Was that even an apology

Life Changing

[Jung Kook's POV]

  "Have I offended her greatly? I mean, I wouldn't like it either it someone looks through my stuff... right? Should I.. uh... apologize?" I mumbled into the phone, ruffling my hair in frustration.

  "Yah. It's damn rude, Jung Kook. It is not right to just look through someone's private stuff. Anyway, what did you look at?" Nam Joon replied me. I could hear crispy, chewing sounds in the background.

  "Uh Okay. Um... You can ask her. That's if, she wants to tell you."

  "Obviously she'll tell me. I am like, her male BFF."

  "Stop dreaming, Nam Joon."

  "I'm not~. It's reality~~~"

  "Do you like her? Hahaha!"

  "Uh. YES MOM I'LL BE RIGHT THERE! I gotta go. Bye Jung Kook." and just like that, Nam Joon evaded my question.

  What should I do to apologize to Yoon Mi? Maybe cook some food? Then I'll say sorry? It's 9pm at night now. She's probably studying and needs food.

  I made my way down to the Kitchen and opened the food cupboards.

  Tomato Sauce... Eggs... Olive Oil...Coconut milk... vineg what's that thing?

  My eyes swept through the whole cabinet and I just found one, JUST ONE (day... geddit?) food that I could cook - Instant noodles. Even boiling the water might be a challenge for me... Why am I even doing this... So much trouble just to apologize...

  Using a measuring cup, I measured 500ml of water precisely and poured into the pot. It probably took me 3 minutes to do that. Now... how to turn on the fire? 

  I twisted the knob, but there was no fire. Only the smell of gas. Immediately, I turned it off, shocked from the thought of knowing that I could have died just to cook for Yoon Mi. I tried what I often saw my mom doing - turn the knob and press it down. 

  Click! A fire boomed out from one of the stove. I jumped back in surprise and accidentally bumped into the pot filled with water, splashing water out.

  "What are you doing?" A voice said.

  I turned around and was speechless. Shin...Yoon...Mi? I couldn't gulp down my saliva and just stared at her.

  "Um... Nothing...?" I stuttered. She rolled her eyes at me, poured herself a glass of water and walked away.

  "No wait! Actually... I was cooking... to apologize... for what happened in the evening..." I spurted out even before my mind could register what I just said.

  As she turned around, she combed her hair backwards so as to get the hair out of her face. "Nice job of doing that then. Need me to help?"

  Huh? If she does that, doesn't that mean that she's the one preparing the food for her apology? 

  Yoon Mi walked with confidence to the stove. I stepped aside to let her cook the instant noodles and sat down at the kitchen table. 

*

  Food was served. The aroma of instant noodles filled the kitchen. My stomach growled and Yoon Mi smirked at that.

  "You're welcome." She said. I didn't even say Thanks...

  That girl took the seat opposite me and started tucking in into her bowl of noodles. I didn't know what to do, so I just stared at her. She looked up at saw that my food was untouched. After giving me a frown, it seemed like she couldn't be bothered and just wolfed down her food again.

  "I just... Thanks-" I tried to say, but she cut me off.  "It's okay. I know."

  "Sorry for looking through your stuff."

  "It's not your fault. I didn't keep it properly."

  "But still..."

  "I'm done eating. Help me wash my bowl after you finish eating - if you are sincere in your apology. Thanks." Just like that, she went back into her room.

  With a sigh, I started eating.