Chapter 11

Bite the bullet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 11

"Hongbin-hyung! I've got great news!" Sanghyuk exclaimed, jumping up and down as he tugged at the Hongbin's sleeve. It was a Monday again, and it had been days since Hongbin heard anything about N. Not even Leo had spoken about him – But now that Hongbin thought about it, he had not seen Leo in the school grounds for days too – "Hyung! Listen!" Sanghyuk drew Hongbin's attention back to him with a shake on his arm.

"H-Huh?" Hongbin said, breaking out of trance, "What is it?"

"Remember when I told you that I would be getting my exam results? Well, I received them today! And guess what? Guess what!" While Sanghyuk kept insisting that Hongbin should guess his results, somehow, for some reason, the younger's enthusiasm was making Hongbin uncomfortable. He did not understand what the feeling was, but if possible, he would prefer to hear what the news was later – or not at all. "I'll tell you anyway since you look like you're distracted and need some great news! Do you know that school at the border of this town? Right at northwest?"

Hongbin paused for a moment, thinking if he had heard about a school at northwest as Sanghyuk said. When it finally dawned to him, his eyes widened, and so, he demanded, "Did you get accepted? Why did you apply there?" He grabbed Sanghyuk's shoulders and shook him as he spoke, "I thought you said that you were interested in studying at my school so why –"

"I didn't want to bother you, hyung!" Sanghyuk reasoned out immediately, "I've seen how upset you were when N-hyung first introduced me to you so I thought, hmmmm... I should just change my school choices. And since that school is just as prestigious as your school, my parents thought that I should go there instead. Besides, it's bigger! And everyone in there seemed so nice!" He said, hands clasped together as he tried to recall every detail he could about the school. "But I'm glad that I've met you and Leo-hyung. Maybe you guys can visit my house someday since that school is a bit far..." Sanghyuk slowly quieted down when Hongbin had not spoken another word after his explanation. He held a hand up in front of the latter's face, who seemed to be dazed, and moved it up and down. "Hyung? You're happy for me right? I don't need to take the exams in your school anymore! And I think that N-hyung would be so proud of me since he dreamt of going to that school too!"

Hongbin just blinked. His mouth had gone dry, and he did not know what he was meant to say in return. Before Leo came to study at his school, he had always been alone. N would occasionally visit his school, but he considered him more of a nuisance than a friend. It was also because of N that he met Sanghyuk; the younger boy made him look forward for each day simply because of his smiles and enthusiasm, and – "If you're not going to say anything, then I'll be saying my farewell now," Sanghyuk said, chuckling, "My sister is going to pick me up earlier than usual. I don't know why, but it must be a surprise!"

"You can't," Hongbin said softly, grabbing Sanghyuk's wrist to stop him from packing his things. "You said that you liked my school, so why did you apply there? Why do you want to go there instead? Why –"

"What's gotten into you, hyung?" Sanghyuk asked, his smiling face slowly disappearing – "Oh wait! That's my sister!" He pointed behind Hongbin, and he also waved his hand.

Hongbin turned around to search for Sanghyuk's sister, but he did not see anyone that seemed to look like Sanghyuk. The problem, however, was that he was searching so far ahead that he missed the fact that Sanghyuk's sister was actually wearing extravagant clothes contrary to what Hongbin initially thought she would be. Hongbin released Sanghyuk's wrist and stared at the beautiful woman that his friend went over to greet. He watched as she ruffled her brother's hair and pecked his cheek. Millions of questions were beginning to occupy Hongbin's head since he always thought that Sanghyuk was of a lower class than him. And so, he was surprised to find out that they were of the same class – or perhaps Sanghyuk's class was even higher than his –

"Noona, this is Hongbin-hyung. I always tell you about him!" Sanghyuk said, dragging Hongbin by his sleeve to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter