Eggs and Tissue

Life Changing

[Yoon Mi’s POV]

  Shake… Shake… Shake…

  “Go away…” I muttered.

  Shake… Shake…

  IS THAT AN EARTHQUAKE?

  I jolted up awake, frantically trying to get under my table.

  “Shin Yoon Mi… What are you doing?” A stern voice made me stop in my tracks and I peered up at the teacher while kneeling on the floor.

  “Hiding?” I squeaked.

  “What?!” Mrs Huang screeched.

  Eun Ji jerked me up by my arm and plonked my down back on my seat.

  “What are you doing?” She hissed softly at me.

  “Earthquake!” I exclaimed.

  The whole class rang in laughter. Realizing that I was too loud, I hide my red face in my hands.

  “Yoon Mi, an earthquake would cause more disaster than a school alarm would.” Mrs Huang stated while rolling her eyes, making me bury my face even deeper into my hands, if that was possible.

  While the class settled down from my embarrassing moment, I saw from the corner of my eyes Eun Ji smiling slyly at me.

  “What?” I questioned.

  “Someone’s happy today, I see.” Eun Ji smirked.

  “…?” I raised one eyebrow at her.

  Eun Ji sighed, shaking her head and patted my head.

  “Yoon Mi ah… While you were napping just now, I happened to hear you sleep-talk.”

  “Something… about someone kissing you?” Eun Ji furrowed her eyebrows, trying to remember what I said.

  I said… something?

  I gulped down my saliva and reached out for my water bottle.

  “What were you dreaming?” Eun Ji asked me.

  “Nothing?” I lied.

  “And I thought we were best friends…” Eun Ji shook her head again, making me feel guilty inside.

  “Yah… I’ll treat you to ice cream later.” I tried to pacify her.

  Upon hearing that, Eun Ji perked up and nodded her head enthusiastically.

~_*_~

  Ring…

  Finally! Lunch time! My stomach grumbled and Eun Ji guffawed at it.

  “Stop it…” I muttered, rising up from my seat and grabbed my wallet, stuffing in into the uniform’s skirt pocket.

  “Yoon Mi! Eun Ji! Let’s go!” Nam Joon appeared from behind our class door, and swiftly disappeared again.

  As Eun Ji and I walked out of the class, I felt stares and fingers burning a hole in the back of my head. It’s been what, how many weeks since I entered, and people still can’t deal that I transferred here? Psh.

  “Eun Ji. Why are you even hanging out with someone so scandalous, someone who doesn’t know her place?” A voice called out.

  Someone? Me? Were they talking about me? What happene – something lightly broke against my skull. Something wet flowed down my face, dampening my hair. Something foul-smelling was thrown at me.

  I looked up at my locker. There were words written there. “. . Go back to your country. Leave him alone. Scandalous. Seduced cousin.” These phrases were painted in hot pink and bright red, no one would have missed it.

  Seduced cousin…

  “Such a oh. Someone saw you. And Jung Kook. Eating fishcakes. Together. How many preys do you intend to have huh? Shin. Yoon. Mi.” A shrill, high-pitched voice that was unmistakably of Ran Na spat out. Ran Na walked towards me slowly, with everyone else parting like the Red Sea.

  Looks like Ran Na had built her own gang of followers after Lee In. Several minions of hers held egg cartons in their hands, ready to aim it at me.

  As Ran Na approached me, people around me backed down, leaving me and Eun Ji helpless.

  “Preys? I don’t prey on anybody Ran Na. You’re… mistaken…” I stuttered, broken phrases coming out of my mouth due to fear and shock.

  “What about Nam Joon huh?” She studied her hot pink nails.

  “Or are you stupid to not notice his puppy eyes around you?” Her shoes made loud clacking sounds against the marbled floor.

  “He’s fallen head over heels for you.”

  Nam Joon?!

  “You . You deserve this.” Ran Na raised her hand, and brought it down.

  Eun Ji gave a little gasp beside me, but the slap never came.

  I peeked open my eyes a little. Ran Na was glaring angrily at something that was behind me. Her wrist was held tight by someone’s carpenter-like hands. Her whole arm was vibrating, resisting against the force of someone.

  “You better get lost. ing .” His voice was vibrating, as though he was speaking through clenched teeth and held in anger.

  Ran Na’s glares turned to a weak stare.

  And on that hand, I noticed that ring made from wires. That ring that Jung Kook had produced.

~_*_~

  Eun Ji had been the innocent victim of this "fight", she got rotten raw eggs thrown at her too. I'm sorry...

  While Jung Kook was busy giving Ran Na death threats, someone had pulled Eun Ji away, and she followed obediently. Whoever that is, take care of Eun Ji.

  The birds chirped, and pigeons in the school field were flocking away as someone ran towards them.

  That someone turned out to be Jung Kook, who was rushing to me with a huge roll of tissue paper in his hands.

  "Yah... Aish, this mess and you can still look pretty." He tried to get the eggs off me.

  "It's okay. I love baking. Eggs could give me a facial, you know?" I replied with sarcasm, corners of my lips lifting a little. 

  "OUCH! You know what, I'll wipe them off myself!" I snapped when Jung Kook tugged on my hair too hard for the millionth time. He chuckled and threw me the roll of tissue paper. 

  Gently, he reached out to touch my forehead. "Does it hurt?" His eyes spelled concern, it was written all over his face. I shook my head.

  "Alright, it's enough. You look brand new now." He clasped my hand and pulled it away from my forehead. The tissue paper rolled away from my fingers as well. With my hand opened, he started playing with my fingers.

  "You know. Since the school now knows... I think it's better if we come clean about our family... I don't want to see you hurting like this anymore. I'm so sorry, Yoon Mi."

  "But - " Jung Kook hushed me up with a kiss again.

  Soft, smooth, like a marshmallow. 

[A/N: "RUN" just came out! Gosh. I'm so confused by Jung Kook is bae there. The end of the mv though... what does it mean? Also, Suga and V 'copied' my hair, I dip-dyed it green and now it's Suga's shade of green. HAHAHA.]