When everyone's confused with their own feelings

I Always Love You II

Chapter 30

 

“I think about you all day. But I still don’t know what to do”

--

Soohyun’s POV

 

“Hey Soohyun, wait!”

 

That one wondrous morning, someone greeted me early in the morning when I just came. I could already guess who it was by her voice.

 

By the way, who would come to school this early besides Lee Jieun?

 

I stopped, being considerate towards her although I really want to ignore everyone today. I seriously got no mood. And talking and thinking about people seriously is the last thing I wanted to do.

 

“What?” I turned , giving her a blank face. Hopefully she gets I don’t want to talk to her at the moment, and politely leave.

 

But knowing the kind of girl she is, of course she won’t. I should’ve guessed.

 

She pulled the upper of my arm to turn me completely  , facing her. “ What’s wrong with you? You’ve been so weird lately “ she got straight to the point.

 

I scoffed. “Ask your friend “ I said and looked away.

 

IU was left dumb founded . “Whaa- “ she was about to speak but Soohyun just simply turn and walked away. Her forehead hardened as she watched him.

 

“Oi !” Jonghyun poked her from the back and she jumped. “ Yah “ she said but didn’t scold him for it, even Jonghyun found it suprising. “ What’s up with him? “ she said, jerking her chin towards Soohyun who by that time, already turned to a corner and disappeared from their sights.

 

Jonghyun laughed when he knew she meant Soohyun because he remembered their chicken ‘date’ before. “What did he say to you? “ he asked.

 

“He said ask your friend. Did he meant Suzy or you? “ she said, turning to look at Jonghyun who was so close to her that time. She didn’t flinch although they were inches apart. However, Jonghyun did went a step back. “Aww , does Jieun see me as a friend? Ï thought she hates me “ Jonghyun said, in a very screeching voice, purposely to annoy her.

 

IU raised her hand and in reflex her jumped further from her and hold up his hands in defense.

 

“Idiot! Then why did I let you hang with me if I don’t see you as a friend? “ she raised her voice at him and left him there.

 

“ IU. IU ! “ he called after her but she ignored him , feeling rather annoyed. “I was just joking! “ he shouted but she feigned ignorance.

 

He chuckled.

 

Did he just saw her sulk and blush or was she really just angry?

 

Jonghyun found it very amusing.

 

--

 

At lunch, Jonghyun quickly took his tray and sat in front of IU in the cafeteria before someone else take the seat. IU looked up and glared when it’s him. He gave her a toothy smile which she rolled her eyes at.

 

Soon, Jiyeon and Eunjung joined in with them at their seats. Jonghyun eyed Eunjung’s strawberry and took it . He immediately popped it into his mouth and grinned at her. Eunjung scowled, clearly annoyed by him but she just brushed it off because it happened a few times already.

 

Then , he playfully made a move to take Jiyeon’s but she grabbed his hand and glared at him with a warning , “Don’t you dare!”

 

He chuckled. How he loves teasing the girls.

 

Soohyun passed by their table and called for him. “Kim Soohyun! Come sit with us “

 

Jiyeon flinched but no one really sees it. She covered it well. Soohyun stopped and looked at him. “Don’t you want to share chickens with me again? “ he said jokingly.

 

Soohyun glared at him since he thought Jonghyun had spilled the beans to the girls so he left grumpily.

 

“ Oh? Did I said something stupid? “ he said.

 

“Everything you do is stupid” IU commented which Jonghyun scoffed in return. “ Can you just focus on your food rather than disturbing someone else? “ Eunjung said as she shook her head.

 

“Fine , fine” he surrendered and just support his chin on his hand while looking at other people in the cafeteria.

 

 

The girls left together after lunch since they gave him that ‘Going to the bathroom’ excuse.

 

“ How could they leave me alone” he thought. He turned into a corner and bumped into Taecyeon. They haven’t talk for so long already ever since they changed classes, and of course since he and Suzy used to date.

 

“Jonghyun. I haven’t talk to you in ages man! “ he said ethusiastically. He gave a straight smile “ Yeah… “

 

Suddenly, a pair of hands wrapped around Taecyeon’s torso and a head popped from the side “Taec! Did you run from me? “ the girl said ever so endearingly.

 

Jonghyun lifted his left eyebrow at the hands. Taecyeon started became nervous and pulled her hands off slowly. The girl pouted as she came next to him until she saw Jonghyun. “Omo, I didn’t realize you were there!” she said in a high tone.

 

“She always talk like that didn’t she?” Jonghyun thought. “Hi Jjong “ she said in a cute voice and wave at him. Jonghyun replied with the same smile, mimicking her although she didn’t seem to get that.

 

He turned to Taecyeon “Your new girlfriend ,huh? “

 

“N- “ he was about to replied but the girl interrupted  ,”Yes!” she exclaimed excitedly. Taecyeon’s face looked troubled somehow but he didn’t say anything.

 

“I didn’t know that. Congrats though” he said and grinned at them again before leaving.

 

“Bye Jjong!” he heard she said but he didn’t look back. He just waved his hand, back facing them and grinning to himself.

 

The girl was Nam Dajung. She used to be Suzy’s best friend when they first entered high school. Of course Dajung was in his circle group of friends too that’s why he knew her. Dajung was wild and free while Suzy is always restricted by her parents so she couldn’t follow her whenever she goes to her friends parties who are always way older than them.

 

They drifted apart since then because Dajung found her group of friends that are just like her. Glamourous, wild and free.

 

They’d greet each other whenever they bump in the hallway but that’s it. Suzy was indeed sad when Dajung was no longer close to her but she moved on from it since she already had IU with her.

 

 

 

A/N : I was listening to Dumb Dumb by Red Velvet while writing this. That song is LIFE. I love that song so much , it’s so fun and catchy. I had to read a few chapters back so that I can remember the pace of this story. So bad of me.  I know it seems weird cause of the POV heheh. This seems like a filler chapter but it's not :)