Two Types of Men

An Inheritor's Marriage

Jinki ed his coat and looked at his watch. He had approximately twenty minutes left to get to the airport. His father just had to see him in at the hotel right before his flight. He sighed and shook his head, “Was a call not adequate?” He loosened up his tie and hastily walked out of the building.

“Lee Jinki,” a soft voice called. He stopped and turned to the person. Minrin. Jinki's tired eyes looked away. Minrin took a good look at him, “You look wonderful,” she smiled, almost nostalgically. “As always.”

Jinki looked at his watch again and sharply sighed, “It's nice to see you again, Hwang Minrin-sshi. Yes it has been a long time and as myself you look great as well.” Huge lie: she looked miserable. “Anyway, I'd love to converse with you for a longer period of time however–”

 

“You don't need to speak to me like I'm an investor, Jinki.” He bit his words. “I heard you're going to Taipei tonight.” She grinned, “It's alright, I understand; time is especially limited. I just wanted to say hi. We're not strangers you know,” she reminded him.

 

The weight on his shoulders compressed. He could see the hurt and despair in her eyes. He could tell how she honestly wanted to speak to him again and the sense of urgency that her eyes displayed; even if her words said otherwise.

 

Minrin looked at the ground then at him, “Have fun, enjoy yourself and treat your wife well. Hopefully we can run into each other again.” She looked at his car that was pulled up by the valet, “I'll be leaving now.” Jinki looked at Minrin walk away, seeing an invisible silhouette of burden that her shoulders carried.

 

“Sir, your car.” The valet gave him his keys respectively. Jinki snapped attention back to the man and took his keys.

 

Fishing her keys out of her purse, Minrin walked over to her car when suddenly, she was pushed roughly against her car by a pair of strong arms. She let out a loud scream but was quickly muffled by a large hand.

 

“Visiting your lover?”

 

She rolled her eyes then pushed him away, “It’s my business, not yours.” She turned to insert her key in.

 

Minho pulled her hands back and held her shoulders, “Oh, but it is my business.” He smirked, “Did you forget that you’re my wife.”

 

She tried to pry his hands off her shoulders, “Don’t be too excited, now. We’re engaged only.”

 

“Engaged, married, in a relationship, so what? They’re all the same thing.”

 

“Not if something happens to our engagement that stops us from marrying one another.”

 

Minho tightened his grip on her, “Is that a threat?”

 

“Only if you think it is.”

 

He got frighteningly close to her face making her hold her breath and inch away from him. He laughed at her vulnerable response. “You’re mine, Hwang Minrin.” He caressed her face with the back of his finger. She cringed from his touch. “No matter what, you’re mine. Remember why you’re in here in the first place: gotta save daddy.”

 

She clenched her teeth as he maliciously chuckled. She pushed him away and slapped him, “Go to hell,” she spat.

 

His tongue poked the inside of his cheek and rubbed it. The sharp pain was spread throughout. Minho scoffed then turned to her. He grabbed the side of her head then kissed her, as a sign of dominance. She squirmed and screamed, but he was too strong for her. The more she fought, the stronger he grew in the kiss.

 

He pulled away then looked at her with threatening eyes. "Don't think you can get out of this marriage so easily. You think because you see your Jinki oppa again, you can run off to him all you want?" He laughed, "Why would he go back to a deceiving piece of trash like yourself?"

 

"If I'm trash, why dont you just throw me away and leave me alone?" With the heels of her shoes, Minrin stepped on his foot then pushed him away from her. She quickly inserted in her car keys and hopped in her car. She the ignition and quickly drove past him before he could get up.

 

Minho looked at how fast she moved then laughed to himself. “Because this trash has valuable information.”

 
 

The sound of the airplane was always soothing to her for some odd reason. Just the thought of leaving for a short while pleased her. She looked outside her window and looked at the breath-taking view of the lingering clouds in the lavender sunset. Nayeon took out her phone and, as a habit of hers, clicked on the Instagram app. She always liked to keep the media updated on her life–since no one had an interest in her back at home.

 

She took a picture of the scenery but realized that it was too dark to capture its beauty. Putting on flash would only cause an ugly blur and distraction to the other passengers. She tried to focus the image but it just wasn’t as beautiful as she wanted it to be. She moved over a bit then realized she was just about to brush arms with Jinki.

 

Should I? She thought to herself.

 

Luckily Jinki was soundly sleeping so the decision was all up to her. The lighting near him was just about perfect and a picture of them two would be appropriate. She angled herself and tilted her head, as if pointing at him, about to snap a picture.

 

He loudly exhaled and elbowed her hands, making her phone slip and loudly fall onto the floor. Jinki awoke from the sudden noise then looked at Nayeon. He grinned amusingly, “What were you doing?”

 

She slowly reached down for her phone, “Uh,” she scoffed a small laugh, “Nothing, just,” she brought up her phone, “My phone fell.”

 

“Were you trying to take a picture of me sleeping?” He asked with a raised brow. Jinki turned his body towards her. Before she could deny anything, he took her phone from her.

 

She tried to snatch it from him, “Hey, give it back.”

 

Jinki put his arms around her and brought her closer. He angled the phone in front of them and turned his face to the best side of his face. He handsomely smiled, “This is how you take a picture.” He adjusted the lighting by tapping on the screen then smiled, “1, 2,” he stopped then looked at her.

 

Nayeon looked at him, “What?”

 

He scoffed, “You’re the one that was creepily taking pictures of me sleeping. Now that I am taking it, you don’t smile.” He bumped shoulders with her and tightened his hold on her, “Smile.”

 

Nayeon looked at him, then the camera. She put on a gorgeous smile with bright eyes then tilted her head to lightly touch his.

 

Jinki took the picture. He turned his upper body away from her and continued on typing the caption. Nayeon let him finish, curious as to what he was going to say. After he finished, he gave his phone back to her then put his head back and began to rest again.

 

Nayeon admired the photo then read the post:

 

nymoon This girl tried to sneak a picture of me sleeping. Pft, could’ve just asked.

Jinki: 1 | Nayeon: 0

 

“If you want anything, don’t be afraid to ask.”

 

Nayeon turned to him. His eyes were shut and his head was comfortably on the neckrest.

 

“I’m your husband now, we shouldn’t continue being afraid to speak with one another.” Without receiving a response from her, he turned his head to her and opened his eyes, “Got that?”

 

Nayeon looked at him then nodded, still remaining silent with him.

 

He looked at her then directed his eyes to her hands. He sat up then took her hands. Nayeon was stiff at first, then he began to rub soothing lines on the back of her palm. His eyes were soft and his eyebrows gently creased, “I’m not a scary person, Nayeon, really. I want us to work. I am your husband so please recognize me as it.”

 

That statement took her off guard. It was so bold and audacious of him to say, but it was the truth. They were legally husband and wife.

 

“I know we weren’t given time to really get to know each other, but please know that I will never want to hurt you in any way,” he assured her. “You are my wife and I am your husband. It may take time to adjust, but if you just open your heart a bit, we can learn to love one another like a married couple.” He sincerely glanced at her, “So please speak to me. I don’t want to remain awkward with one another. Can you do that for me?”

 

Nayeon smiled then nodded her head, “Of course, Jinki.” He smiled then kissed the back of her hand. She felt her cheeks burn a little then spread across her face. She took her hands from him, “You should get some rest.” She looked away, not wanting him to see her blushing. “You must be exhausted from everything.”

 

Jinki smiled then leaned back in his seat. He reached past his seat then took a hold of her hand. He laced it with hers, casually, then process with his nap. Nayeon’s hands were tense at first, not used to this intimacy, then relaxed her hands and squeezed his hands back.

Suddenly she felt like this marriage wasn’t going to be as bad as she thought.


FINALLY AFTER A BILLION YEARS I AM BACK! I've actually been neglecting this site, but I am definitely back. This last few weeks I've been really lazy just wasting my time with watching dramas and such and thought, why not contribute time writing my stories? So we get to see more of what Minrin and Minho's relationship is like. What do you guys think? Jinki and Nayeon's relationship completely contrasts Minrin and Minho's, right?