Chapter 21

Bite the bullet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 21

"Hey, Binnie~" Wonsik spoke up all of a sudden. He had put aside his huge headphones and as well as his laptop covered with his favourite bands' stickers. His brother flinched when he heard Wonsik's voice and turned to look at him. Hongbin was confused and still little bit dazed. "What are you thinking of?" Wonsik asked, getting up from his seat to sit down next to him on the bed.

"Nothing... I'm just bored," Hongbin grumbled, kicking his feet quicker than he did before his brother interrupted him and his thoughts. "I don't know why I feel bored and I'm thinking about when I started to feel this bored. It's like... I can't do anything..." He rolled over on the mattress so that he was lying on his back, staring at the ceiling. "I've forgotten what I used to do... When I wasn't feeling bored. Do you think I'm sick? I've been hearing about depression a lot these days, Wonsik. And I'm starting to get worried about my wellbeing. Why –"

Wonsik burst out laughing, intercepting Hongbin's speech about depression. "You're not depressed! What makes you say that? Hmmmm... I'm betting that you're just missing someone. Lemme guess... It's that Hyukkie kid, isn't?" He teased and waited until his brother's face become bright red with his words.

Naturally, Hongbin denied what Wonsik said and tried to act as if staring at the ceiling was the most entertaining thing to do at that moment. He felt the bed dipping down moments later because of his brother's weight and the next thing, Wonsik had his arms around his waist.

"Guess what, Hongbinnie~?" Wonsik said right next to Hongbin's neck, dropping the subject of a certain boy.

The latter shivered and tried to push him away, whining, "Stooooop! What makes you think that I'll gue – ahhhh!"

Wonsik bit on his shoulder and giggled. "Why are you so stubborn? I'm just trying to make you guess what I'm thinking of. Come on~" He continued to tease Hongbin until the latter gave up altogether. Hongbin said that he was not entirely up for guessing since he at it. So, in the end, Wonsik told him what the real deal was, "Did Leo-hyung ever tell you who's at the end of your string?"

Hongbin, of course, froze when he heard the question since his Leo-hyung had never spoken about it to him. If his brother was asking him that question, then it could mean that Leo and Wonsik had already seen the person on the other end of his red string and that it might also mean that that person was near. Hongbin started to panic, his heartbeat picking up a pace. It was intriguing and he would like to know who the person that he was fated to was. But at the same time, he was also scared of knowing. If that person was not really someone that he was fond of, then it would just stress him every time that he sees that person – that or he could be embarrassed of seeing her. Then again, if he was really meant for that girl then it would not matter if he finds out about who she is a little later –

"Are you actually thinking too much about this? I'm just asking but I won't tell you because it might jeopardise a lot of things..." Wonsik said, unwinding his arms that were around his brother's frame. "Don't worry. You'll know it yourself when the time comes. For now, you should try and get out of being grounded. And I mean... That's easy for me to say because you know how my Dad is like. But wait a little bit more, okay?" He brushed some of Hongbin's hair away from his face, admiring him for a little while before he smiled. "Few more years and you'll be independent. Maybe you can move in with one of our sisters! I don't know since..." He leaned forward to whisper, "All of us are tired of her... Your mother." Wonsik snickered. "I'm just joking! I'm just joking! But you know what I mean..."

Hongbin heaved a sigh. Of course, what his brother said was true. Still... "That aside, what did you and Leo-hyung talk about? You two seemed serious when you were talking."

Wonsik's fits of laughter softened and he soon stopped. He slightly frowned – something Hongbin took notice of. "It's nothing serious like you're thinking of right now... He asked me about people without strings..."

Hongbin blinked, trying to take in his words while still thinking of why his brother made that expression. He shook his head eventually and said, "Now that you mention it... I've actually thought about that possibility before. But since you weren't around, I thought that maybe they don't exist.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter