Chapter 45

Bite the bullet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 45

"Ravi-hyung's not coming?" Sanghyuk asked the moment that he noticed that Hongbin was by himself. When he remembered about the story about Wonsik getting grounded, he had beaten Hongbin to it and said, "Ah... He's still not allowed to go out, huh? For how long is he going to be grounded for anyway?"

"Hello to you too," Hongbin greeted him sarcastically. "And yeah, Ravi is still grounded. I don't know how long it will be for. My mother will probably be kinder to him. She just wants him to do well and for me to be a good model for him." He sighed, his head hanging low. "He might get out of it sometime this coming week though..."

"But N-hyung might already be gone by then..." Sanghyuk murmured wistfully. However, he just as easily bounced back from it and said, "We can always just invite him over at your house later anyway!"

Hongbin nodded, his dimpled smile finally making its appearance. "That's what I thought."

"Oh by the way, I already saw N-hyung at the sweet shop. Didn't really see Leo-hyung so he might just be running a bit late or something? Anyway..." Sanghyuk gave his hyung's shoulder a pat. "Could you go on ahead without me? I just need to get something really quick!"

"But –" Hongbin stopped himself from speaking any further as he watched Sanghyuk run the opposite way that he came from. 'What could he possibly have forgotten?' Hongbin thought but immediately dismissed it as the idea of being alone with N occupied his mind. He did not really know what he could talk about with him especially since it had been too long since he last spoke to him properly. Hongbin just hoped that Leo would already be there when he arrives at the sweet shop.

He sighed and stood on the same spot for a while, contemplating on whether he should wait for Sanghyuk to come back or if he should actually go to the sweet shop all by himself. 'To go or not to go... Hyuk might take some time and N-hyung will get bored...' Hongbin shook his head. 'Might as well...'

However, once he reached the sweet shop, he just stood by door, again pondering about whether his decision was the better option. When a lady that was just leaving the shop noticed him and asked if he was going to go inside, Hongbin apologised to her and thanked her right after as she had opened the door for him. The woman smiled back at him and she was off with what seemed to be a box of cake that she just bought off of the sweet shop. Hongbin then immediately spotted N all by himself right at the very back of the shop where there were less people – 'Leo-hyung's not here...?' Hongbin thought as he got closer and closer to where the table was and still saw no sign of Leo anywhere.

"Hyung," Hongbin spoke up as soon as he reached him, "You're by yourself? Leo-hyung's not with you?"

N lifted his head, nervously chuckling. "No, he isn't with me. I'll talk about it when Hyukkie is here..." He said to him after he took note that Hongbin was alone. "Have a seat, Hongbin-ah..."

Hongbin nodded his head and quietly sat at the seat opposite N, his eyes not leaving him for a second. There was something off and even with the issue about Sanghyuk when they last met, Hongbin was positive that N was in high spirits back then. Taking into account the fact that N just mentioned discussing about Leo's absence when Sanghyuk arrives, Hongbin could only deduce that something must have happened. That was when his own problem arose again – What exactly would he talk to N about? Should he ask him about how he was? How he had been? Should he mention Seohyun to him at all? Or should he talk about Sanghyuk? Should he apologise for all that he had done? Or for the way he acted? Hongbin sat there for a long good minute, chewing on his lip, until N spoke up, beaming at him, "How have you been? We haven't really talked much the last time, have we? Are you feeling any better now?"

'I could ask you those questions,' Hongbin thought, but did not say it out loud. Instead, he tried to return the smile and said, "I'm alright... I don't... I don't really have anything to talk about... And you know about Hyuk already so..."

"I see," N whispered before he wiped his lips with a napkin. Hongbin noticed that he did not even touch the food in front of him and that he did not have a drink either. "It's okay. And ah, if you want something, do tell me so I can get it for you." He turned his body slightly to point at where the till was. "You could look at what they are serving today over there, from where you came in from." N fixed his body back to facing Hongbin, "It will be my treat."

Hongbin almost snickered and , 'You never treated me to anything before. You were so cheap!' But ended up not doing so. Even he could read the atmosphere and could tell that it was not an appropriate moment to be snarky. "Thanks," he briefly said, standing up from his seat and doing exactly what N said – choosing something off of the menu or at least, pretending to. Hongbin excused himself and N simply smiled at him – 'You're still lying, I see...' The words just came to his mind and he shook his head to get rid of them. After all, he, himself, would also wear his famous dimpled smiles just to earn himself a good reputation and hide away how he is almost always anxious. Shaking his head, Hongbin looked up at the menu to check what the shop was serving. There were also cakes and various sweets displayed just before the till and he could not help but feel like there was just too much to choose from. Letting out another sigh, Hongbin scanned the display once again –

"Oh hyung!" Sanghyuk's voice made him look behind him, where the door was. The latter was panting and still trying to catch his breath. Nonetheless, Sanghyuk was wearing his bright smile. "What are you doing here? Ordering?"

Hongbin observed him first and noticed the plastic bag on Sanghyuk's arm right away. "No, just checking what they have today. N-hyung said that it'd be his treat." He chortled finally, "I can't believe that he said that though." Hongbin wanted to ask about the contents of the bag but he figured that he would find out sooner or later anyway.

"I see! I'll go ask him first and join you. Give me a minute..." Sanghyuk moved past him and went to find N at his seat by the window. Hongbin watched them from where he was standing and he saw the answer to his question straightaway – Sanghyuk took out a banana milk from inside the plastic bag and gave it to N. The latter's face immediately lit up, however, it had only been for a little while. Hongbin felt himself smiling at the sight until an employee by the till asked him if he was going to order something. He smiled at her and bowed his head slightly. "Please give me a minute," he told her and quietly returned to where N and Sanghyuk were.

 

 

In the end, N did end up paying for their food whilst all he drank was the banana milk that Sanghyuk got for him. All of the conversations that they have had ever since the three of them had settled down

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter