to.

I rolled my eyes, relunctant to lift my off the sofa. But I did in the end, trudging towards Yoon Mi's room.

The door was closed, but unlocked. I went into the room, expecting to find her asleep like a pig on her bed. However, she wasn't there. 

I was about to leave when a picture on her bedside desk caught my eye. In that picture, Yoon Mi was definitely less than 10 years old, smiling at the camera with her moon eyes and a "peace" sign. Behind her, a really beautiful lady and a good looking man embraced Yoon Mi together, both also smiling at the camera. In the background, there were giraffes minding their own business. At the bottom-right corner, someone had written "Family" in childish block letters with a permanent marker. 

I picked up the picture frame and looked at it closer. The happy family scene made me smile and soon, I was reminiscing the childhood memories I had with my parents. 

Not long after though, the picture frame was snatched out of my hands. I scowled and turned to look at the person who took it away.

It was a very pissed off Yoon Mi with tears in her eyes and lips trembling - a towel wrapped around her otherwise no clothes on body as well with wet, dishevelled hair. 

"Don't you ing dare come into my room and rummage through my personal belongings." She spat out at me, glaring with her teary eyes.

I could not respond as she was suddenly such a distraction. Never before have I seen a women with nothing on except a towel. (Not counting my mother when I was 5.) 

I could only look away, both in shame and shock.

Yoon Mi seemed to realise why I wasn't answering her and cursed at herself, rushing back to her bathroom.

Like a robot, I walked out of the room mechanically, stopping at the bathroom door remembering what I was sent here for.

"Mom... Mom said d-dinner's r-ready." I stuttered. 

Why was I stuttering?

*

[Yoon Mi's POV]

Dinner was awkward enough. Only the knocking and scraping of utensils could be heard. I looked up at Jung Kook, only to find him staring at me with curiosity in his eyes. Remembering our earlier interaction, I looked back down at my bowl of fried rice. 

Great. Now he has seen my private pictures and also, how I look like. Just great. I'm such an embarrassment.

Auntie sensed the awkward silence and tried to break up the tense atmosphere. "How was school today?" She asked, forcing a smile on her face. 

"Great." I answered. 

"Bad." Jung Kook muttered.

Our answers were both said simultaneously and Auntie's smile faded. The awkward silence returned.

*

[Jung Kook's POV]

How is school even great.

"Uncle, how's work?" Yoon Mi asked politely, trying to break the silence.

"Oh! Work was busy as usual. There was an employee..." I tuned out to Dad's long-winded response and observed Yoon Mi.

She was smiling and nodding at every word Dad said. 

Why was she so pissed earlier on?

Suddenly, Yoon Mi turned and looked at me. She caught me staring at her. I couldn't help but look elsewhere other than her. 

"Jeon Jung Kook! I'm asking you a question!" Dad boomed, scaring me. 

"What?" I retorted.

"Why was school bad?" He asked again.

"Oh. That. It was tiring I guess. Lots of drama going on that I don't like to be involved in." I answered.

From the corner of my eyes, I could see Yoon Mi's head slowly drooping down and her biting her lips.