Bonding

An Inheritor's Marriage

His heart was pounding fast and this blood clogged in the temples of his head. His palms were growing sweaty from just the thought of it and his heart beat only accelerated more. His arms were growing weak from holding himself on the ledge while his legs were shaking, afraid that they would fail him.

“I hate you all!” Kibum shouted to the people below him. He couldn’t hold on much longer.

“We got you!” Taegi shouted, holding tight onto the fabric.

“Just jump!” Kahi followed. “So we can eat!”

“Can’t I just get down and not jump?” Kibum almost sobbed looking down again. “Dear mom, if I don’t make it please don’t look at the box underneath my bed.” he quickly prayed to himself.

All of the employees, including Jinki and Nayeon, were doing this exercise called the Trust Fall. Sounds simple but Park Kahi always did things to the extreme. Instead of having to simply have a partner catch him, Kibum had to climb up on a higher elevation and fall down into a large nylon catcher that each staff was holding. Did everyone else have to do this? Nope, this was designed especially for Kim Kibum himself. Why? Because Park Kahi was getting tired of his sass.

“Kim Kibum you have five seconds to drop or you are fired!”

“C’mon Kibum, I’m hungry!” Nayeon whined followed by an air-light giggle. Jinki couldn’t help but gaze at her longer. A dumb grin grew on his face and blossomed into a wide smile, showing the gums of his teeth.

“Five!” The boss counted off.

“Ugh!” Kibum grunted. His fingers were slowly slipping. “No, you bastards, don’t!” he shouted at them.

“Four!”

“I can’t!” His grip slipped and soon enough his was falling in mid air. He gasped, not feeling the cement bar, then fell into the bouncy surface of the cloth.

“Now was that so hard?” Taegi asked him as she was helping him up.

“Shut up, my muscles are sore.” he groaned.

“Okay now that he’s done...Let’s eat!”

Instantaneously, the workers of the destination rolled in long tables of buffet style food. On top of that, there was barbecue going on. As everyone grabbed their food and gathered together on a table, Jinki pulled Nayeon away so it would be just the two of them.

“Let’s eat over here.”

Looking over her shoulder, she saw how Kibum was already telling everyone his traumatic experience. Taegi was, as always, eating her food while listening mindlessly to her friend’s chatter.

“Sure, why not.”

Before they left to their spot, Jinki too off his hat and placed it on her head. “There,” he said, “that looks better.”

They sat down on a large boulder that held a perfect view of the Spanish coast. Due to the traffic, it took two hours to get there but the city of Salou was absolutely breathtaking. The clean, water looked like an image from a catalogue and the nice warm breeze of the coast sent a refreshing scent towards their way; Nayeon loved it. Although it was winter, the afternoon sun and the tropical scenery was a great way to keep out of the usual cold weather. Wanting to feel the breeze through her hair, Nayeon gave him back his cap.

“I’d rather let the wind do it’s business.” She secured the accessory on his head, “Plus it looks way better on you.” Putting her food down, she wrapped her arms around her legs and absorbed the beauty around her.

Seeing how engulfed his wife was, Jinki knew she was captivated by Barcelona. “You like it?” he asked.

“It’s beautiful.” she replied back. “I could stay out here for hours.” Breaking her attention from the scenery, she looked at him. “What about you? Do you like Barcelona?”

Grinning at how childish she looked, Jinki nodded his head. “Barcelona is a very beautiful city.” She was still looking at him, which was strange. Nayeon wasn’t one to stare. “What?” He grabbed his food and picked up a Spanish dish that was served.

“So about last night...” she brought in cautiously. Seeing how he slouched just from the topic, Nayeon sat up straight. “I’m serious, we need to talk about it.”

Jinki sighed then put his food down. “I’m sorry about my behavior last night.” he apologized. “I don’t know what compelled me to do those things. I guess just seeing you happy with another man while we were troubled made me...jealous.”

Hearing his apology made her feel better, but she was still feeling weary inside. “I was being serious when I said I don’t want to be our resolution to everything.” Nayeon’s eyes shot down, a sign that Jinki realized meant she was feeling embarrassed or insecure. “I don’t want you to think that I’m...easy.” Circling around his face to see what his reaction was, Nayeon’s eyes drifted back to the coast.

It was hard for Nayeon to open up – he of all people would have known that – so he knew it took a lot of courage to speak her mind. Setting their plates aside, Jinki sat closer to her and held her hand.

“Nayeon-ah.” he said trying to get her attention. Once he received it with her hesitant glance, he gave her soft grin, “Please don’t ever feel that way. You’re always a challenge to me, but you’re a challenge worth taking. I know that we had mistakes, but let’s have Barcelona be our place to reconcile our relationship.”

It was hard to say no to Jinki in general; but when he spoke like this, it was an automatic submission.

“Okay.” she agreed.

Handing her her food, Jinki’s legs dangled on the edge of the boulder. “Now eat,” he instructed, “I’m sure we have a long day ahead of us.”

“You mean more life threatening obstacles?” Nayeon laughed as she put a diced mango in .

Laughing along with her, Jinki felt a small vibration in his pants pocket. Quickly pulling out his phone, he glanced at the name then completely power off his phone.

“Who was that?” Nayeon asked.

“No one.” he lied, “I guess I accidentally put my phone on vibrate.”

 

 

His heart was pounding fast and this blood clogged in the temples of his head. His palms were growing sweaty from just the thought of it and his heart beat only accelerated more. His arms were growing weak from holding himself on the ledge while his legs were shaking, afraid that they would fail him.

Joongki shut his eyes, trying to let the cool winter breeze relax his anxiety. Looking up at the faint sprinkles of stars in the dark night, he took a deep breath and prayed for a miracle to happen.

“He’s not answering.” Taemin reported.

“He hasn’t answered mine either.” Joongki said through shut eyes. He pushed himself off from the hospital balcony and walked back into the room; his mother was placed in a VIP hospital room so it was much more spacious than a regular room. There were fancy, cushioned couches and even a miniature chandelier hanging from the high ceiling in the other side of the large room for visitors to relax at.

“How’s mom?” Hyojoo asked as she poked her head in and quietly shut the door behind her.

“Not good, she’s still hasn’t woken up yet.” Joongki responded. “Where’s Kijoo?”

“I left him home; I left him with Wehan.” They still had their Seoul home although they mostly resided in London. The maids and house workers were more than happy to take care of the infant. A visit from their masters were always appreciated and deeply encouraged.

Hyojoo looked around, “Where’s father?”

“He’s in his office.” Taemin answered. “He was here when the doctors were assembling Madam, but left shortly after.”

“Are you serious?” Hyojoo looked at her husband. “Call him!” she urged.

“This happens all the time.” her husband began to explain. “This is his way of coping with stress; adding more stress to keep his mind off his current stress.” He looked at his mother then held her hand. It broke his heart to know that the monitors were the only things keeping her alive. This wasn’t how he pictured himself returning to Seoul.

Pulling a chair, Joongki sat next to his mother and held her hand then kissed it. “Mom, please pull through. Jinki and father is not here but I’m here. Please wake up for me.” he spoke to her.

As he pressed another soft kiss on his mother’s hand, a heavy tear rolled down her shut eyes and created a watery passage down her pale face. Taking a deep breath to push aside his sob, Joongki shut his eyes and held his mother’s hand close to his face.

“Taemin-sshi, please keep calling Jinki.” he told the assistant.

 

 

After a long day of intense team bonding and Olympic style obstacle courses, they crew finally came back to the hotel. It was late at night and while everyone else wanted to have an after party, Jinki and Nayeon wanted to stray away.

Walking her to her room, Jinki began to walk closer to her as they got closer. “Should the rookie get a good night kiss?” he asked as they reached her door.

A tired laugh rolled from her lips, “How bout the rooke work on his game first.” She picked the hotel card from her back pocket.

“Okay then,” he leaned on the wall with his shoulder as he watched her, “how about this.” He waited for her to give him her undivided attention.

“What?” she asked. What else did he have under his sleeve.

Taking her hand to his, Jinki pulled her in closer as if telling her a secret. “Tomorrow night, you go on a date with me. A romantic dinner at the rooftop.” He smiled genuinely, one of her favorite things in the world. “No one else; just you and me.” he said lower this time, then kissed the back of her hand. “What do you say?”

Although she was tired, Jinki always had a way to make butterflies activate in her tummy. With that damn smile of his, she was defeated; but this was a wonderful defeat she would accept any day.

“Of course.”

He smiled then put her hand down. “I’ll come get you at 8. Dinner usually doesn’t start until 10 so we’ll have everything to ourselves.” Before he left, he gave her a wink and she cringed in response. After sharing a short laugh together, Jinki kissed her on her forehead. “Good night, beautiful.”

“Good night, handsome.” Nayeon said back.

“See you tomorrow.” he said with an excited tone in his voice. He ushered her to go inside, knowing she was exhausted, then left when he heard the door lock click.

With that same smile stamped on his face, Jinki walked to the elevators and waited for the door to open. As soon as he did, he saw a familiar bellboy that triggered a defensive side of him. Glaring at the man in front of him, Jinki stepped in the elevator and pressed his floor. Stefan wasn’t one to feel threatened, but knowing who Jinki was, he knew that Jinki was an unhappy man. Although Stefan was taller, Jinki had more aggression than him thus an evident loss.

There was a thick moment of silence before Jinki spoke. “Stay away from my wife.” he told Stefan again.

“You’ve completely misunderstood the situation.” Stefan defended himself.

“No, I haven’t.” Jinki said, still not staring at him. “I saw how you were looking at her and if there’s only one man who could look at Nayeon like that: me–her husband.” The elevator door opened, stopping at his floor. He turned to the worker, “Don’t let me spot you with my wife. If I see you take a short glance at her, I will have you fired and this entire hotel shut down.” he said then stepped out of the elevator.


super late update but hey guys! it's not edited (sorry it's like midnight here) but i just wanted to write to you guys! sorry for taking so long. anyway:
1.) kahi vs kibum = hilarious
2.) jinki and nayeon has finally reconcile?
3.) joongki, hyojoo, and kijoo are back! but wang is still working although his wife is sick. wth?!!
4.) how did you guys feel about jinki and stefan's confrontation O u O

I missed you guys, seriously! comment and let's talk! I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter