It's inappropriate.

Life Changing

  He cupped my face and brought me closer to him. My eyelids fluttered as I got so close so that I could see his beautiful eyelashes.

  “Hey.” He whispered. The way he looked at me got my heart all racing. “Hey.” I whispered back, biting my lips nervously while I let out a smile.

  Then, he leaned in for a kiss.

*

  “Wake up.” Someone shook me lightly.

  I stirred as I opened my eyes. But by the time I fully opened my eyes, all I saw was a silhouette rushing out of my room.

  What the… What did I just dream?

  Sighing at my weirdness since the day before, I pushed myself out of bed and started preparing for the day – you know, the usual stuff.

  Everything was normal until I bumped into him at the stairs.

  “Sorry for that.” I muttered and walked away as briskly as possible.

  “No, wait!” Jung Kook called out after me. But I ignored him.

  What did he want? Did he… find out about my dream? WAS I SLEEP-TALKING, OR EVEN MAKING THE ACTION OF… THAT?

*

  At school, I dropped down on the seat beside Eun Ji and buried my face in my arms.

  “Hey. You’re early.” Eun Ji chirped as she flipped through a book.

  “Yeah.” More like, wanting to avoid someone and just rushed here.

  “You know… are the bad girls still bothering you?” I asked.

  “Bad girls?” Eun Ji furrowed her eyebrows. “Oh. Them? Nah. Thanks for the help Yoon Mi ah! Jung Kook too! Did you give Jung Kook the present?”

  “Present? Oh um. Ya.” I remembered the really awkward incident and felt like killing myself then.

  Out of a sudden, a shadow loomed over me, blocking the sunlight from the window. Before I could even turn my head, someone cupped my eyes and prevented me from doing so.

  “Guess who I am~” A really unmistakable voice sung. Haha. That deep, low, kind of y voice could only belong to someone - Nam Joon.

  “What la. Did you bring any food today?” I asked him. Nam Joon is like, my official food giver.

  “Did you befriend me just for food.” He sighed, releasing his hands on my face. I turned around laughing at his kind of dejected face.

  “Mmhm.” I nodded my head in a really serious way.

  Nam Joon rolled his eyes and fished out something – a box of yummy yummy biscuits. Then he threw it to me and I caught it.

  “Thanks!” I laughed, waving that box at him.

  He gave me a lopsided smile and went back to his own classroom.

  All the time, girls were glaring daggers at me. And once he left me, they started flanking him.

*

  “Ew. You like wasabi? Gross.” Tae Hyung disagreed with Ji Min’s love for Wasabi.

  7 of us nodded – Jung Kook, Nam Joon, Yoon Gi, Seok Jin, Ho Seok, Eun ji and I.

  “Whatever. You guys are lame-o’s.” Ji Min rolled his eyes at us.

  “OMG Guys. Did you know what I just read on the news today? There was this pair of cousins who married each other out of love. That’s … weird don’t you think?” Ho Seok suddenly cut in.

  A chorus of “Ew.” And “That’s disgusting” revolved around the table.

  Immediately, I sense Jung Kook, who happened to sit beside me out of my pure unluckiness, tensing up.

  That memory of us in the park made me feel weird that they are talking about this topic. I can’t stand another moment with Jeon Jung Kook.

  “I gotta go to the washroom.” With that, I excused myself out of that situation and walked to the direction of the library – where it was the direction of the washroom as well.

  Seconds later, I heard someone stood up and said “I need to go get some food.”.

  . It was Jeon Jung Kook.

  I don’t want to face him.

  I quickened my pace.

*

  I went into the library and brisk walked to the Non-fiction section, hoping he wouldn’t find me there.

  “Why are you avoiding me?”

  Oh … Oh .

  “I’m not.” I muttered. Picking up a random book from the bookshelves, I proceeded to the check-out counter.

  He grasped my hand really tightly and tugged me back. The book flew out of my hands then.

  I’m pretty sure my heart is going to jump out soon, if he doesn’t let go of me.

  Why am I like this?

  “Stop avoiding me.” He requested.

  “And how? After yesterday at the park? How?” I hissed harshly.

  He genuinely looked hurt. I’m the one who brought inconvenience to his life and now I’m the one asking him to go away? Shouldn’t it be him to ask me instead?

  “I’m sorry.. I really am. I didn’t mean to. I just…” I faded away.

  “Just what huh?” He spat. Now he seemed angry. Why?

  “I don’t know okay! I’m your cousin and all. Not even real cousin, but step cousin! But why did you… you kissed me yesterday and what I felt should not be that way! I… It isn’t appropriate! I cannot… I can’t feel…” I burst out, and suddenly, tears were streaming down my face as I stomped out of the library.

  Why did I cry? Was it because I had no one to lean on? What did I say to him…


[A/N: OMG GUYS I'M HAVING SERIOUS JUNG KOOK FEELS NOW.]