Baby

An Inheritor's Marriage

Nayeon was skeptical. “Why are you giving me this? You never give me anything...alive.”

“Well,” Aeyoung sat down. “I have a favor to ask.”

“Of course.” Nayeon rolled her eyes.

Today Aeyoung had come to visit her. It was a rare occasion. The first time actually. It completely caught Nayeon off guard, especially the “gift” that she brought with her. Along with her sister was an adorable baby lamb whose fur was white as snow and as soft as wool itself. She didn’t know what Aeyoung had planned. Everything was so surreal.

The older lightly jumped on her and gently grasped her arm. “Nayeon-ah,” she cooed, “Please, I need your help.”

She looked at the hands that were on her arm. For the first time in her life, Aeyoung was not violent, forceful, or vulgar. For the first time in her life, Aeyoung was begging Nayeon. In this position, Nayeon should’ve cringed in disgust, throw her hand across her sister’s face, or spit on her face and kick her out of her home. Instead, it was the opposite. Nayeon was...happy. Had Aeyoung finally soften her heart? Even just a little?

“Okay,” she submitted, “what do you need help with?”

Aeyoung squealed in happiness and hugged her sister.

“Thank you, thank you!” She pulled away and gave her a huge grin, “So,” she began excitedly, “XX is going to be launching cruelty-free products soon and we needed a new face of it. You know, to hype the public about it.”

Nayeon scoffed, “Why couldn’t you just ask me? You didn’t need to bring me a cute little lamb.”

“Well, I mean both of you are going to be in the ads. Plus I know how much you love animals so I thought you would want to take care of her.”

Nayeong reached down and held the little lamb in her arms. “I don’t think this house is fit for a farm animal but,” she smiled and pet the lamb on its head, “I think this baby can stay here.”

“See,” Aeyoung snapped, “I knew you would love it!” She grabbed her purse and put her sunglasses on, “I’ll have my people contact yours and set everything up. The photo shoot should be in a few weeks and then the launch party should follow that.”

Nayeon followed her to the front. Kwan opened the door for Aeyoung. Before she exit, Aeyoung looked back at her sister one more time and gave her a sincere smile, “Thanks again, sis.”

Nayeon nodded then looked at the lamb in her arms. “What should I name you huh?” She ran her hands through her fur, “Snow? Winter?” She paused then widened her eyes as an epiphany washed over her. “How about Baby?”

Aeyoung rose her brows, “Baby! That’s a good one.”

Nayeon lightly chuckled, “Alright, your name will be Baby.”

“Well, I’ve gotta go.”

“Thanks for dropping by.”

“No problem! Take good, good care of Baby,” Aeyoung shouted from outside.

Nayeon looked at Kwan, who was baffled by the live animal in their home, then laughed. “What are we going to do?”

 

The meeting was adjourned. She kept her eye on him and waited for everyone to leave. Although it has been months since the scandal broke out, there was still a sense of cautious around the two. Minrin pat him on the shoulder.

“Minrin,” he smiled, “it’s been a while.”

“It has,” she frowned a little, “sorry about your mother. We were in China when that happened.”

“It’s okay. She’s in a better place now. So, how are you?” he asked, wanting to change the subject.

“Good. Very excited to get this project started.”

“How are you and Minho?”

The question caught her off guard.

“I’m sorry, was it an uncomfortable question?”
“No, it’s fine. We are, uh, not seeing each other currently,” she confessed, “I actually haven’t spoken to him for a few months now.”

“Why’s that?”

“Just some issues that we haven’t actually resolved. Nothing too big.”

“Nothing too big?” Jinki scoffed, “You haven’t spoken to him for months and you claim the issue isn’t anything to worry about. Minrin, you are my friend so I care for you. If he’s hurting you in any sort of way, I won’t hesitate to talk to him myself.”

She laughed, “Wow, lucky me. I have my own defender?”

“Of course! I won’t hesitate to straighten up a dumb who doesn’t know what he’s got.”

Minrin looked at this man and was sadly reminded of his marital status. Lee Jinki wasn’t the one that got away; he was the one that was forced away. There were times when she thought about how different her life would be if she got to be with Lee Jinki. How much happier she would be. Ever since Choi Minho entered her life, she had been on autopilot; emotionally, physically, and mentally. Ever since he reentered her life, she couldn’t help but feel a small burden lift from her shoulders. Her sunshine was back in her life, but now he was shining for someone else.

“Thank you,” she could only allow herself to say.

Jinki looked at the clock on the wall. “Well,” he sighed, “I have to head out for another meeting, but don’t forget the blueprints. We need them for tomorrow’s meeting.”

Minrin shut her eyes, “Damn, how could I forget?”

“Where are you off to now?” he laughed.

“I need to drop by the house to get the blueprints. I left it there last.”

“Good. He doesn’t like me, but tell Minho I said hello.”

Minrin nodded, “I will,” she said as she departed from him.

 

After the incident with the intoxicated Nayeon, Minrin never stepped foot in the house again. She took a business trip to China and never heard from her since. Three months later, he couldn’t believe she was in their home.

“What are you doing here?” he asked, a bit too eagerly.

Minrin brushed past him. “Don’t worry I’m going to be leaving soon. I just need to grab something.”

“Why do you need to leave so quickly?”

She found the blueprint. “I need to give this information to Lee Jinki,” she replied, gesturing it to him.

“You come home, after all these months, just to retrieve something for him? Hwang Minrin. Answer me this question: do you still love him?”

She remained silent then walked away from him. “I don’t have time for your games.”

Minho pulled her back and threw the blueprint elsewhere.

“Even when I have you, bound by marriage, I still lose to him. Why?”

She grew impatient. After months of not seeing him, he still knew how to irritate him. “Never in my time of knowing you have you ever tried to know me as a person. You’ve only seen me as a tool to use against Lee Jinki-sshi. So, of course, I won’t love you. You don’t deserve my love or any positive emotion from me as a matter of fact. A person like you, Choi Minho, does not know how to love anyone but yourself.”

She walked away from him and picked up the blueprint.

He brushed away her comments. “It’s been months, are you finally going to come home?”

“Why? So I can see you drunkenly those women in that house I’m forced to call my home with you? No. Absolutely not.”

“Minrin it wasn’t like that!”

“Well, I don’t care to know! I don’t love you and you clearly don’t love me. We don’t need to continue playing this dumb game of “House”. Bang whoever you want, it doesn’t matter to me.”

“But you’re my wife!” he argued.

“Oh? Is that so? Then start treating me like it.”

In an instant, Minho pushed her down on the couch and kissed her roughly. His hands explored her body. Minrin resisted, slapping his hands away. She felt the tingles in her stomach grow from his touch. She didn’t want to give in, but she wanted him. Her body was on the prowl for a man’s touch. She craved for and she knew he would give it to her. He rolled her skirt up and her legs wrapped around him. She began to respond to his kiss and even ran her hands through his hair. As she grew deeper in her lustful drive, she could only think of one person.

Lee Jinki.

“I missed you,” Minho confessed through the kiss, “Come back to live with me.”

“Shut up,” she demanded, just wanting to get to the action

Minrin pulled the collar of his suit and he hastily took it off.
 

Her eyes couldn’t stop looking at him. It was like looking at a contemporary art piece in a museum, she grew deeper in interest just watching him speak to her. Without knowing, a goofy smile sprawled across her face. Upon realizing, she tried to conceal it by biting down her lips, but it only shined brighter. She covered , then giggled in her foolish, school girl behavior towards her own husband.

“Moon Nayeon,” Jinki laughed, “what is going on right now?”

She grinned, “Nothing.”

“Is there something on my face? Why do you keep looking at me like that?”

“Nothing, I can’t stop staring at you. You’re so gorgeous,” she finally confessed.

Jinki smiled and gave her a quick peck.

“Thank you, but I need you to listen right now.”

“Okay, okay.” She prepared for the eye candy visuals to begin again.

“Alright so we finalized on the stores and we’re gonna have you model for these brands. Tommy Hilfiger.”

“Ooh, he’s really trendy now.”

“Chanel.”

“Didn’t mother like that store?”

Jinki nodded, “Father negotiated very hard for them to allow us to insert one in Royal Midnight Galleria.”

“I’ll model the very best for that one; on behalf of her.”

“Then Yves Saint Laurent, Burberry, Adidas, and Forever 21.”

“Only six brands? I’m surprised.”

“Well, I didn’t want to overwork you.”

“My sweet husband,” she cooed, “you’re so cute. Don’t forget XX Cosmetics too.”

“How could I forget? We have a lamb as a daily reminder,” he teased.

They laid on their bed and Nayeon rested her bed on his chest. Jinki grabbed her marriage hand and kissed it.

“So Aeyoung didn’t even yell or harass you today?”

Nayeon shook her head.

“Don’t you find it suspicious at all?”

“Honestly, yes. But then I realized her favor was the reason for her being so gentle towards me.”

Jinki closed his eyes, “I don’t even know what lambs eat.”

“It’s okay, I’ll have Wendy research tomorrow.”

“Should I have Taemin help?”

Nayeon shook her head, “My little assistant’s got it.”


hey loves! here's a short update for y'all i hope you enjoyed it. so it looks like aeyoung has finally come around right? a cute lamb ahhh adorable. we haven't heard from minho and minrin for.....a very long time now. since chapter 17! woah! that was like 10 chapters ago! and isn't nayeon and jinki so cute? it's all fluff with them haha have a wonderful day!