Chapter 3

Bite the bullet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 3

Leo's mother was completely against moving back to Korea. She argued that it was only recently that she managed to adapt to America so she downright declined when she was asked. Even if the reason was because of her only son's health, she did not really give too much care as she knew that her husband would not leave Leo all by himself. The two youngest daughters of the Jung family begged to come along with their 'favourite' brother (but in reality, they only really wanted to reunite with their friends in Korea) and their wishes were granted easily. It was not that Leo minded anyway; his left leg was paralysed because of his soccer game accident, so he did not really have a say on his family's decision.

When they arrived back in Korea, Leo was taken to the hospital first so a Korean doctor could check up on him. With a smile, the doctor informed Leo that he would most certainly be fine and would be able to walk again after a week or two without the need of support. And once the casts were taken off of Leo in the two weeks that the doctor told him, his father immediately enrolled him to a school. It was not entirely random as Leo noticed how prestigious the school was just by looking at its tall golden gates. He wanted to protest about his parents' decision, yet he knew too that it would be futile. Given that his father was making him take entrance exams, Leo thought that that was all of his mother's orders. His father would have been more approving of his choice of going to an average school if his mother did not interfere and influence his father's decisions.

Rolling his eyes, Leo sat down on one of the chairs that were in the reception area. He crossed his legs and waited to be escorted by his so-called 'guide.' He was 15 minutes too early, so he had plenty of time to waste by staring at the clock until it strikes 8. Leo blamed his older sisters for being too excited over nothing. 'Go find me a boyfriend, okay, Taekwoonie?' One of them said. And then, his other sister heard about it so she seconded what the former said.

'I came here to study...' Leo told them with a frown but they only ignored him, repeated their request and added on, 'With a cherry on top~? Find us handsome and smart boys, okay?' After that, he was left all alone by himself to wait for the time to pass and for his 'guide' to arrive –

"You must be Jung Taekwoon."

Leo peeled his gaze away from the giant clock across the room and his eyes landed first on the person's face – dimples. "Taekwoon-hyung," The boy corrected himself instantly. "Is it okay for me to address you like that?" He asked, his smile unfaltering. Leo just nodded at him, unable to find the appropriate words to reply to the boy. "

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter