When you're chatting with your crush who is your best friend

I Always Love You II

“ I love you , even if you don’t love me back “ 

 


Soohyun was fully focused on his self-enrichment book that he didn’t notice IU came to him. IU sighed in pure irritation plus that she’s not in a very good mood. She knocked his table with her fingers, and caught his attention as he slowly looked up. 

His eyebrows go up meaning that he’s asking ‘What?’ 

“ Go Songsaenim wants you to see her at her office “ she said and spun around to leave. Soohyun stopped her “ What for ? “ he asked and she shruggs. He could notice the look on her face , how she looks moody. “ She wants you on the debate team “ she said with a flat tone . He stares at her face while his mind trying to sink in the information.  “ But aren’t you on the team ? “ he asked and she laughs bitterly. “ I quit it “ she said. 

He grew confuse. “ Why ? “ he asked and her face turned darker. “ I just don’t like the new member “ she simply said . He took it as she hates the new member because IU is always cold to people who she dislikes. She let out a sigh “ Don’t mind me , Soohyun. Just go meet Go seongsaenim , before .. “ she speaks and trailed off. 

He looks at her expectantly, waiting her to continue her mid sentence. “ Before that two-face ugly monster blew up “ she muttered and quickly left , completely leaving him in full confusion. What was she talking about? 

Thinking that it might not be anything big, he shrugs his thought off, close his book and walk out of the class to meet the teacher. Who knows might be waiting for him. 

“ Two-face ugly monster ? “ he thought what IU said before , and kept wondering about it.

                                                                                  * * *

“ Really ? Who  ? “ Suzy asked , her big eyes waiting with anticipation. Key immediately looks away. Gosh, what was he thinking. He can’t actually tell her he likes her. That’s utter insane. 

Firstly, they’re friends. If he told him, she might not talk to him again and their friendship will be broken. Which is not in his favourites because he doesn’t want if Suzy stop talking to him. Second, she freaking has a boyfriend . A hot one too. He don’t think he can ever replace his place , although how much he wanted to. These  thoughts are slowly eating up his mind. He can’t possibly tell her right? Well, at least his mind told him not to. 

“ Aniya. Forget what I said “ he mumbled, without looking at her. He started to walk away from her, speeding up so that she won’t catch up to him but she did. Suzy was running after him and stopped him by standing right in front of him. He stopped in his tracks too suddenly, and their bodies are so close to each other that his ears turn pink. Because he felt embarrassed, he stepped back a few steps ; which Suzy didn’t notice his discomfort because she was to eager to know who is this girl ; not knowing it was her.

“ You can’t just keep it in your heart. It might eat you up “ she said . Key mentally face-palmed. She’s obviously clueless about this. “ Well, it already did “ he thought. 

“ You can tell me. Who knows there’s something I can help you with “ she said and gave him a comforting smile which put his rapid heart at ease. But he can’t keep this going on. She clearly had no idea who this girl might be , and she keeps wanted him to tell . Which is impossible because that girl is her. 

He closed his eyes and try to compromise “ Suzy, listen – “ 

She wriggled her fingers playfully “ No no. You can’t avoid me anymore, Kim Kibum. You have to tell me! Come on “ she said as she pulled his arms eagerly to wherever she’s taking him. He can't help but to  smile, he didn't think he could avoid her. Since the day he meet her, he was very sure of his feelings. 

 

"You're treating me ,right ? " Key asked and try to sound like he was joking when the real thing is he really didn't bring his wallet with him today. But Suzy seems to not take the joke as she smiled brightly at him " No worries! All on me " she said as she let him sit first at a two seat table at the end of the cafe. She was still looking so excited as she happily spun around to order for them both. 

He softens as he stares at her side profile while she was ordering at the counter. The way she will put the tip of her point finger on her upper lip when she was thinking, and how she will lean forward to look at the menu. He always wonders if that guy, even notice this small things about Suzy. Because if he didn't, he swear that guy doesn't deserve her at all. 

He was lost in his thoughts when he realized Suzy was already sitting in front of him with a tray of their drinks. " Here you go. I ordered hot choco for you. You like it , right ? Everyone likes hot choco " she kept on talking as she carefully lift the mugs to put it in front of him. " Drink well " she cooed and look at him carefully which he finds strangely cute. She's been like that lately. Whenever he notices they look at each other, he always saw she will carefully look at him, as him if she suddenly look at him, he'll break. 

As if he's fragile. 

" You're treating me like I'm sick " he muttered and gave her a look . " Aren't you? I have to treat you well. In this period, you will get sensitive over little things " she assured and nodded confidently of her own facts as she took a loud sipped on her hot drink , making burn a bit. But luckily it didn't spill onto her skirt. 

He shook his head " Gosh, you're so clumsy at times. Makes me want to take care of you " he blurted as he took the tissue on the tray and leans in to her, to put it on her hands. She was stunned and gaze at him, as Key casually sit back on his chair.

" What ? " after a few seconds he asked. 

Strangely having that stare coming from her was making him uncomfortable, it felt like he did something wrong to her. 

" Aniya. That's what Jonghyun and IU told me . They always told me that " she mumbled and he jerked in interest. " How about your boyfriend ?" the word seems bitter in his tongue, he couldn't make it sweeter when the thought of someone's else holding that title for her. 

He notices she begins to play her fingers over the mug, like the question makes her uncomfortable. " Not really " she replied short.

" He doesn't deserve you, Suzy " he wanted to say it, but it got stuck in his throat. Who is he to say that anyway ? He's just a mere friend to her. A new person she just met a few months. The one who she just grew close to. 

" Yah, we're suppose to be talking about you not about me " she changed the topic, and he was happy and upset at the same time. He ,of course ,out of all topic , he hates that topic regarding her boyfriend the most , although that guy did nothing wrong to him. 

He looks at her for one moment until he break into a sweet smile. " Yeah, let's chat about me " 

If this is the only chance he can stay close to her, then he didn't mind . As long as that guy is not in his way , he could bear it in. He likes the way things are now, and hoped things will stay the same . 

 

________________________________________________________________

Its been a while. keke, since im staying at home for the time being because  of my surgery, i will try and update lots and lots . :)) thanks for reading ! :D