Dumb Dumb.

Life Changing

[Yoon Mi’s POV]

  Seated opposite me, was a teary-faced Eun Ji. I told her all I heard at the café, and immediately, she started bawling out.

  “Such… Such close friendship!” She let out between sobs.

  Her ice cream was melting but she didn’t seem to care. In fact, she had already requested for a cup before hand and placed her cone into it. That way, she can still drink that ice cream, no matter how disgusting it sounds.

  That’s my friend, Eun Ji.

  Meanwhile, I was devouring my cone with the and turn method, as though I am shaping pottery.

  I wonder what Jung Kook and Nam Joon are doing right now…

~_*_~

[Jung Kook’s POV]

  She deserves to know, doesn’t she? Rage, anger and confusion tore me open as I struggled to grasp what was happening.

  Who’s whose child? Who’s whose parent? What the is going on?

  Before I knew it, I kicked the door open.

  Mom and Dad wore a shocked look on their face, pure surprise was written on it.

  “Jung Kook ah… Wh..What do you need?” Mom stuttered, obviously worried that I heard it all.

  And I did.

  “What’s the meaning of this?” I demanded.

  “Nothing… Are you hungry?” Mom tried a different tactic. I switched gaze to Dad, the one who always told me the truth no matter how hard it was, the one who supported telling the truth.

  “Actually…” Dad started, but Mom muted him with her own mouth.

  “You don’t want to know Jung Kook. Just.. stop.. we’ll tell you when the time is–”

  “When the time is right? And when is that? Who decides it? You? 100 years later?” I retorted.

  Dad spilled it. 

  With this new load of information, should I tell Yoon Mi? Or keep it hidden and protect her from the emotional damage?

~_*_~

[Yoon Mi’s POV]

  I tiptoed quietly into my room, hoping that Jung Kook wouldn’t have known it was me eavesdropping during his session at the café. Successfully, I managed to dodge everyone and close the door of my room.

  Where was everyone anyway? No one’s in the kitchen nor the living room.

  “Dumb Dumb Dumb Dumb Dumb Dumb, Dumb Dumb Dumb Dumb Dumb Dumb…” I started singing as though I was in the shower karaoke mood.

  I started rocking my body to my singing and banging my head up and down, jamming to the imagine “Dumb Dumb” song of Red Velvet in my head.

  “Yeah, you dumb dumb.” A low voice suddenly appeared.

  I stopped in my tracks. “Who are you?”

  “Your bae. On your bed.” I turned around slowly, and noticed Jung Kook using his phone nonchalantly while teasing me.

  My face immediately blushed red. He heard me singing?!

  “Were you recording?!” I reached out to grab his phone out from his hand.

  However, he held it high above his hand, away from my grasp. No matter how many times I jumped, that guy was just too freaking darn tall, I can’t even brush the tips of my fingers against his phone.

  “Don’t think so highly of yourself, I was just merely using my phone.” He whispered softly into my ear, biting my ear lobe.

  I pushed him away and landed softly on my bed.

  “Why are you here?” I questioned him, studying my fingernails.

  “Nothing.” Weird, Jung Kook actually stuttered?

  “You think I’m dumb? I know when you want something.” I smiled mischievously.

  However, his face did not change at all, it did not even twitch into something that resembled a smile. It was just stoic, like someone froze him in his serious mood.

  Something’s up.