Passcode

An Inheritor's Marriage

It was three o’clock in the morning but he was still diligently working. As he reread and reviewed the contract, Wang’s door was opened as footsteps clanked on his finely polished floor. Not even glancing at the person, Wang spoke, “I specifically asked to not be disturbed.”

 

“Did you know that mom’s in the hospital?”

 

“If you didn’t already get the word from Lee Taemin, then yes; I do know she’s at the hospital.”

 

“Then why are you here?” Joongki already knew why his father was here, but he was hoping to hear a logical explanation. It’s been 3 days and he had still yet to see his father in that hospital room; he has enough time to work but not enough time to see his wife.

 

Bull.

 

“Your mother will be fine. This contract, on the other hand, must be polished and signed as soon as possible.”

 

“Do you not care about her?”

 

“Right now is not a good time to play 20 Questions with me right now, Joongki.” Wang was getting tired of all these useless questions. He needed to review all these contracts to make sure there will be stores ready to be constructed in the galleria. Especially for Chanel, the one he was reviewing over and over again.

 

Joongki continued anyway. “Is your work more important than your wife?” He was waiting for his father to respond back to him–may it be a shout or a threat; he just wanted to know that he cared about the situation.

 

Wang remained unresponsive.

 

“Did you know that this isn’t her first time having a ?” For each question asked, Joongki stepped closer to his father. “Did you know that she’s in a pronounced coma right now?”

 

Still, Wang did not respond.

 

“Dad.” Joongki said in a louder voice.

 

Wang stopped writing. Never in his sons’ adult years has any of them addressed him as ‘dad’. Regardless his eyes scanned the words on the pages.

 

“Mom is in the hospital and you’re here pushing all of us away.” Joongki wanted to so badly see his father’s eyes; wanting to read what emotions were fogging those cold eyes of his.

 

“Because she would want me to continue building this empire for all of us.” his index finger and his thumb finger, Wang flipped the page of the thick contract and continued thoroughly reading it.

 

He knew this would be the result. With a disappointed smile, Joongki bowed to his father. “I hope you will at least swing by and watch her.” Fixing the framed family portrait on his father’s desk, Joongki stepped back. “She wants to hear from you, you know. We all do.” he included. Turning his back, he shut the door then walked down the long aisle.

 

Joongki phone rang in his pants pocket. Fishing it out, he quickly answered it. “Hello?” he rubbed his eyes, exhausted and stressed out.


“We’ve been calling him all day and he’s still not picking up.” Hyojoo sighed over the line. “What do we do?”


“Have you guys tried calling Nayeon? Maybe she could get a hold of him for us?”

 

“Alright, I’ll call her right now. Seok said he’ll watch mom so I’m going home.”

 

“Okay, I love you.”

 

“I love you too.” Hyojoo said before hanging up.



 

Looking at herself in the mirror, Nayeon’s day was leading up for this moment. Putting on her earrings, she made sure everything was flawless. Her makeup as minimal in glamorous products and her hair was styled by, yours truly, Hwang Taegi. She wore an elegant white blouse paired with a pastel pink, floral midi skirt and thick-heeled pumps. Since it was pretty chilly out, she wore a beige trench coat to keep herself from shivering all night.

 

“So...” Taegi leaned her body on the door frame as she watched the model prepare herself. She had a bowl of cereal in her hands and swirled the spoon in the cereal. “Should I go stay in Kibum’s room tonight for yours guys’ baby session or...” she shoved a spoonful of cereal in .

 

Nayeon laughed, “Are you seriously eating cereal at this hour?”

 

“Aha!” with a mouthful of half-chewed cereal, she pointed an accusing finger at Nayeon. Taegi quickly sat on Nayeon’s bed and crossed her legs, eagerly wanting the scoop. “So I was right.” Her toes rubbed the bed. “Ahu, last time I will get to be sitting here when it’s still pure.”

 

After putting on her earrings, Nayeon grabbed her purse. “I will assure you that there will be no ual encounters tonight.” Her glanced at herself one last time then waved to Taegi, “Don’t wait up.”

 

“Just in case you take back your word, I’ll be at Kibum’s room tonight.”

 

Nayeon was heading towards the door. “Alright don’t get caught by Kahi.”

 

“I won’t.” Taegi murmured with a full mouth.

 

Once she head out the door, she pulled out her phone to look at herself. “You’re looking beautiful tonight, Nayeon.” she complimented herself, “Good job.”

 

Jinki was a very romantic man; the possibilities of how this date was going to be was endless. How he had reserved the entire roof restaurant just for them would’ve made any girl smile with a radiant warmth. The dumb smile on her face only grew larger by the thought. She was willing to let any problem they had previously end tonight. As a couple, they’ve past a roadblock and were starting anew.

 

Her phone vibrated and the black screen showed an unknown number from South Korea. Normally she wouldn’t pick up unknown numbers, but she thought why not.

 

“Hello, this is Moon Nayeon.”

 

“Oh thank goodness it’s the right number.”

 

Nayeon could remember that voice anywhere. A bigger smile grew on her face as she made her way to the elevator. “Hyojoo-sshi?” she pushed the button.

 

“Nayeon-ah,” the urgency in her voice concerned Nayeon, “please tell me that Jinki is with you.”

 

“I’m going to meet him right now.” The elevator doors opened and she stepped in. Pressing on the floor to the rooftop she continued, “Why what do you need?”

 

“Mom is in the hospital.”

 

The smile on her face faltered. “Mom is in the hospital?” she repeated, afraid she missed something.

 

“Yes, two days ago she had a and she hasn’t woken up since. Doctor says it’s very serious and it will be best if both of you were here. We’ve been trying to reach Jinki but he hasn’t been picking up any of our phone calls.”

 

“I will let him know. We’ll get on the first flight to Seoul immediately. Thank you for telling me, Hyojoo-sshi.” she hung up. The elevator doors opened and the scenery blew her away.

 

Thought it was eight o’clock at night, the Barcelona sky was a breathtaking canvas of aqua, lavender, and crimson. A pianist and a string of quartet was settled at the corner brilliantly playing Chopin’s Nocturne as she entered. The pool was customized to have a decked out walk way leading up to a elegantly styled tent. In the water were lotuses with a candle in them as well as tiny lights bordering the perimeter of the pool. The sheer white drapes exposed their candlelight dinner and her husband waiting for her with a bouquet in her hands.

 

She recognized that smile on his face; it was his smile that said “I am extremely happy right now, my love.” It pained her to see his hard work go to waste, especially at a time like this.

 

As she approached him, Jinki recognized that apprehensive look on her face. Instantly, he knew something was wrong. Once she pushed through the drapes, he put the bouquet down and cupped her cheek. “What’s wrong?” he asked, thoroughly inspecting her face to see what the problem was.

 

“We have to go back home. Now.”

 

His eyebrows furrowed, “Why?” Wherever they went, a problem always arose. Taipei and, now, Barcelona. When will they finally have their time of peace? Before he didn’t mind but after having this evening planned, he was annoyed.

 

“Your mom is at the hospital.”

 

His eyebrows relaxed and his eyes lowered as he removed his hand from her cheek. His heart slowed down and his mouth unconsciously mushed together.

 

Nayeon explained to Jinki. “Hyojoo just called me saying that she had a two days ago. They’ve been trying to call you but I guess you missed it. We need to leave Barcelona now.” Seeing how unresponsive he was, she cupped her his face and gave him an uplifting smile. “Everything is beautiful Jinki, it really is. I love it so much, I wish we could continue our night but we can’t; not at a time like this. Maybe next time we can have our moment, but for now we need to go back to Seoul.”

 

He nodded his head, Nayeon held his hand and together they walked back to the elevator. She turned to the musicians, “I’m sorry but tonight will be cut short. Everything is beautiful, thank you for your wonderful music.” The elevator door opened and the couple stepped in.

 

“I’ll help you pack.” Jinki told her as he pressed their floors.

 

“No, we don’t have time for that. We must pack our own things separately so it will be faster.” Taking out her phone, she searched for the first flight to Seoul. “The fast flight in in forty minutes. That gives us ten minutes to pack our things and the rest to head out to the airport. Don’t worry if you missed anything, I’ll have Kibum and Taegi check and grab anything forgotten.” She took a deep breath as the elevator stopped at her floor. Before getting off, Nayeon looked at her husband then hugged him. “We got this. Everything will be fine, I promise.” she let go then gave him a smile before the elevator doors closed.

 

Her steps quickened as she reached into her purse for her room key. She bumped into someone but was held prior impact.

 

“I’m so sorry.” they apologized at the same time.

 

Nayeon looked at her victim, “Stefan.”

 

Flipping through the catalogue, Aeyoung’s possibilities were endless. “Why not all?” she chortled to herself. Picking up the phone, she dialed Room Service.

 

“Hello, I want anything that’s good and expensive on or off the menu. If I try it and don’t like it, don’t even think about getting a tip. Come as quickly as possible. If it’s not here within ten minutes, you can just go ahead and throw my order to the dumpster, do you understand?”

 

After about five minutes, her impatience was getting the best of her. She stopped pacing around her room, “Where the hell are they?” she asked she she opened her door to look.

 

“Oh, hello Miss–I mean–Nayeon.”

 

That’s one way grab Moon Aeyoung’s attention. Peeking at the aisle she saw the bellboy and her sister talking. “Aigoo, it’s my lucky night.” she prepared her phone in case anything juicy happened.

 

Since it was going to be her last time staying here, she figured she might as well finish what she started. “Stefan wait,” she called. He turned around. “I should’ve told you earlier that I was married. Sorry if I gave you some mixed emotions.”

 

“I understand.”

 

“Miss your order is here.” the Room Service worker came by.

 

“Not right now you idiot!”

 

“But ma’am you specifically asked us to come as quickly as possible.”

 

“And now I’m telling you to leave.” Ushering the pesky hotel worker away, “Put it in my tab!” Aeyoung pushed the cart in her room then quietly shut it. Taking her phone out of her robe pocket, Aeyoung aligned the camera to the two. “That’s right,” she devilishly mocked, “keep talking.”

 

“My husband and I were going through some issues.”

 

“Well I hope you two resolved it. It was nice meeting you, Nayeon.” As usual he took her by the hand and kissed it. He leaned towards her and kissed her on the cheek.

 

Click.

 

Stefan pulled away and looked around. “What was that?”

 

Nayeon’s eyes were already looking directly at where, or whom, it came from. “Aeyoung,” she hissed. She looked at the bellboy, “You should leave.”

 

Nodding, he left her. Walking down the aisle, he saw a woman pressed up against the corner of her door wearing only a robe. Naturally he asked her if she needed help but she rudely declined him with a wave her her arm. As soon as he entered the elevator, Aeyoung sighed then stopped huddling in the corner.

 

“I thought I put this on silent.” she quietly mumbled to herself before returning to her room. Suddenly her hair was pulled back. “Ah!” she cried, “What the–” she choked on her words. “Nayeon-ah.” she tried to chuckle it off.

 

“So it was you.” The model felt a calm bursting of anger slowly begin to consume her. The grip on her older sister’s hair only tightened and her strong stare on her damn phone could have ticked off any bomb. “You were the one that took those photos of me and Stefan and sent it to Jinki.”

 

“Wh-What are you talking about?” Aeyoung tried to twist her way out of the grip, but failed once it only made it hurt more. “Ah ha ha, this hurts.” she whined. “Nayeon-ah please let me go. We can talk.”

 

Letting go, Nayeon roughly shoved her sister’s head against the door.

 

“Moon Nayeon!” Aeyoung exclaimed, “I am your older sister!”

 

“Oh, you say that now.” The model replied calmly.

 

Snatching the phone from her sister’s hand, Nayeon swiped the screen and accessed all the photos of her that were taken. Not wasting a moment, she deleted all the photos from the Camera Roll and iCloud. Quickly accessing the messages, she deleted Aeyoung’s conversation with Jinki that contained those photos. Feeling her impulse hit her, Nayeon set a passcode onto the phone; a code that Aeyoung would never have guessed or known – her birthday, 0724.

 

“What are you doing?” Aeyoung lunged towards her younger sister.

 

Turning off the phone, Nayeon pushed her away and threw the phone at her once the code was successfully put in. “Stay out of my marriage.” she said before she walking towards her room and pulled out her key.

 

Aeyoung her phone but saw that she needed a passcode to get inside. “This ing–” turned to Nayeon, “What did you do? Are you ing crazy?”

 

Nayeon unlocked the door, “Nope,” she calmly said, “Just teaching you to add a passcode.”


Hey guys what's up! I hope you guys are doing great! I've been extremely busy with university enrollments and everything so I apologize for my lack of updates. But hey here's the chapter that many have been waiting for. Nayeon finally got back at Aeyoung and I donut know about you guys but I feel pretty satisfied by what she did. Hair pulling, passcode changing and all the good stuff = YAS NAYEON! Poor Jinki si so bummed out about their date. And Wang, Wang, Wang. Smh.

Comment down below! I miss all the feedback and conversations that I had with y'all TT^TT