When a girl is making your boyfriend her prey

I Always Love You II

Chapter 22

" I want to try making things right, because picking up the

pieces is way better than leaving them the way they are "

***

 

It’s been like his daily routine, hanging out at Suzy’s house after school. Suzy is still feeling down and he tries his best to not show his selfishness . The fact that the girl he has a crush on having a fight with her boyfriend couldn’t amuse him any better. He’s very sure if Suzy founds out about this, she’ll probably will end up  hating him.

 

When Suzy shut the door of her house, as usual they walk pass the kitchen to go to the stairs. That moment, Sulli’s voice echoes “ Oh, you’re home?” she asked, somewhat flat. It’s as if she’s mocking her. Sulli put down the banana she’d eaten and walk around the counter to get to her sister. Suzy watch her actions with judging looks. She leaned against the door frame and look at her sister and his friend. “ You guys do hang out a lot , don’t you? “ she said, with a smirk.

 

Suzy’s inside ticked off. “ Yeah, why?” she replied.

 

Sulli chuckled and glanced at Key “ Nothing. It’s just that .. “ and return her gaze to her sister “ You’re really attached to guys “ she said and walked off . She didn’t forget to give a smile to them both. Suzy scoffed while standing still. Somehow , she felt like everyone is pushing her away. She felt hurt and annoyed.

 

“ I’m sure your sister doesn’t mean anything “ Key settled. Suzy sighed and shook her head “ Yeah, let’s go “

 

 

 

When they reached upstairs, she put down her bag and sigh loudly. “ Why is this happening to me?” she questioned. Key approached her and hold her shoulders,making them face to face. He examined her troubled face. “ Look here Suzy “ he spoke and her eyes trailed up her face to his eyes.

 

He gave her a sweet smile. “ You shouldn’t burden yourself with this. It’s not worth it” he said bravely. Then he let go of her shoulder and walk around her room.

 

Suzy frowned and for one moment she felt mad. Key doesn’t understand her. : You don't understand " she blurted and shook her head.

 

Key turned to her with a serious face. " Yes, I don't understand. What did you fight about ?" he asked. When Suzy looked at him , he raises his brows. She gulped and answered " About you "

 

Key laughs. " I knew it. " he said . " You knew? " she asked, a gush of guilt wash over her.

 

" Yeah I knew. And now what? You're gonna stay away from me now? " he snapped, waiting patiently for her to answer. But she didnt. All she does was stare blankly to the air frowning so he approach her.

 

" I'm not you're not gonna do that right? You're the type of person who won't do something just because someone ask you to do it " he said.

 

" How can you be so sure ? " she voiced without looking at him.

 

He smiles " I just know "

 

" He's my boyfriend " she said again. Stating the clear fact in case Key forgets.

 

He sighed and simply said " I know "

 

" You're not much of a help you know " Suzy said and he laughs. " You're suppose to comfort me , be nice to me " she said again. He chuckles and pats her head " I am helping you not to lose yourself to someone " he blurted and Suzy frowns " I'm not losing myself to anyone " she walked away.

 

He sighed " Okay .. " He picks up his bag and approach the door. Before he leaves he called her .

 

She turns " What ? "

 

" You should remember , if he really loves you , he won't control you from meeting your friends " he said and leaves without another glance leaving her standing in the middle of the room, thinking.

 

***

 

A knock is heard on his door but he doesn't feel like responding at all.

 

The door opened and his mother face appeared " Hey sweetie " his mom called out sweetly. Even after years, she still calls him that, not that he doesn't like it. His mom approach him who is staring at the white ceiling with his arms behind his head. He doesn't know how long he's in that position. He could feel his arms are feeling numb by now.

 

His mom sat beside him on the bed and his hair. " Soohyun, are you okay ?" his mom asked gently. He sighed " I'm fine mom " he replied .

 

" You've been like this since last 2 days , I'm worried if you'll get sick "

 

" I won't get sick mom, don't worry " he said without looking at his mother. Her mom sighed and kept his hair. " Well I came up to tell you that your friend came. " she said.

 

That caught his attention and this time he glanced up at his mother. " Really who ?" he asked boredly. He doesn't know he has 'friends' who will come to his house. He had some before, but now, not anymore. He doesn't feel like anyone even wants to be friends with him and he chose not to think about it. Everything always never work out for him especially relationship. The only thing that is still with him is his lovely mother.

 

His father left him when he entered middle school, he had trouble accepting it and now when his dad wanted to see him he'll avoid him at all costs. He doesn't need him anymore.

 

Now, he's scared that Suzy will leave him. There's just something in her that makes him happy. Just seeing her picture or hearing her voice would make up his whole day. When he thinks about it now, he thinks that he's the one who's screw things up.

 

" It's a girl name Raeha. She said she's your friend at school. " her mom spoke. Her mom thought for a while " She said you guys have to discuss some things for school ? Oh and not to mention , she's lovely. Is she your friend? " her mom trailed off and Soohyun chuckles at his mother's excitement as he sits up. " Yeah, she's my school friend. We're on debate team together for school " he said as he stood up to properly dress himself.

 

" Are you sure you're okay? If you're not I can tell her you're not feeling well " his mother sounded concern and he just smiled at her. " No worries mom, I need to finish my homeworks " he said and walked out of the room to meet Raeha. He didn't expect her to come to his house.

 

His mother smiled and followed him from behind.

 

When they reached downstairs, Raeha was looking around the living room. She was startled to see Soohyun by the stairs. She immediately fix her hair and give her best smile " Oh hi! Sorry to dropped by early in the morning. I just want to talk about the- "

 

" The discussion, I know " he cut her off. Raeha's face changed and she smiled again " Yeah, sorry. I was over excited I guess " she said and give small giggles. Soohyun frowned a little while staring at her. She's too dressed up for a ... discussion ?

 

" Hello Raeha, you guys can discuss in the living room or dining room if you want " his mother spoke. Raeha smiled and say " Don't you have library? I think it's better to discuss there "

 

" Oh, that's nice. We have a library upstairs " his mother said but Soohyun immediately decline. " Oh, no. I want to discuss in the living room. Come on " he said and walked first. Raeha watched his back as he walked to one of the couches and pout. His mother saw that and thought that she's cute. " Aw, my son is a bit hard to handle " she said pityly.

 

Raeha quickly regain her compose and smiled sweetly. " Aniya , omoni. It's okay " she said and tip toed to the couches where Soohyun was already seated.

 

His mother can't help but to smile and disappeared to the kitchen to make some snacks.

 

When Raeha sit infront of Soohyun , she can't help but to stare at him. * Oh my he's even handsome in his casual clothes * she thought and giggled softly. She cleared and try to have some conversation with him " Your mother is very lovely " she said and Soohyun just hum in reply, his eyes focused on the paperworks.

 

Raeha pouted again, disappointed that he wouldn't look at her. She dressed up prettily today to meet him.

 

His mother come and as always Raeha gives her big smile. Soohyun saw it and internally laugh * Doesn't her cheeks hurt smiling too much ?* he thought.

 

His mother put down the plates of snacks and water . She looked at Raeha again and smile happily. Raeha is wearing a flower headband on her head and her hair is black long silky hair.
 

His mother turns to Soohyun " How come all of your friends are very good looking? " she said. Raeha giggled while looking down and Soohyun internally scoffed." I don't know " he simply replied.

 

His mother give one last smile before leaving " Okay, I'll leave you two to do your work . If you need anything just call me okay ?" she said and Raeha excitingly said " Ne!" which startled Soohyun a bit.

 

He knows Raeha is the type of girl that his mother likes. Just like Jiyeon, they're bubbly , cute and pretty. But out of all those girls he's attracted to Suzy only, she's just that special to him.

 

 

 

After two hours of work, Raeha stretched her arms and whined. " Arh, I'm so tired ! " she said loudly. She peek at Soohyun for his reaction but as always , his eyes are glued to the laptop , still searching for important points that they can use. Raeha pout and sighed " You're no fun " she said.

 

Soohyun glanced at her behind his laptop and spoke " You can go back home if you want . I can finish this off " he said. He's honest though, Raeha did do a lot of work. She works like IU . The difference is that IU is more quiet than her.

 

Raeha quickly shook her head " No, no! We should finish this together " she said , waving her hand dismissively. He glanced at her again and replied " Okay  "

 

Raeha smiled suggestively as she stares at him. * He wouldn't say anything if I sit beside him right ?* she thought and giggled.

 

She stood up and Soohyun glance at her *What's she doing?* he thought.

 

Raeha walked around the table that was separating them two and walk to sit beside him. And she actually sit too close beside him for his like.

 

" What are you doing ?" she said as she leans closer to him to get a closer look of what he's searching on his laptop.

 

Soohyun began to get distracted. Not just she's sitting too close for his comfort, her perfume also got into his nose.

 

He sighed quietly " I can do it on my own okay ?" he said, trying to be nice. Raeha turns to look at his face, and she smiled again. " It's okay. That's what I'm here for right ? To help you. We're partners after all " she said and scrunched her nose cutely at him .

 

*Okay, now that is seducing* he thought.

 

He was busy getting distracted by Raeha that he didn't realize the doorbell rang and hisher already went to answer the door.

 

" Oh my? You're here ?"

 

He caught his mom's voice. After a few moments , his mother approached the living room " Honey, someone's here " she said and smiled to her son. Soohyun turned to her mother so does Raeha.

 

Suzy appeared beside his mother with a brown beanie and a brown sweater with white skirt.

 

His heart stopped when he saw her infront of his eyes and she nervously look at him. He suddenly doesn't feel upset anymore that she's spending an awful lot of time with her guy friends . The fact that Suzy make time to meet him on the weekend already mend his feelings. She's here, and that's all that matters now.

 

He was about to smile at her when her face changed. A frown is formed on her beautiful forehead and then he realized she was staring at the girl beside him.

 

*Oh no* he thought.

 

Or not so much. Suzy already had her part of getting him jealous. Now it's his turn.

 

 

***

A/N : Another update, yay! Idk why I was so full of ideas so I decided I should just write them up. I just started writing some for the next chapter so maybe the next update will be soon enough! ^_^

Thanks so much for reading. Seriously it means so much to me and I hope you lovelies will always leave comments because they make me happy so much :D

Tell me who do you ship in this story ? Yes, no ? he he