When In Need

An Inheritor's Marriage

Nayeon stood up, “Unbelieveable,” she said under her breath. She tucked the tablet under her arm to leave but Jinki stood up to block her way.

 

“Nayeon.”

 

“Why couldn’t you just be honest with me?” she said, trying to hold her tears back.

 

“I–” he stammered.

 

“I don’t need to know what your relationship with her is; I don’t want to know.” she softly laughed as she looked away, “I’m afraid it will only hurt me more.”

 

Jinki held her arm, “Nayeon please listen to me.”

 

She pulled her arm back, “I've got to go.” She told him without looking at him, “I have a fitting to go to.”

 

“Nayeon please let me explain.” She shrugged his arms away and left the house.

 

Driving away from their home, Nayeon gradually let her cries escalate. With one hand steering, the other one did the job of wiping her tears away. Her lips quivered as the cold reality hit her: her husband, who she had literally grown to love, was seeing another woman. She stopped at the red light and cried. Within the short minute of the busy intersection, Nayeon allowed herself that limited time to cry, shout, scream, mourn all her emotions out. With shaken shoulders, bawling eyes, and a sorrowful cry, Nayeon sobbed until the drivers behind her honked at her to go. She messily wiped away every drop of tears with her sleeves and proceeded to drive.


 

Once she parked her car, she was immediately pulled aside. Already knowing who it was, Nayeon hugged the person and rested her head on his shoulder. Kibum gave her a warm hug back, “So it’s true.” he said with his deep voice. After the truth about him was revealed, Kibum no longer held the higher pitched voice that he was using. He had become Kim Kibum, the man that had accepted his scandalous past.

 

Nayeon nodded her head and inhaled the comforting smell of her friend’s cologne. She pulled away and wiped her tears away, “He was going to explain but I just didn’t have it in me to listen.” She pulled him into a hug again, “Kibum my heart hurts so much.” she confessed as tears ran through his shirt.

 

Like any friend would feel, Kibum was furious. Nayeon was very internally sheltered. She has never been in a relationship so she lacked the experience with love. Jinki came in like a knight in shining armour promising genuine love. He gained her trust and love. With utmost patience, he held access to her heart only to shatter it with this unexpected scandal.

 

Taegi parked her car and saw Kibum and Nayeon hugging each other very affectionately. She knew it was only out of comfort, but she and Kibum had never been as intimately close like that before, and it sort of made her envy Nayeon. She stayed in the car and looked away, not wanting to ruin their moment.

 

She pulled away from him a second time, “We’ve only been married for two months and already he’s cheating on me.” Nayeon tried to laugh the pain off but it was too heavy for her. “The honeymoon phase sure did ended quick for us.”

 

Kibum held her face with his large hands and wiped her tears away, “I’m sorry that things happened the way they shouldn’t have.”

 

“Well it happened and there's nothing you or I can do about it.”

 

Kibum looked past her and saw a familiar bastard doing an awful job of hiding his selfish self. “Nayeon,” he said not looking at her, “Do you want pay back?”

 

“What are you talking about?”

 

Before she knew it, Kibum had turned her body and held it extremely close to his. He wrapped an arm around her waist and the other to push her head forward to a kiss. Nayeon's eyes widened from his questionably bold actions. Meanwhile Kibum's were still fixated at the man that was about to approach them.

 

Taegi gasped upon seeing Kibum and Nayeon's kissing scene. She got out of her car and approached them. However before she even holler at them, Jinki pulled them apart and swung a forceful punch at Kibum.

 

“Keep your hands and lips off of my wife you bastard!” he shouted as he repeatedly punched Kibum.

 

Nayeon screamed upon seeing that it was her husband. “Jinki, stop!” That only fueled for him to punch him harder.

 

Another knuckle crackled his jaw, “At least I didn’t cheat on her with some cheap .” Kibum sneered with blood coating his bottom lip.

 

Nayeon pulled Jinki away and Taegi helped the wounded man up.  She dragged her husband far away from her co-worker and near the back alley. “What the hell is wrong with you, exactly!” Nayeon shouted at Jinki. “I’m at work and you come here–”

 

Before she could shout another word at him, Jinki pulled her into a kiss. She resisted but Jinki stood his ground. He only held her closer to him and his lips latched onto hers. If another man got to kiss her that way, he sure as hell as got to share that right as well.

 

Using all the strength she gained from anger, Nayeon pushed him away and slapped him. “I don’t know what kind of cheap-minded girl you think I am, but this drama-move of yours is pathetic.” She turned to walk away but Jinki aggressively pulled her back.

 

“Oh so another man gets to kiss you but not your own husband?” he asked, face close with hers. Jealousy and possessiveness filled his aurora.

 

“Some woman that I’ve never known about gets to have a romantic late night date with you but I don’t?” she scoffed, “Don’t you think this is fair?”

 

He let her go, “Nothing happened between us!” he shouted.

 

“And nothing happened between me and Kibum!”

 

“I just saw him kiss you what do you mean nothing happened!”

 

“That was all an act, I guess Kibum saw you and wanted to get you rolling!” Jinki stayed quiet. “If you have nothing else to say, I’ve got to get going to work.”

 

Again, before she could leave him, Jinki pulled her back. This time it was much more gentle and his eyes weren’t filled with heated anger. “Nayeon, you know I want this marriage to work. I would never do something like this to destroy your trust that I worked so hard for.”

 

“Jinki, please, so much happened this morning. I told you I don’t want to know what your relationship with that woman is.”

 

“Nayeon please,” he begged, “Let me explain.”

 

She sighed and brushed his arms off of her. She looked at him and he began to explain:

"When I was younger, I went to school with that woman. We both shared a mutual liking to each other but my father did not approve. He forced her away from me and we both met again yesterday. We had lunch, since it's been so long. Last night she was having some problems and wanted me to console her."

 

Nayeon knew he wasn't a liar. His story was extremely convincing but a woman still had her doubts. In this case she still needed time to recover. She released herself from his hold and without bidding a goodbye to him, Nayeon walked and left him alone in the alley.


 

Her heart palpated as she walked to the man’s office. It’s been years since she’s seen him but it was much more frightening especially since she already knew what it was about; Lee Wang was not happy. Chung opened the door and already, the old man was staring deep into her soul. Minrin stepped in the office, composing her posture.

 

“Some things just don’t change do they?” he said with his same, old, intimidating voice. Minrin looked down, not knowing how to respond. “Should time repeat itself?”

 

She knew what he meant by that. “I’m sorry sir.” she apologized, “This will never happen again. We just–we were just meeting up.”

 

Wang looked at her and knew he had her back in the palm of his hands, just like he had her nine years ago. He swiveled around on his chair, “To remove your company from the team or not.”

 

Minrin got on her knees, swallowing her pride and pushing away the humiliation. “Sir please, I am begging you. Whatever wrong I have done, you can punish me but not HG Constructions.”

 

He gave a satisfied chortle. It was like deja vu! He stood up, “You know, I added your pathetic company in not only because we were hearing good reviews from Diamond Suites about how impeccable you guys are–”

 

Minrin pushed a grunt as the old man sat on top of her back. Wang only smirked from her response. Oh how he loved the sound of pain.

 

“–but because I wanted to see if you had the control to isolate yourself from my son.” Wang laughed, “But it seems like you failed that test.” He wiped the tip of his shoes on her skirt.

 

“I am deeply ashamed of my actions and I swear it on my family name that it will never happen again.” She turned her head to look at him, “I will do anything.”

 

Wang cleared his throat then got off her. He casually brushed the other pointed tip of his shoe on her skirt, “I want you to hold a press conference tomorrow explaining your rash behavior.” He looked at her under his nose, “Since I know that it was you who initiated it, I want you to make it seems like Jinki is the victim here and that it was all your fault. Got that?”

 

Her elbows buckled from the strain that they were in, “Yes sir.”

 

He kicked her at the rib, “Now leave.”

 

Quickly, Minrin got up and left his office. The speck of dust from his shoe remained on her skirt although she tried to wipe it off. Minrin did not let that tear of shame escape from her eyes. She was not going to get Wang that satisfaction.


 

It didn’t take her long to realize that the Hwang Minrin that she had admire so much on Instagram was the same Hwang Minrin that was with her husband. It was late and all Nayeon wanted to do was sleep all the heavy stress that she’s been feeling today. As she entered the gate to her home, she saw Sangwon’s car parked at the front followed by shouting and chaos. Knowing that something was terribly wrong. Driving faster, Nayeon parked her car and ran to where all the fuss was heard.

 

Jinki was violently ed to the marble floor and hit his head on the ground. Nayeon loudly gasped and blocked her brother, “Stop it, Sangwon!” Jinki got up and couldn’t look at either person.

 

Sangwon looked at his little sister and saw the sorrow in her eyes. Her eyes were puffy, although it was obvious she went through much trouble trying to deflate them. He turned to the man that caused it all, “You made my little sister cry.” Anger and pain suffocated the brother’s heart, “As if she didn’t suffer enough sadness at home," he kicked the vased plant next to him, making the maids scream, "you did the worst thing any husband could do.” With a blunt force, he punched the guilty man down and grabbed him by the collar, “I gave my sister to you, trusting–” he loudly emphasized, “that you would be able to help her escape her tortuous lifestyle.” He scoffed as a heavy teardrop fell down his cheek, “But you, Lee Jinki, are no different than those people Nayeon and I call family.”

 

Nayeon pulled her brother off her husband and dodged him away from Jinki, “Sangwon, please.” she cried softly with her arms wrapped around him, “Please stop,” she said with a shaken voice, “I-I’ll take you home.”

 

He hugged his little sister and shut his eyes. A tear rolled down and it reminded him of all those time he was the only one consoling her. Nodding, he let Nayeon take him to his place of sanctuary.

 

 

It was nearly an hour until Nayeon came back. She looked at the man she calls her husband. Grabbing a chair, Nayeon sat down and looked at him. From just a quick glance, it was obvious that she had shed some tears at her brother’s. She was the first to speak, “Lee Jinki,” she called; that cold tone was back. “I’m not mad at you, I just want the truth.” He slowly rose his gaze at her and she continued, “Do you have any lingering feelings for Hwang Minrin-sshi?”

 

From the second he broke away from her stare, she knew–Jinki was still in love with Hwang Minrin. “You’re still in love with her, aren’t you?” she whispered.

 

“Nayeon, it’s not that,” he said, trying not to raise his voice, “It’s just–”

 

“Complicated? Difficult? Hard to explain?” she softly smiled, that sad smile that she often used to do came back, “I wish I could understand but I don’t. For now I will be understanding and wish that it remains platonic.” She stood up, “It’s been a long day, I’m gonna head up to bed.”

 

Before she left the door, Jinki stood up and hugged her. “I’m sorry,” he said, “I didn’t mean to hurt you. I’m so sorry, Nayeon. I never thought things would happen this way. Words can’t even explain how sorry I am.”

 

She unclasped his hands and turned around. She kissed him on the forehead and grinned, “Good night, Jinki.” Walking away from him, Nayeon mushed her lips together and the same tears ran down their streak.

 


Man! Listening to Kris’ Time Boils the Rain really builds up the whole mood of this chapter. Sooooo this was a very intense chapter wasn’t it? Kibum kissed Nayeon to evoke a (negative) response from Jinki, I wonder how Taegi feels. Then Minrin is bullied by Wang and forced to make a public apology. *DUN DUN DUNNNNN* Then Big Bro Sangwon and makes a huge scene at the Lee-Moon Residence. Don’t you all think Nayeon is being so strong right now? Goodness I would have kicked mah hubby in the balls. Haha! I love you all and I hope you enjoyed it!