Retreat

An Inheritor's Marriage

She had totally forgotten to pack the night before. There were just so many things going on, it didn’t cross her mind that she had a company retreat to go to. Hastily, she folded her clothes neatly in her suitcase and zipped it up.

 

Biting her index finger, Nayeon tried to figure out what else she needed. “Shoes.” she murmured as she walked to her side of the closet. “Makeup, undergarments, cellphone, cellphone charger, face products, toothbrush. . .” she recited, trying not to forget.

 

Hearing all the zipping and walking around in their room, Jinki knew something was going on. His heart dropped and his eyes shot open. He looked at the time and it was still too early for either of them to be awake. There was probably a few hours left before sun rise. Suspicion rose. Raising up from the guest bed, Jinki put on his slippers and walked to their master bedroom. Peeking inside, he saw Nayeon pondering over something, then walk to the closet.

 

Entering the room, Jinki looked at things scattered around it. “Where are you going?”

 

Still in the closet she answered, “None of your business.”

 

Literally.

 

He looked at all the suitcases that were packed and ready to go with a medium sized one was still being worked on. She was at a far enough distance to not be able to retrieve it. As she was making her way towards the luggage, he zipped the suitcase and held it behind him.

 

“Hey,” she put her pairs of shoes on the bed, “give it back.” she demanded, trying to reach behind him.

 

With his long arms, he held it away from her, “Are you thinking of running away?”

 

“Give it back.”

 

He threw it behind him. “Answer me.” he said with a much harsher tone this time.

 

Nayeon scoffed, “Are you kidding me right now?” She pressed a finger on the bridge of her nose with a sigh, trying to not blow up on him. She removed her finger and shook her head, “I don’t have time for you.”

 

Seriously, I only have fifteen more minutes. she thought.

 

Brushing her shoulder past him, Nayeon went to pick up her suitcase. However Jinki beat her to it. He took the suitcase and propped it behind him. “So you are running away.”

 

Again she was fascinated by how ignorant this guy was. How important did he think she was to him. After yesterday, all respect and feelings she had for him were gone. Lee Jinki was nothing to Moon Nayeon.

 

“If that’s what you want to believe, then sobeit.” Nayeon snatched it from him and quickly went inside the room. She locked the door and gave it a spiteful glare at it, like it was Jinki.

 

Feeling the ring on her finger, Nayeon looked at it. All the anger that she had towards Jinki was directly radiating at the innocent band. In frustration, she took it off her finger and threw it at the wall adjacent to her. She felt a small tap on her slipper and saw that the ring had bounced back at her. Nayeon sighed in frustration and messily slipped it in her suitcase.

 

“I don’t need to be reminded.”

 

Nayeon rushed to the line and bowed, “I’m sorry everyone for being late.”

 

“We were going to leave you,” Kibum said. “But someone,” his eyes targeted to their boss, “wanted to wait longer.”

 

Kahi took off her sunglasses, “Well as long as you’re here now.” she said to Nayeon. “Okay everyone,” she p ut her sunglasses over her head so they hooked behind her ears, “we can board now.”

 

The vibration of her phone caught her off guard. Nayeon took it out of her coat pocket while handing the workers her ticket. She looked at caller I.D. and scoffed. Nayeon turned it off then let it slip back into her coat pocket.

 

“Who was that?” Kahi asked monotonously as they made their way to the plane.

 

“No one important.”

 

“Seems like we're not the only one boarding at this odd hour.” Kahi nodded at the small plane parked not too far from theirs.

 

Just from looking at it, it was obvious that it was a private plane for someone extremely wealthy. The plane was a glossy, pearl white color with a dazzling gold border around each window. Near the tail of the plane was ‘MAY’ in striking red letters with bolded, cursive transcript.

 

Before Nayeon could even glance at it, she was ushered inside the plane.

 

“Nayeon?” she put slid her designer glasses down the bridge of her nose and watched as Nayeon boarded the plane with her crew.

 

“Where are they off to?” Aeyoung asked the worker.

 

“Spain.” she answered.

 

“Be specific!” the seoulite yelled in frustration.

 

"Barcelona.”

 

What a coincidence. The two sisters had traveling to do. Then again it was the first day of the new year. For Aeyoung it meant a completely new wardrobe from another fashion district. New York was so last year. Paris was ringing at her, but Barcelona caught her attention. With a grin on her face, Aeyoung took off her sunglasses and leaned towards the worker.

 

“Cancel my trip. I'm going to Barcelona.”

 

After 13 long and tiring hours, they finally got to the Ohla Hotel. The hotel’s exterior was an extravagant neoclassical design and the busy streets was an amazing sight for her. By the time they landed, it was already starting to get dark. The horizon was a beautiful mixture of deep crimson and ripe coral. Since it was January, the weather was chilly but not as cold as Seoul. Already, Nayeon was liking Barcelona.

 

“Everyone, stay here. Wendy,” she pointed to the assistant, “come with me, since you have all the booking stuff.”

 

“Yes, Park sajangnim.” She turned to Nayeon, “Watch my stuff for me, will you?”

 

Nayeon nodded and sighed, feeling exhausted from the plane ride.

 

Aeyoung walked in the hotel and impatiently tapped her foot as the bellboy rolled her stuff on the luggage carrier.

 

“Careful with my things!” she shouted at the worker in English, “It’s expensive, you know!”

 

“Yes, ma’am.”

 

She hissed under her breath and put her sunglasses on again. Looking at the huge group in front of her, Aeyoung gasped and hid behind the tall bellboy.

 

“!” she cursed.

 

“Ma’am,” he called, “what are you–”

 

“Shut up I’ve already booked my room.” she peeked over his shoulder. “Just wait until they’re gone.”

 

Soon the group was escorted by a small group of bellboys. Once Nayeon was far enough, Aeyoung quickly made her way towards the receptionist.

 

“I made reservations however I want a room close to the group that just came in.”

 

The woman shook her head, “I’m sorry but this is a very exclusice hotel. Once you’ve booked, you can either accept the room you were put in or wait until another is vacant.”

 

Already prepared for this situation, Aeyoung scoffed. Taking out her checkbook, she wrote a check of  €1,000 and placed it in front of the woman. With a smug smile on her face.

 

“Pardon?”

 

The receptionist looked at the check then at Aeyoung. “I’ll see what I can do.”

 

“You do that now” she replied coyly.

 

As they waited their turn in the elevator, Nayeon couldn’t help but get this feeling that someone was staring at her. Taegi and Kibum were awfully quiet, which was unusual, so she turned around; only to hit the chest of the bellboy.

 

“I’m sorry,” Nayeon apologized in English.

 

The man was very tall and had a lean and masculine built. His complexion was a perfectly rich tan. Aside from his mustache and beard that lightly surfaced his perfect jaw, chiseled chin, and full upper lip, his face was porcelain and flawless. His eyebrows were thick and a light brown, very much like his hair, and he had the most beautiful set of green eyes. His hair was messily slicked up. To sum it up, this man was a Spanish god in modern times.

 

Naturally, he had a smoldering appearance. “It’s perfectly okay.” Even his voice was dreamy. His voice was deep voice and had a bit of raspy undertone. The accent that he had was so undeniably y. “I was in your way of your and your friends.”

 

The elevator came to a stop. Purposely leaving them alone, Kibum and Taegi pushed through the two.

 

“We’ll be in the room.” Kibum told her.

 

Holding out his hand, the bellboy gestured for her to go first.

 

“Thank you,” she quickly looked at his name tag, “Stefan.”

 

“My pleasure, uh, what is your name?” he asked as he pulled the cart out of the elevator.

 

“Nayeon.”

 

“Ah, what a beautiful name, Ms. Nayeon.”

 

Even though she wasn’t wearing her ring, being addressed like that made her naturally curled her left ring finger in her palm.

 

“You are Korean, correct?” Stefan asked as he pushed the cart out of the elevator. Nayeon nodded. “So, what are you guys doing all the way from South Korea?”

 

“Every year other year, my company takes a trip to a country. Kind of like a retreat.”

 

“Are you a model?” he asked once they got to her door.

 

A smile grew on her lips and she looked down. “You're quite the guesser, aren't you?” Sliding the card down, Nayeon opened the door wide enough for him to enter.

 

“With a pretty face likes yours,” he lifted up two suitcases and tucked it under his arm, “it was not doubt.” Grabbing the last two suitcases, he thanked her then set the suitcases down in the suite. Helping him bring the stuff in, Nayeon earned a handsome smile from him — making her feel flattered.

 

“Thank you so much, Stefan. It was a pleasure to meet you.”

 

Taegi and Kibum stood behind her, “Thank you, Stefan.” they said, purposely vocalizing his name.

 

“If you need anything, I'll be more than happy to help.” he said while glancing at Nayeon and Nayeon only. Before leaving, he took her hand and kissed it. “Enjoy your stay at El Hotel Ohla.”

 

“We will, and thank you again.” Nayeon shut the door.

 

“I'm sensing a strong connection here.” Kibum said.

 

“Shouldn't you be in your room?” Nayeon reminded. Co-ed rooming was prohibited.

 

“She's changing the subject,” Taegi shook her head, “First sign.”

 

Nayeon laughed dryly, “While you two are busy making your allegations, I’m gonna be sleeping.” She walked past those two only to be pulled back. “What now?” she groaned in exhaustion. “I’m tired,” she whined again.

 

“We’re in Barcelona, Nayeon.” Taegi wiggled her shoulders, “Let’s go salsa or something.”

 

“We can do that tomorrow, I’m tired.”

 

Ignoring her complaint, Kibum and Taegi pulled her out the door.

 

“I heard there was an awesome club just down the street. Since it's the new year, it's gonna be crazy!” Taegi told the two as they walked down the hallway.

 

“I can’t wait to dance with some full figured Spanish women. Especially with their rockin body and big a–”

 

Taegi hit him, “Call down, tiger.”

 

Nayeon groaned, “I need a new roommate.”

 

Once they stepped into the elevator, Aeyoung stepped out of her room. “I know where I’m going tonight.”


So it's January 1st. Nayeon is off to a company retreat, but Jinki doesn't know that. Aeyoung is a creep and followed Nayeon to Barcelona. Stefan is gorgeous. What could go wrong? Haha

hello new subscribers and old loyal ones! i’m so happy to read all the new commenters. i was absolutely taken back by all the upvotes! goodness i nearly teared up. thank you all so much for supporting this story of mine. i hope i don’t disappoint you all. however since finals is coming, i’m sorry to say this but there won’t be an update for the next two weeks. i hope this update will suffice but most importantly i hope you all understand O n O