Best. Fishcakes. Ever.

Life Changing

  I am probably going to remember this fishcake for life…

~_*_~

  “Yoon Mi? You have something on your lips. Do you want me to get rid of it?” Jung Kook stated while smirking at me.

  Oh, I’ve definitely read too much books to know this trick.

  “Jeon Jung Kook. Are you so desperate to kiss me?” I laughed, cocking my head sideways.

  Jung Kook looks unabashed though, his smirk just grew wider.

  “No, but I’m serious, you really have something on your lips.”

  “Psh. Fine. I’ll take care of it myself. Here, hold my cup.” I passed him my precious cup of fishcakes while I dug my drawstring bag for a piece of tissue paper.

  With that white, thin, silky piece of tissue paper, I swiped it across my lips. However, there was nothing there.

  “You lied!” I exclaimed.

  “You’re stupid.”

  He took out one fish cake from my cup and placed it in front of me, suggesting that he wants me to eat it.

  How could I resist fishcakes, my mouth followed that fishcake.

  Before I knew it, I was sharing that fishcake with him.

  Jung Kook used his teeth to bite that fishcake into half and suddenly pulled away, leaving me stunned.

  What followed next was even more unpredictable.

  He knelt to the ground and pulled a ring [may I add that it is made from wires] and said “Yoon Mi. You’re honestly a really special girl. I may have hated you from the start, I may have caused you so much harm. However, you never failed to forgive me, and make me happy again. At first, I thought what I felt was pity for you, but during that day in the park, when you broke down, I realized that what I felt was not just pity. It was Liking. When I found out that I may not be related to you, what came to my mind first was not anger at my parents, but elation that we could actually be a couple. So, will you be my girlfriend?”

  At that moment, my hands were sweating, heart was palpitating so much I was sure it was going to jump out of my mouth anytime soon. My hands were shaking, and my eyes were as wide as those of a goldfish.

  I couldn’t believe what I was hearing.

  Was that a confession? I knew he liked me, and I like him. We both said we could try being together, but being official? That was another thing.

  By then, a circle of people had already formed around us. They were clapping their hands and chanting “Say Yes! Say Yes! Say Yes!”, as though it was a marriage proposal.

  I didn’t need any hinting from them.

  I knelt to the ground as well, saying “Don’t do it.”

  The crowd fell silent, Jung Kook looked like he has been kicked in the gut.

  He was about to stand up, when I grabbed his face and brought it closer to me, covering his mouth with my lips.

  Yes I kissed him.

  That warm, passionate feeling rushed through my body again. I will never ever be tired of kissing him.

  Reluctantly, I pulled away. His stunned face made it hard for me to remain a straight face.

  “You don’t get the chance to kiss me first. I did it. But Yes, I will be your girlfriend. Your PITA.” My grin was so wide that my lips were probably going to split apart, but I don’t care.

  The crowd cheered, clapping enthusiastically. Looking around, I realized that there are some couples who were hugging each other or kissing each other.

  They are probably touched and motivated by us.

  Out of a sudden, I heard a shout from the circle around us.

  “Lee Eun Se! Will you by my girlfriend?” A stranger knelt to the ground as well, looking up at a girl whom I assume it’s ‘Eun Se’.

  Eun Se eyes brimmed with tears, and she nodded her head furiously.

  “YES I WILL!” She screamed to the sky.

  Now, Jung Kook and I joined the circle and clapped for Eun Se and her boyfriend.

  We turned around the both look at each other, and smiled.

~_*_~

  When we got back to the house, Jung Kook stared at me nervously.

  “It’s okay, you can do it.” I patted his hand, which was entwined with mine.

  “Can you promise that you will be by my side the whole time? I need you girl.”

  I nodded my head.

  I noticed that his hands were shaking as he unlocked the doors. To give him encouragement, I squeezed his hand.

  “Mom. Dad” Jung Kook acknowledged both of his parents.

  Upon hearing noises, both of them turned to look at us.

  Uncle’s arm was around Auntie’s shoulders, both of their eyes zoomed in onto our hands and widened.

  Jung Kook lead us to sit on the sofa 90o degrees facing Auntie and Uncle.

  “Mom, Dad. I love you. You all are my parents. I know the news of my birth now, and I don’t resent you. In fact, I appreciate how you guys have cared for me all these years now. Don’t worry, I won’t leave you. No matter what my surname is, you guys will always be my parents. I… I love you.” Jung Kook’s voice broke, and a teardrop that originated from his eye fell onto my hand, which was with his and placed on his lap.

  Unknowingly, tears welled up in my eyes as well.

  Fate brought two orphans together.

  Auntie broke down, sobbing into Uncle’s chest she reached out her hand for Jung Kook.

  Jung Kook gently pried open our entwined hands, and left our sofa and knelt at the bottom of their Sofa. He clasped his hand around Auntie’s hand.

  “Jung Kook.” Uncle’s voice broke as well. That meant a lot. “We will always love you. We adopted you a week after your parents’ unfortunate incident, at that time, you were in the hospital. The doctor told us that the trauma caused you to have memory loss. We thought that it was all for the better, maybe with this, you could accept us more openly. We fed you lies that you fell down the stairs, which caused you to be in the hospital and have amnesia. You didn’t question us. How could you? You were so young then. You… just accepted us like that. Soon, you forgot all about you being in the hospital. You were, no, you are our boy. We fed you, clothed you, brought you up like you were our own flesh and blood. We didn’t want to tell you. How could we? Sometimes, I even forget the fact that you are adopted. We love you too much to hurt you, or maybe hurt us, with the truth. … Jung Kook. You will always be our boy. We love you.”

  The three of them leaned on each other in silence, embracing each other and appreciating each other’s company.

  My heart broke just looking at them.

  After a few minutes, Jung Kook stood up suddenly and walked towards me, holding my hand again firmly.

  “Mom, Dad. I have something to tell you.”

  Both of his parents dabbed their eyes with tissues and listened to him.

  Jung Kook told a deep breath.

“I really like Yoon Mi. We are together now.”

 

[A/N: *FANGIRLS* I may be putting pics now!]