Past Returns

An Inheritor's Marriage

The tension between them was killing her. It had been two long weeks and he was avoiding her, which was surprising. Usually Jinki would have apologized but he didn't. She knew she was at fault but the Jinki she knew would have just said sorry so things would be at ease again. Throughout these past two weeks, he wasn't home often. In fact Nayeon couldn't even remember the last time he came home to sleep. Missing him was an understatement. Nayeon had grown deprived of her husband. She screwed up and she needed to fix what she created.

 

She had two choices: wait until he came home or approach him at work. It was unprofessional for her to try to resolve their problems at his place of work. However she knew he was not going to be coming home any time soon. Even if he did, it would have been a brief visit such as a shower or change of clothing. Not knowing what to do, she took her gamble and waited for him at home. It was a gutsy move of hers, but she waited in his office room. Sitting in his large swivel chair, she waited for literally hours until finally the door opened. Nayeon turned the chair around and stood up.

 

Jinki looked at her with lifeless eyes. Nayeon held her breath, waiting for his ‘What are you doing in my office?’ but instead he turned around and headed to their bedroom. She sighed, “Jinki,” she called as she quickly followed him. He remained quiet and entered their room. Nayeon caught his arm before he could change out of his attire.

 

He looked at her hand then at her, “Yes?”

 

She got it; she got the taste of her own medicine. And oh boy was it bitter. Nayeon slowly took her hand off of him. “We need to talk,” she said much more calmly this time.

 

“What is there to talk about?” he asked as he loosened his tie. He grabbed his towel from the hanger and began to his shirt.

 

Frustration was slowly getting to her but yelling was not going to solve everything. “These past two weeks have been hell for me.” He stopped at the button he was at and glanced at her. She looked at him, “I’m sorry. I’m sorry that I was,” say it, “jealous. Seeing you hold another woman in your arms just made me feel insecure because...” She felt the embarrassment hit her, hard. “Never mind, this was dumb. If you don’t want to talk to me, I understand.”

 

With his long strides, Jinki got to the door before she could and shut it. He trapped her at the corner and looked at her with his strong eyes, “No.” A little smirk was hanging on the corner of his lip. “Continue. How did seeing me hug Sunyoung make you feel?”

 

Goodness. His voice and the fact that his ed shirt revealed his pects and half of his y abdominal area was so tempting she just wanted to pounce on him. She remained strong. “It was stupid.” she looked down, away from his body, “I don’t want to repeat myself.”

 

He inched closer to her and she sunk down in her shoulders as a response. “Tell me or I will force a response out of you.”

 

His spine-chilling, velvety voice made her only want him to do as he said. But she couldn’t allow that. Nayeon took a deep breath, “Seeing you hug her made me feel jealous because you haven’t hugged like that before.” she confessed. She looked at him with round eyes, as if asking for forgiveness. “I’m sorry about everything that I said that night. I was overreacting. The house is lovely I was just spilling out anything that came to mind. To tell you the truth I really missed you. These past two weeks were hell because I barely got to see you.” She looked at him with pure honesty, “I want my husband back.”

 

Jinki lift her chin up and kissed her, toweling falling off his shoulder as he did so. This time she allowed it. With so much emotion and love in, the kiss was a delightful reunion for her. His lips were plump and had a texture that fit perfectly with her smooth lips. She tilted her head and Jinki took it to his advantage. He trailed his lips to her jawline then down to her neck.  She craved her husband, his touch wasn’t enough to fulfill the deprivation. Without even knowing, Nayeon let out a sensual moan and shut her eyes.

 

“Go to the bed,” she whispered as he planted kisses on her sensitive collar bone.

 

Just a few steps away and Jinki found himself laying on the bed with his wife on top of him. She shifted her hair to the left, the iest move he’s ever seen her do, and they presumed their passionate kisses. Placing her hands on his broad chest, Nayeon felt every curve on Jinki’s body. The pit of desires in her was growing more and more. Jinki slowly rose up and Nayeon helped ed the last few buttons on his shirt. He hastily took it off and threw it at the side of the bed. Nayeon took off her top, revealing a hot pink bra with black lacing on the hem. Now he was more than ever; perhaps she had planned this out. Either way, he was loving it.

 

Right as they were going to delve into each other’s lips, her phone simultaneously rang with the many text messages coming at her. Jinki stopped and looked at her, “You should get that.”

 

Nayeon took her phone from her back pocket and silenced it. “Right now you're more important.” She tossed it aside, not even caring if it would shatter. “You always are.”

 

Taegi sighed and looked at her manager. She chuckled nervously, “She’s not picking up but I will assure you that she will get the message.”

 

“She better, this guy is a huge deal. The two of them would not only bring us great fortune, but also more fame and recognition for the two of them.”

 

Kibum entered the room. “What are you guys talking about?”

 

“Nayeon will be modeling with a big shot male model.” Taegi turned to the manager. “What’s his name again?”

 

“Kim Jonghyun. You should know him, Kibum.”

 

He paused, already seeing the face of the model in his head. Kibum could recall the horrific past memories that they had together. “Yeah,” he nodded, “Of course I do. When’s the shoot?”

 

“Well we need to get a hold of Nayeon first. But we’re having a fitting later on today and we’ll see if we can force the shooting to happen today. I want things to go quick.” The manager shooed the two out, ordering them to give her the message.

 

They walked out and Taegi began to murmur curses to Nayeon. It was strange for her not to pick up her phone. Especially when Taegi bombarded her with spam texts like that. Meanwhile Kibum thought about Nayeon’s upcoming project with Kim Jonghyun.

 

So he’s back in the industry. He obviously hasn’t had enough.

 

Eventually they got a hold of her and she seemed much happier than usual. She had a glow around her that no one could really explain. It was established that they would skip the fitting and just go straight to the shoot. As they gathered around the set, listening to the photographer and director give their orders about the concept of the shoot, Jonghyun sent an obvious smirk to Kibum.

 

“I think he’s looking at me,” Taegi squealed to Kibum. He cocked his neck at Jonghyun and gave him a glare. “Ugh, he’s so handsome,” Taegi carried on, “I might pass out. How am I suppose to work on him when I’m fangirling this hard?” she cupped her cheeks in her palms.

 

“Tch,” Kibum scoffed, “Handsome, more like nasty, short, and ugly.” Taegi hit his arm and Kibum lowly groaned. “Ow, what the hell?”

 

She turned to look at the director like everyone else, “You’re so mean, Kim Kibum.”

 

“You don’t know him like I do,” he mumbled so no one would hear.

 

Everyone was dismissed. The two models were getting their make-up done as the others fixed the lighting, etc. Jonghyun was done with his make-up. He turned to Nayeon with a nice smile, “I’ll be going now.”

 

Nayeon smiled back, “Okay, again it’s a pleasure to work with you.”

 

He laughed, “Oh please. Just standing next to you is even making me giddy. It is truly an honor to be working with Moon Nayeon.”

 

Both Taegi and Nayeon chuckled at his response as he left to the dressing area. “He’s so polite,” Taegi sighed as she applied on Nayeon’s fake lashes.

 

“Oh please, model’s courtesy.” Nayeon clarified. “With a face like that, I’m sure there’s nothing nice about him.”

 

“And how would you know?”

 

The fake lashes dried and Nayeon opened her eyes, “Woman’s intuition.”

 

Kibum mixed matched clothes, adjusting each article of clothing on him to see if they fit the concept. Jonghyun leaned on the wall as he watched. He looked around the set and clicked his tongue, “So, this is where Key’s been huh?” He looked at Kibum, “Hiding but still in the industry.” Kibum remained silent, not wanting to say anything to him.  Jonghyun slowly walked to him, “Let me ask you something: have you ed Nayeon yet?”

 

Kibum stopped and Jonghyun smirked.

 

“How ‘bout that cute little stylist that you seem so close with over there? She looks like a little in bed.”

 

“Shut the up, Kim Jonghyun.” he hissed with a deep voice–one that he has not used in years. Cussing was never appropriate, but this was a special occasion. Kibum grabbed the belt and loose blouse from the hanger. He continued to quickly get all the clothes assembled so he wouldn’t have to deal with this bastard any longer.

 

Jonghyun chuckled in amusement. “Why? Scared everyone will know of your scandalous past?” Kibum turned to face him with a solemnly enraged expression. “ing models all day and night. Getting from left to right and eating for dessert.”

 

Kibum shoved the clothes and shoes at the other’s face. “Get out. Now.” he ordered with the same deep voice. His posture was strong and his gaze was powerful. He wasn’t Kim Kibum the gay stylist. Kim Jonghyun brought a side of him that should have been buried and kept buried.

 

Nayeon came in, “Got my clothes, yet?”

 

Like a switch button, he went back to Kim Kibum. He looked away from Jonghyun and fixated his attention on Nayeon. “Think you’re the queen or what?” He went to the other racks, “I’ve got other people to worry about.”

 

The two laughed with each other as Kibum chose her outfit. Jonghyun changed and couldn’t believe how ridiculous the situation was. “Gay stylist,” he looked back at Kibum, “Classic.”

 

After the photoshoot ended, Taegi wanted to treat everyone for drinks at her place; everyone meaning Nayeon, Kibum, and Jonghyun. Much to her surprise, Jonghyun was fine about it–excited even. Kibum helped her bring in the meat and drinks then she began to grill the pork meat.

 

“So Nayeon-sshi, I heard you got married not to long ago.” He poured her a shot of soju, “Congratulations.”

 

She smiled, “Thank you,” she took the shot and poured him one. “Manager Yoon tells me that this is your first photo shoot since your hiatus. What have you been up to?”

 

Jonghyun took her shot with a smile, growing interest in her question. “This career gets to you, you know. I just needed a break; some time apart from this hectic career.” He looked at Taegi, “May I?” he asked, pertaining to the piece of meat.

 

She nodded and he grabbed the pork meat then popped it in his mouth. He continued. “I spent the last six years in Japan. Since I wasn’t marketed much there, I thought it would be the safe place for me to relax. Actually when I debuted, my company had me debut with a fellow model.” he quickly glanced at Kibum.

 

“Really?” Nayeon placed a pork meat in a bed of lettuce. She rolled the meat in the lettuce then dipped it in Taegi's special sauce then put the entire thing in . “Who is he?” she asked with full, “Is he still modeling?” Taegi listened attentively while flipping the meat. Kibum put his chin on the palm of his hand, tired of hearing the man’s bull.

 

He better not drag me into this.

 

“I don’t think so, but he’s still in the industry.” Jonghyun kicked Kibum under the table and instead of yelping like he usually would, Kibum gave the man the same deathly glare. “You can’t lie to them forever, Key.” he bluntly said. “What, you thought you could live up this gay facade forever?” He took sip of his soju, “A dog’s gotta eat.”

 

“Well I’m not like you, thank god.”

 

Jonghyun chuckled mockingly, “Oh you make it seem like we’re so different. Already forgot about the fun we used to have?” He leaned over the table towards Kibum, “Remember all those parties we went to. Smoking weed, sniffing coke, ah those were the days.”

 

Kibum shut his eyes, not wanting to recall any of those memories. Taegi stopped flipping the meat as Nayeon remained silent.

 

“Hey Key, remember that Russian model that we tag teamed? Oh boy did we her up, good.”

 

“Shut up,” Kibum demanded through his clenched teeth.

 

“Oh that night was memorable, wasn’t it. Is that why you stopped?”

 

“Be quiet, Kim Jonghyun.”

 

“Or was it that time you got the STD scare.”

 

“Shut the up, Kim Jonghyun!” he loudly shouted at the man.

 

Jonghyun smirked then turned to Taegi and Nayeon. “You’re an idiot if you believe that he’s gay.” He looked at Kibum, “Key,” he emphasized, “is far from gay.”

 

“Leave. Now.” Kibum said calmly. “Before I bash your head on the grill.” Never has she ever seen this side of Kibum. Ever since Taegi joined the team three years ago, she has never seen Kibum like this–and honestly it kind of scared her.

 

Not wanting a fight to erupt, she turned to Jonghyun. “Jonghyun-sshi, I think its best if you leave. Again it was nice meeting you.” she grinned.

 

Jonghyun stood up and bowed, “Thank you all for your hospitality.” He turned to Taegi, “Thank you for letting me into your home.”

 

Taegi nodded, kind of regretting it. “Have a good night. Drive safely.” She escorted him out then quickly walked back to her friends.

 

“Kibum,” Nayeon looked at him, “Would you mind telling us what all of this is about?”

 

So much was told already. He might as well tell them the whole story. He looked at them and dryly chuckled, “You all must think I’m some type of phony now huh?”

 

Taegi looked down in her lap but Nayeon shook her head. “Never, you will always be Kibum to me.”

 

“Well for starters, I am not gay. Just a great actor.” He took a deep breath. “Six years ago, I was a model under the name Key. I debuted with Jonghyun under this big shot modeling agency and our fame was practically handed to us. We came in as humble boys wanting to follow our dreams and we became monsters on the way. By the fifth month, we got involved with drugs which lead to our excessive lives.” Kibum held a disgusted expression as he was recalling all these memories. “It was as if every meal we had, it was followed by . It was to the point where when I finished a photoshoot or an event, I’d have to a girl from there just because I wanted to.”

 

He took a long gulp of soju and continued. “One morning I woke up next to a woman and like every other morning, I would walk away from her and leave to go pee. It stung and I knew something was wrong. I freaked out and told Jonghyun.” Kibum shook his head and scoffed, “er laughed at me then forced me to go to some random doctor to get tested. Came out negative, thank god, but that was it for me. I knew all of this had to stop. Thanks to our company, we never had to have for our jobs, but was already such a large foundation of our career. It was just so insane how fast thing were moving for me. I was impulsively engaging in things that I knew were awful, yet I felt so empowered at the same time.”

 

“Tell us about the girl in Russia.” Nayeon put her hand over his as she saw how uncomfortable he looked. “Come on, Kibum. We don't judge in this friendship.”

 

He shut his eyes and rubbed them. “That year, fashion week was held in Moscow and we were chosen to go. After walking, Jonghyun had managed to get her into a .” Kibum began to shake and he began to tear up. “He was just too rough with her. H-He choked her and tied her down and–and she nearly died. But then I gave her CPR and–” he struggled and cried in his hands. “That’s not me anymore, Nayeon.” he told her. He looked at Taegi, “It’s not. I’m not that disgusting person anymore. I–”

 

Nayeon enveloped him in a hug, never seeing him so vulnerable before. “No you’re not. I don’t care what you were before. You are a better person now, Kibum.”

 

Kibum pulled away. “After that I pulled out of the modeling industry. I was only there for a year so it seemed like I got lost in the other sea of models that didn’t make it. With the help of Manager Yoon, I was able to get back on my feet and here I am. He suggested that it would be best if I acted as a gay man to fit the stylist stereotype.”

 

Taegi looked at him with a sour expression. She couldn’t believe it. It was a lot to process but she was just glad that he was being honest with them but at the same time she felt so deceived. She felt for ridiculous for falling for Jonghyun’s innocent act. She chugged the rest of the soju bottle, hoping it would help clear her mind.


Woah, isn't this chapter a lot to process??!! It's crazy isn't it? Okay let's start off with Jinki and Nayeon. Damn don't we all wish that happened more often ahaha at least we know they're on good terms now. Now with Jongkey. So Key's not gay and Jonghyun is a crazed lunatic. Did I make you think that they were together? XD Do you feel bad for Kibum? What's your guy's thought about his life?