Sweet Words

An Inheritor's Marriage

Her eyebrow flinched as she the sound of someone knocking on the door finally caught her attention. Knowing that her roommate was both lazy and a deep sleeper, Nayeon got up to open the door. Putting on her slippers,  she looked at the time.

 

“It’s eight o’clock; is she feeling generous this morning?” she contemplated about her boss. The knockings weren’t loud and demanded. They didn’t shout ‘Get the hell up or you’re fired!’ Instead, it was cautious as if the person was afraid that they would wake her and Taegi up. She opened the door and her exhausted eyes widely gaped at the person in front of her.

 

“Jinki?”

 

To be frank, he looked like an adorable old man. A cute yellow hat fit perfectly on his head. His hair was flat without any products to slick it up or style it. With his hat and his natural hair, he looked so carefree and youthful. His usual suit and office chic attire was instead a pastel yellow polo shirt with a blue collar, and a green sleeve. To top off his outfit, he wore green shorts and a pair of sneakers. Nayeon couldn't help but smile at him. It was refreshing to see him like this. So casual and relaxed, it brought a smile to her face.

 

“Good morning, Mrs. Nayeon.” He handed her the warm to-go cup of hot chocolate in his hands, “Here's some hot chocolate to start your morning off. But don't tell Park sajangmin about it though.” He whispered the last part. “Tell Taegi to get up. In fifteen minutes you guys will be heading over to a place for the team bonding.”

 

Before he could leave, she stopped him. “What are you doing?” she asked, referring to his clothes, the morning beverage; everything.

 

He stood up straight and saluted her, “I’m the new guy, Coordinator Lee.” he said proudly.

 

“How?” she asked. The events from last night still hung over her train of thoughts, but him acting like this was making it seem too sudden. Yesterday he was a man of anger and passion, today he was a bubbly associate.

 

“If we keep talking, you won’t have time to go wake Taegi up.” he shooed her into her hotel room. “Hurry, you have only fourteen minutes now.” Before shutting the door, he poked his head out and gave her a big smile. “I’ll save you a spot on the bus.”

 

After saying his last words, Nayeon paused then shortly giggled. Was that really Lee Jinki? Her husband the millionaire? She looked at the top of the lid and it said:

 

Good morning, my love ♥

- Jinki

 

Written all in black permanent marker and in English. On the area where she drinks the hot chocolate from, he drew a dotted outline of her lips around that hole. With an arrow pointing at the dotted lips, it said:

 

No one gets to touch Moon Nayeon’s lips
except for Lee Jinki and that area.

 

Nayeon laughed, “Idiot. Now he knows how to value me.” She clucked her tongue then sipped it as she walked to Taegi’s room. She stood over her roommate’s messy body on the bed then shook Taegi’s shoulders, “Wake up, we have fifteen minutes to get ready.”

 

Taegi groaned then turned her head to Nayeon. “Why can’t we just rest today?” she opened her eyes and saw the drink in the model’s hands. “Awe, you’re so sweet. You brought me coffee.” Taegi reached for it but Nayeon smacked her arm away.

 

“For my lips only.” she said the turned around to walk to her room. “We have 10 minutes now. You better get ready since you take the longest.”

 

Someone knocked on the door. Already knowing who it is, Nayeon opened it. “Good morning, Kibum.”

 

“Gosh dang, this headache is killing me.” he looked at her cup and like Taegi tried to snatch it. Nayeon dodged him and turned around, walking back to her room. “Sharing is caring.”

 

“Find a spouse to buy you morning beverages.” she hollered back.

Kibum paused. “Taegi-ah, go buy us some coffee!”
 

 

After hearing Taegi and Kibum’s complaint about how much margaritas and shots they took last night, Nayeon wanted to just leave the two and sit elsewhere. Like what Coordinator Lee said, there was a large charter bus in front of the hotel waiting for the crew.

 

“Hurry it up, we’re gonna be late!” Kahi called for the last three.

 

“Why are you yelling in the morning?” Kibum shouted back.

 

“Because you’re the one that needs the most team bonding. Hurry!”

 

They jogged towards the bus and hopped on.

 

“Let’s go sit in the back.” Kibum insisted.

 

“The back is where the bathroom is.” Taegi groaned.

 

“Exactly. Farther away from the boss and closer to the hurling station.” Kibum said cleverly.

 

Taegi wrapped her arm around his and nodded, “Lead the way, great grasshopper.” She turned back to Nayeon, “Let’s go.”

 

Immediately once she stepped foot on the bus, she saw her husband smiling at her. Nayeon tried to push down the muscles of her smile, but it only made it more obvious. She was happy to see him. He had saved the window seat for her – how he found out that she likes the window seat more, she had no idea – and had the same smile on his lips.

 

“I’ll be sitting with Jinki.” she confirmed.

 

“Jinki’s here on the bus?”

 

As they made their way down the narrow aisle, they finally saw him in the middle section of the bus. Nayeon stopped and stood over her husband. Before she could even greet him, a chirpy voice called for her. Nayeon and Jinki looked at the front of the bus.

 

“Nayeon-sshi, come sit with me!” Wendy waved as she barely got on the bus.

 

“It’s fine,” Nayeon declined, “I’ll just sit here.”

 

Kahi boarded the bus and pushed Wendy into her seat. “Shush, you’re sitting with me.” she told the assistant.

 

Nayeon looked back at Jinki. “So can I sit with you or am I gonna have to stand the whole way there?”

 

“If you can scoot your booty over onto the seat, then yes.” Nayeon cocked her head in a ‘are you serious’ way. He laughed then stood up, “Just kidding.”

 

He moved to the aisle seat so she could go to hers. Once she sat down he moved up to sit down. The charter bus began to move and Jinki jerked forward and fell towards her. His hand was on her inner thighs and his face was pressed onto her chest. If it wasn’t for his grip on the seat handle, he would’ve completely impaled her. Nayeon gasped from the awkward position and helped him up.

 

Quickly sitting on his seat, Jinki picked up his hat from her lap. “You won’t report me to boss for ual harassment, right?”

 

“You sure you weren’t just taking the chance to touch me?” she replied back with the same amount of humor.

 

“If I wanted to touch you,” he took her hand and folded it with his, “I would’ve just done this.”

 

Breaking away from his eyes, she looked at their hands. “So,” she hesitantly spoke, “About last night...”

 

He squeezed harder, knowing she was going to pull away from his hands. “I was being rash and I apologize.” Jinki lowered his head so it would be his face that she was looking at. “Nayeon, look at me.” Her eyes looked at his and he grinned, “Hi.”

 

“Hello.” she replied back, reflecting his grin on his face.

 

“Can we talk now or are you gonna keep ignoring my face?” Again her eyes lowered and he knew she was feeling ashamed. “Nayeon-ah,” he said in a hushed, deep voice, “Let’s not be like this anymore. I’m tired of battling with one another. I’ll be the one to surrender.” He kissed the back of her hand, “What do you say?”

 

Like how they were when they first met, they were at square one. Nayeon liked square one. The blossoming love, the nonstop butterflies, but most of all the sweet words that she would never get tired of. Being the amazing man he was, he always found the right words to say.

 

“Of course.” Nayeon sat in her seat and curled her fingers in his hands. “Truce?” she asked with her head on his shoulder.

 

“Truce.” He tied the agreement with a kiss on her head. “Always.”

 

For a while, they watched the scenery of the Spanish land. From the ancient cathedrals to the exquisite buildings, the area was breathtaking. Savouring this moment, Jinki kissed the top of her head again then rested his on top of his. “I love you,” he whispered with his eyes closed.

 

A wide smile grew on her lips. She raised their folded hands and kissed the back of his, “I love you too.” she whispered back. Patting his hand, Nayeon acknowledged that her husband was tired. Perhaps from all the self-reflection from last night’s incident. Regardless, she forgave him. They were past this now. “Sleep.” she told him.

 

His breaths grew long and low and his chest rose and fell at a slow pace. However his hands were still firmly held onto hers. Her man was asleep and it was the most comforting and adorable thing she could imagine at the moment. With her right hand, she took her phone out of her purse and immediately slid the screen to camera. The good thing about leaving early is the morning lighting was gorgeous. Adjusting the camera, Nayeon positioned her phone. Afraid he would wake up, she quickly took the picture.

 

Opening her instagram account, she posted up the photo.

 

nymoon Long time no see! In Spain with my lovely husband ♡♡♡ This time it’s me taking it.
Jinki: 2 | Nayeon: 1  (Finally got a point!)

 

“Taking pictures again?”

 

Nayeon sighed, “How do you keep doing that?”

 

Still with his eyes shut, Jinki tiredly chuckled. “I’m just that good.” He snuggled closer to her and held her in his embrace. “I’m cold.” he said.

 

“I can ask Wendy if she brought a small blanket.” She looked up at her husband; his eyes were still shut. He adjusted their position so Nayeon was resting on him.

 

“No, let’s just stay like this.” he said. And they did. For the rest of the three hour trip.


 

Hearing the sudden outbursts, Ahnji knew her husband was home. Rising up from the garden bed, she took off her gardening gloves and walked towards the door; she wanted to be the first to see her husband.

 

“Hello honey, you’re home early.” she said with a smile. It was almost four in the afternoon. Usually he would be home at ten at night or later.

 

“The audacity–” he grumbled his cursings under his breath.

 

Ahnji took off her gardening hat with a worried expression on her face. “Honey, what’s wrong?”

 

“It’s that son of ours!” He roared. Wang loosened up his tie, shaking in anger. “The day we discuss about the interior of the galleria, he isn’t here.” The butler brought him a glass of water. Chugging it down, he slammed it back down on the silver platter.

 

“Thank you, Seok.” she thanked the loyal butler for her husband. “In all honesty, interior was always Joongki’s thing.” she said frankly in a calm voice. “If you wanted one of your sons there, Joongki should’ve been the first one to come to mind.”

 

“I don’t care! He had no excuse to be gone – especially at such an important time.” He stomped upstairs and his wife followed. “Jinki – that imbecile! Just because he thinks that he’s in charge of this project, he thinks he can leave whenever he wants and have other people take care of it.”

 

“Well sweetie, you don’t know his side of the story.” Ahnji sat on the bed and carefully listened to her husband’s story. “I mean he must have had a reason to be out of country.”

 

“Out of country?” he turned to his wife. “He’s out of country? You knew this and didn’t tell me?”

 

“Well I thought you sent him to go for business reasons.” She stood up, trying to push all the negativity away. “Look what’s happened, happened. At the mean time, you shouldn’t be stressing so much about it. You got through the day and everything’s fine now.”

 

“No it’s not!”

 

“Yes it is.” she assured with her soothing voice. “You just finish getting cleaned up and I’ll have Chae and Ryu make you some soup. Afterwards, let’s walk around the garden together.” She smiled and kissed her husband on the cheek. “Our magnolia tree is blooming, for some reason, and it looks amazing. I also planted some flowers around the area and I want to see what you think.”

 

“But it’s January.” He ed his shirt and changed into a sweater. “Why didn’t you wait until March or April?”

 

“Why not?” she adjust the neckline of his sweater. “I spend my days doing nothing but wait for you. Now I can care for these flowers.” She looked at him, “Aigoo,” she smacked him on the , “my husband is still so handsome.”

 

Wang laughed, her compliments always got him. Although his days was stressful, his wife always managed to try to brighten his day. He leaned in and gave her a kiss on the cheek. “Let’s eat together, okay?”

 

She nodded, “I’ll make you your favorite tofu stew.” Turning away from him, she walked downstairs to help the maids prepare for their meal. As soon as she reached the stairs, a surging pain hit her head and she gasped loudly.

 

“Are you okay?” Wang asked from their room.

 

“No, no, I’m fine.” Ahnji clenched her head and squeezed her temple. “I-I just thought about what to add into the soup.” she lied.

 

“Don’t get too excited now.” her husband replied sarcastically. Wang looked at himself in the mirror, knowing his wife was going to swoon over how handsome he looked. “That woman.” he said with an undeniable smile on his face.

 

Suddenly he heard a loud thud and rolling down the stairs. His heart stopped, already suspecting who it was.


I imagined Onew in his One Fine Day outfit lol

I hope you guys don't mind my constant updates. I've lost and gained some readers becuase of this ahuhuuu but hey, I still have you guys right? Plus some new readers. Hello new readers, don't be afraid to comment and talk to me. I'm really friendly o u o  I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. Here's a rainbow after the long rain storm. IN other words, here's some fluff after all that drama although i dont think this even categorizes as fluff because im so bad at these things otl And here's a better glimpse of Wang and Ahnji's relationship. Doesn't seem so bad after all, right? What, or should I say who, do you guys think that thud is?