The Wedding

An Inheritor's Marriage

Chunah looked at her watch, seeing that the wedding was precisely five minutes delayed. “What is taking them so long?” She stood up and walked down to the hallway where the coordinators' rooms were. 

“Jo Chunah, it's been a long time hasn't it.”

She turned around and saw a tall man just her age. Chunah smiled, “I'd like to say so myself, Choi Moogyu.” She scanned at him from head to toe, seeing how he's aged perfectly. “How long has it been? Twenty-five years?”

“About so,” he walked towards her, “You're looking very fine yourself.” He walked up to her and trailed his fingers down her arm, “Perhaps too fine for a woman your age. I'm guessing you attract much attention from younger men.”

She looked at his playful fingers with a flirtatious smirk, “We must be thinking the same things today.” She took his hands away, “Aren't you a bit too touchy, I'm sure your wife wouldn't like you doing this.”

He chuckled, “Does your husband know of your friendly service, or is it something he condones.” Her hands brushed on the collars of his dress shirt. “Do you flirt with all your guests, or am I just lucky?”

“It's just you,” she assured, “Lucky, lucky you.”

“Jo Chunah.”

She turned around and saw her husband, “Hello honey,” she pushed herself away from the man and smiled, “Guess who I ran into.”

Moogyu bowed at the other man, “Hello, Moon Kyungjoo, it's a pleasure to see you again.”

Kyungjoo stomped to his wife then grabbed her by the arm, “Your daughter's wedding is about to start.” He ignored Moogyu and tugged his wife to the main floor. “You must be ing kidding me,” he growled under his breath.  They reached her spot and he sat her down with everyone else.

“What? I was only saying hi,” she responded back in a whisper. 

“Had I not come, you would have been bent over a stall being rammed from behind, you filthy .” He snarled. “Remember that you're at our daughter's wedding. It's been twenty plus years. Stop with your childish behaviors and grow up, Chunah. You're a mother, not a single woman. Keep that in mind.” He stood up and walked back to the bride's room to walk Nayeon down the aisle. 

Chunah looked at her hands then fondled with her wedding ring, “Our daughter, right?”

 

Nayeon looked at herself in the mirror with a gloomy expression. Taegi put the curler down then grabbed the hairspray, “I know you're tired but it's your wedding,” she sprayed some in the model's hair, “You should be smiling.”

“I'll smile when I step out there.” Nayeon sighed, “For now I'll remain like this.” She shut her eyes, “Hopefully it'll be over soon.”  

The past two weeks had gone by too fast. She dreaded the day, even though it was meant to be every girl's dream: their wedding day. Everything had been planned out by the best wedding planners for the perfect and utmost extravagant wedding. 

Taegi sighed as she shook her head. She parted a section of Nayeon's hair and curled it with the curling iron, “You're never satisfied.”

“The dress is so pretty,” Kibum commented. He turned to the two ladies, “Honestly, you're just being stuck up and ungrateful. You have the wedding that every girl's dream of yet you're here moping around how terrible everything is.”

Taegi slapped Kibum on the arm, “Stop.”

“No, I'm being serious. The girl needs a reality check.” He looked at Nayeon, “Think of this as your chance to escape your ty family and start anew. I'm sure Lee Jinki is a nice guy, and if he's not,” Kibum smirked, “Spend all the money that the bastard's got.”

The door slammed open and her sisters appeared. Taegi quickly turned her full attention to fixing Nayeon's hair as Kibum rolled his eyes preparing for the fest that had arrive. 

Aeyoung grimaced at the room, “Why is it so small?”

“Are you talking about the room or that awful dress of yours?” Kibum quickly shot back at her.

The girl gasped, “Do you want to get fired?”

“If I say yes will you leave the room?” Kibum scanned her with a repulsed expression, “Seeing that on you is even making me suffocate.”

Chanyeon hit her sister before she could verbally strike the man again. “Stop,” she ordered. She walked to Nayeon and scanned her younger sister. She always wished to have an exquisite wedding like hers, but it failed to be granted to her. Since she was inherited the mall, her entire life was devoted to the business. Nayeon looked at her eldest sister, hoping to head a nice comment from her. 

“You're on in fifteen minutes so try to hurry.” Chanyeon pulled Aeyoung away and they both left the door. 

Nayeon felt her high spirit fall lower than it was before. Taegi noticed and pay her on the back, “Don't stress too much, you look amazing; you should feel amazing also.” Nayeon nodded but knew this day was going to be full of acting. She stood up at Kibum handed her her dress.

“Your frown is making this dress look depressing.”

She laughed at him, “How about now?”

“Much better, but now try having it on throughout your wedding.” He adjusted the dress and helped her put on her shoes. Taegi fixed her updo and smoothed her side-sweptn bangs to the right. As soon as they were finished, they looked at the bride and gaped at her beauty.

She has walked to the vanity table to “How do I look?” She asked them as she put on her earrings.

Her mother-in-law walked into the door and looked at her, “You look absolutely beautiful, dear.” She walked to Nayeon and hugged her, “But your neck is looking very .” From her purse, she brought out a velvet box. She looked at Nayeon with a smile, “Allow me to help you with that.”  She approached Nayeon then opened the box to reveal a luxurious necklace. With rich and pure diamonds decorated and embedded around, the jewelry hung with royalty and utmost elegance. “This has been passed down the Lee family for generations. I had worn it, Hyojoo has wore, and now it is your turn, my beautiful daughter-in-law.”  

Nayeon gaped at it, “Thank you so much, eomoni.”

Taegi and Kibum stood from the back, jaws dropped and eyes wide at the necklace.

“Nayeon could take that to the pawn shop and make millions!” He whispered to the girl. Taegi glared at him then hit him on the shoulder. “Ow, I'm just saying!”

“Turn around sweetie, let me put it on you.”

Nayeon faced her back at the woman as she put her necklace on her. The cold diamond on her warm skin sent chills down her spine and the goose bumps rise on the surface.

“There we go,” she held Nayeon's hands, “Now you can walk down the aisle as a part of Wang Royal Group.”

“Nayeon,” her father knocked on the door quite loudly until he saw the older woman's presence. He quickly put a smile on his face, “It's time, sweetheart.”

Nayeon took a deep, shaky breath. She looked at the woman, “It's time.”

The woman squeezed her hands and smiled, “You look beautiful,” she cupped Nayeon's cheek, “Go out there and show everyone just how beautiful you are.” She let go of Nayeon's hands as the bride retrieved to her father. Nayeon took a deep breath and stopped just right at the doors of the chapel. Already, she could hear the piano playing and the people stand up. The flower boys and girls left, followed by the bridesmaids and groomsmen. She felt her heart thump and pulsate from her temples. She just a few seconds, she was getting married.

 

As she walked down the aisle, Jinki couldn't help but have those memories of him and Minrin flow into his head. Nayeon was no doubt the most beautiful bride that he's ever seen, but it was like his mind had finally given up on the thought and memories of Minrin; as if they were telling him to let go of her and move on—to Nayeon. As she departed from her father and made her way towards him, he looked at Nayeon recognizing her as his wife. He didn't even know her favorite color or her hobbies, yet he was marrying her.  

Nayeon looked at Jinki and at that moment she looked upon every aspect of him. He had a habit of grinning then turning that grin into a heartwarming smile, but she wasn't complaining. She loves his smile because somehow it offered her insurance and security. His features were so soft and gentle, even with his sharp facial alignments, his eyes and smile were so oddly benevolent; she honestly couldn't put a finger on it. Then she noticed how regardless of his straight posture, Jinki's left shoulder was just a tad bit droopy.

She in a deep breath as she stepped foot on the altar to join her groom and the priest. She would sneak glances of him as the priest gave his usual wedding speech. Jinki lowly chuckled as Nayeon would shyly redirect her eyes elsewhere when their eyes met. Even though her face was glowing, her eyes possessed a sense of lost and wonder, like she was unsure of everything. 

“Do you, Lee Jinki, take Moon Nayeon as your lawfully wedded wife?”

He looked at Nayeon's burdened eyes and smiled, “I do, with all my heart, I do.”

“And do you, Moon Nayeon, take Lee Jinki as your lawfully wedding husband?”

She was still in a temporary shock about his response. Nayeon smiled and looked at Jinki, “I do.”

“Then by the power invested in me, I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride.”

Jinki stepped forward slipped the ring on her marriage finger. He gently pulled her veil over her head. He smiled then caressed her lower lip, “You look stunning,” he commented before kissing her lips. With the most gentle motion, he pulled her in and deepened the kiss. He tilted his head and pressed her closer to him. Nayeon brought her hands to his chiseled jaws and rolled her lips with his. He pulled away and swung her in his arms romantically. Everyone whooped and hollered at the couple. Nayeon smiled while waving her bouquet at the audience, honestly feeling the happiness that marriage brought. Cameras flashed as Jinki placed another kiss on her cheek. Both holding hands, they ran down the aisle and into the limo. She sat in the limo and giggled from the thrill.

“Having fun?” He asked her with a huge smile on his face.

Nayeon looked at him then shyly turning away, “Somewhat,” she said with a smile still on her face. She looked at him then sighed, “We've still got a reception,” she nervously chuckled.

Jinki took her hands and gave her a warm smile, “Don't be so shaky, we're married now. We should act like it.”

 

Minho swirled and the wine in his glass. He took a sip of the wine and frowned, “Ugh,” he belched, “This wine is phenomenal.”

His father chuckled at his son, “Control you face and the volume of you voice.” He kept the forced smile on his face, “Remember we're still at a business event.” Seeing another business partner, he left his son to go speak to the other.

Minho rolled his eyes then sipped on the wine again, swishing the beverage in his mouth. “She needs to hurry up,” he grumbled to himself. The doors of the revenue opened and everyone began to cheer. Hand in hand, they walked down the aisle with glamorous smiles on their faces. They waved at the camera and chuckled when eye contact was made and all that crap. Minho groaned and sipped the wine, “How pretentious.”

Jinki and Nayeon had reached to the main floor and were bowing at the audience. Afterwards, many people gathered around them to give them the usual wedding wishes.

“This is getting boring, let's stir things up.” He reached into his pants pocket and pulled out his phone. He dialed a number and impatiently tapped his foot as he waited for the person to pick up.

“Hello?”

“Where are you?”

She sighed, “I'm in the restroom, what do you want?”

Minho smirked as he saw Jinki had out to the rest room halls. “Perfect, I'll meet you there.”

She dried her hands then glared at the phone, “How strange of him,” she mumbled as a rest room worker opened the door for her to leave. She bowed at the worker then tipped her. She walked out, fumbling to zip her purse, then looked up. She made eye contact with the person and stopped in her steps.

“Lee Jinki...” she gasped.

Jinki looked at the woman and couldn't pull his stares back. The woman that has been controlling his mind was right in front of him. Just when he had forgotten about her, she came back into his life.

“Hwang Minrin?”

He took a step to somehow prove that it was truly her. Jinki scanned her; she hadn't change one bit. She still looked at youthful from when they were teenagers except she was a lady now. However she looked very thin and malnourished. Jinki's eyebrows furrowed upon seeing her physical condition.

“I see you two have met.”

Both turned around and saw Minho. Minrin looked down, unable to look at Jinki. Jinki's eyes remained emotionless from seeing the man. Minho chuckled at the two, “Why so serious? What's with this tension?” He faked a shiver, “I feel it all over.” He held an open smile on his face with his arms apart. He sighed from their empty response, “Oh come on, you guys .”

“I should've known,” Minrin sighed under her breath.

Minho looked at her, “Oh excuse me, I'm so rude.” He held Minrin in his arm, she resisted his touch but his strength dominated. “Lee Jinki-sshi, this is my fiancé Hwang Minrin.”

Jinki looked at her, seeing how she avoided his eyes. He straightened up his posture, “Congratulations, I will surely attend your wedding.” He turned to Minrin, who was hesitant in making eye contact. “Thank you for coming to my wedding, it was nice meeting you.” He bowed at the two then headed to his destination.

As soon as he passed, Minrin roughly pulled away from Minho. “I should've known something was up when you refused to tell me who were the hosts.”

“I thought you said that you two had something.” He looked at his fiancé, “He made it seem like you two were strangers.”

“Minho, stop.”

“Maybe you weren't as important to him as you thought.”

“Shut up, Choi Minho!” She shouted at him with tears her flickering eyes, “You force me to reveal the deepest most vulnerable memory that I have then you use it against me?” She shook her head, “You're a bastard you know that?” She walked away from him. Minrin wiped her tears as she walked out of the venue and stepped into her car. She sat in the driver's seat for a minute, then cried in her hands.


Hm, shall we talk about Nayeon's mother? Not only is she evil but also very....” friendly“. Jinki's mom is the ideal mother-in-law right? Mom's nice but father's a mess, bless your soul Jinki. How was the wedding? I've never written a wedding scene before so I hope it turned out well. Anyway, so in this chapter, all of the main characters were included. Don't we all love Key? Cos I do. Do you guys feel bad for Chanyeon? Minrin and Jinki finally saw each other after almost 10 years! Thanks to Minho. Should we be grateful or sympathetic of Minrin?