Chapter 39

Bite the bullet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 39

"Everyone is leaving me..." Jaehwan whispered to himself dejectedly. "What is going oooooon...?" He whined. But no matter how many messages he had sent or no matter how long he waited, his text mate no longer responded to him. Jaehwan liked to believe that they were tight because of how long they have already been sending messages to one another and the fact that their first exchange was a hilarious, unforgettable one. The idol still vividly remembered what his first message to him contained: 'Eomma! Thank you so much for the phone ~>< I really like it! ^^' to which his text mate replied with, 'I'm happy that you like it, son!' a minute after.

He only found out that it was another person that he texted when he went home and told his mother about the message that she did not even receive. Jaehwan then told himself not to text the creepy stranger anymore after finding out. Only that his curiosity got the better of him: What kind of stranger would even reply as if he was his mother and not admit, 'you got the wrong number' like a normal person? Jaehwan did not really understand so he wrote to the stranger again and asked him why he answered the text message intended for his mother.

He found himself surprised with the reply that he received only minutes later, 'I was having a bad day and I didn't want to ruin yours if you find out that you sent your message to the wrong person.' Jaehwan snickered right after and it never fails to make him smile recalling that message. Because if anything, he did not feel disappointed at all – but that was probably due to the stranger's heartwarming reply.

But now, with his text mate no longer answering him, he felt as if he had lost an important person in his life. "As if being rejected isn't enough..." Jaehwan grumbled and buried his face in his arms. "N-hyung came here for me and he is always with Leo-hyung... I don't think I could even take him to a date anymore..."

Jaehwan hit his head on the wooden surface of the dressing table in the hopes that someone would come and take away the empty feeling that he was currently feeling. It was not even that he was sad; he simply felt as if there was a void that N and his text mate left. He was so exhausted and it was only his work that kept him distracted for a while. "Why...? Why does it have to be you...?" Jaehwan whispered wistfully as he opened up his phone. He easily located that one photograph of him and N in his gallery and stared at the latter's face for a good while. Never mind how Jaehwan did not have any make up in the photo or how ridiculous the faces they made when they took it. For Jaehwan, it was more than enough to cheer him up. "Hyungie... Why are you so cute...?" The idol pinched the screen to zoom in on N's face and he sighed. "Why did you make me like this...? Do you know that I miss you already...?" He zoomed the photo out when all of a sudden his phone rang. Jaehwan nearly knocked out his chair when he jumped at the surprise call from the very person that he was just thinking of. He answered it in the speed of light and for a second, he forgot how to breathe. "H-Hyung?" Jaehwan spluttered.

"Ken~" N greeted him. He sounded so happy that Jaehwan swore that his heart was going to swell if N kept it up. "Are you busy right now? I just wanted to know if you're doing fine. Have you eaten?"

"I... I haven't," The idol managed to say. He suddenly was uneasy, fumbling with the make up on the dresser table in his poor attempts to get himself to calm down or distracted.

"Is your schedule really packed or do you just miss my food?" N teased and his cute soft giggles followed right after. Jaehwan covered the speaker of his phone to get his breathing to calm. Otherwise, N would suspect that something was up or worse, N would be worried about him and that was the last thing that he wanted.

"Yeah... I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter