First Day [3]

Life Changing

The bed was soft, warm and squishy. I flipped several times in it, and found a comfortable position. Pulling the blanket to up my neck, I snuggled deeper against the pillow and waited for me to drift off to DreamLand~.

The room was pretty bright as first, as I didn’t draw the curtains. But now, it seems as though the Sun has been blocked, it seemed dark now. I stretched out my right hand and fumbled for my second pillow lying abandoned somewhere floor. My fingers scraped the floor. I touched something hard.

What was that?

My fingers clasped around that somewhat circular object, it is hard, like tensed up. I tugged at it, wondering what object it is, since I’ve never seen something like this in my room before. It refused to budge.

“Wake Up.” Someone said to me. I jolted awake and perked up.

“Oh. It’s you.” I mumbled when I saw Jeon Jung Kook. Without sparing him another glance, I flipped back to my bed and buried myself under my blankets.

“I said Wake. Up.” He seemed irritated, pulling my blankets off me harshly.

“Hey!” I shouted defensively. “I’m tired okay?!” I argued.

Snatching the pillow that was under my head, I placed it over my head so that I won’t have to face Jeon Jung Kook.

“Damn YOU!” I snapped as he wrenched the pillow away from me.

“What do you want.” I shot at him.

“Mom wants us to cook dinner. She says her leg’s hurting.”

Auntie? I immediately softened in the inside. Auntie’s been so good to me, I should repay her.

Grudgingly, I stood up and trudged to the Kitchen, with Jeon Jung Kook trailing behind me.

*

“H-HOW DO I O-OFF THE F-FIRE?!” Jung Kook spluttered, choking on the smoke.

Fed up, I chuck the knife I was holding into the basin.

“You go chop the veggies. I’ll handle this.” I directed him.

He gave me the frying pan, then he went to sink and washed his eyes.

We were preparing some stir-fried vegetables and chicken for Dinner.

It was hell working with him.

*

“Jeon Jung Kook! Bring out the utensils please.” I called out to the kitchen as I laid the food on the table.

I heard the clanking of metals and seconds later, a blackened Jeon Jung Kook came out of the Kitchen.

“Dinner’s ready!” Jeon Jung Kook shouted to his parents, who were watching the Television.

Auntie and Uncle turned out, their face lit up with delight.

“How was the cooking process?” Uncle asked while chewing on the Chicken.

“It was hell working with her.” Jung Kook replied nonchalantly.

Auntie gave him a death glare and kicked him under the table.

“Ow- Wait. Mom, don’t your legs hurt?” He questioned suspiciously.

Auntie and Uncle exchange glances and they both kept quiet.

“Yah! What actually happen?” Jung Kook demanded.

“Actually…I heard from my step-sis that her daughter loves Cooking. So I wanted to let Yoon Mi have a chance to cook, and you could help out…” Auntie mumbled, almost inaudibly.

Wait…what?! So that means, I wasn’t helping Auntie out, but was actually doing what I liked?! And Jung Kook had to help me out? I know he had a hell of a time in there, since he is so… inexperienced with the Kitchen.

“Urgh. PITA Pain In The .” Jung Kook muttered.

I honestly felt sorry for him. Being dragged out to do something you hate with a stranger is … a pretty bad experience.

Silence hovered the whole house. If a pin was dropped, I bet it would have echoed through the apartment.

“So, how was school?” Auntie asked me.

I smiled at her, as today was a great day at school. “I’ve made many friends. Haha! Jung Kook’s friends are really nice towards me.”

“Really? That’s great! Jung Kook’s friends are such lovelies, I don’t understand why he isn’t like them. Did Jung Kook show you around the school?” Auntie questioned further.

Show me around the school? Uh. Well, he was trudging behind when his friends showed me around.

“Uh. Yeah. More or Less.” I replied, poking my chicken with the fork.

*

“Heaven Heaven Heaven Heaven Heaven. Never gonna be alone. So alone~” AiLee’s voice from the Television boomed out. Clutching my pillow to my chest, I prayed hard for AiLee.

“The Winner is… AI LEE!” The host of Music Bank Charts shouted.

I jumped up in joy, and gave a squeal of delight.

“Is Ai Lee your favourite Singer?” Auntie asked.

“Yeah!” I looked back at her and answered.

“Wow. In Singapore, you all listen to KPOP?” Auntie questioned.

“Oh Auntie. You don’t know how amazing it is in Singapore. KPOP, I mean. We are always fangirling about the idols! Ai Lee is really amazing! She has an amazing voice.” I plopped down onto the sofa beside Auntie and explained to her the situation of KPOP in Singapore.

“WOW. Guess KPOP is really all around the World now huh?” Auntie commented.

“Not as much as Hip Hop.” Someone from behind added on an additional comment. Both Auntie and I spun around to see who commented. Jeon Jung Kook. He smirked and rushed up the stairs into his room.

“That guy. Always into Hip Hop with his friends!” Auntie chuckled to herself.

*

Korean Characters… Although I can read and speak Korean fluently, I still get confused between certain characters. Gwi- Gweo? What is this?

It was already past 11pm, and I was still doing my Korean Homework.

Should I ask Auntie? Yeah, I guess I should. This work is to be handed up tomorrow.

I slipped out of my room, only to find the whole house in darkness. There was a slit of light coming from under Jung Kook’s door.

I guess he’s the only option now. Everyone should be sleeping.

I slowly pushed open the door and peered inside. Tip-toeing into the room, I soon see Jung Kook’s back view.

He seemed to be really absorbed in whatever he was doing. Back-crouched, desk light shining on his work and his arm was moving swiftly and deftly. I looked over his shoulder.

Woah. He was drawing, actually drawing. To be honest, he really had a talent for drawing. Unexpected.

“Hey.” I began, wanting to ask him about the work.

He jumped in shock and turned around to face me. His eyes widened and he quickly flipped his art piece around, preventing me from seeing it.

“You. Draw well…?” I said.

“What do you want?” He asked irritably.

“Sorry for disturbing you, but- ”

“Damn right you are.”

I ignored his last comment and continued “but I need help with my work.”

“PITA.” He took my paper from my hand and stared at it.

Yeah. I know I’m a PITA, but guy, you didn’t have to say it.