When her best friend is trying to save you

I Always Love You II

" Maybe you are the one ; my other half "

____________________________________________________________________

IU closed the door behind her. Suzy was acting busy smoothing the mattress and pillows to make room for IU for her sleepover. She grinned from behind her. No matter how hard Suzy is going to be all secretive , she's gonna find out. 

" So " she began . She almost burst out laughing when she saw Suzy flinch when she voiced. 

Suzy's hands which were stopped when she spoke, moved again, smoothing the all-nice mattress. IU approached her closely and tilted her head to get a closer look at her. " What did you guys talk about ? " she asked, she made her eyes bigger to show how much she wants to know. 

Suzy glanced at her nervously. " We talked about nothing " she murmured.

IU pursed her lips and nodded several times , as if she's telling her that she understands. She moved away from her and said " So, was it sweet nothings then ? " 

Suzy turned around with scrunched nose " I don't get what you're trying to say " she said and stood properly facing her. She's sure IU got something in her mind and she'll see to what extent IU will do to make her talk. " Well the sweet murmurings on each other's ears like couples always do " she shrugged and Suzy frowns deeper. 

" That's not it " she stated sternly. 

IU focused on her , with serious gaze " Then what were you talking about? Was it serious ?" she asked. Since the change of tone from Suzy's voice , she knew there got to be something in her mind that she want to say but not. She always keep things to herself. 

Suzy was silent for a few long minutes. She shifted around uncomfortably as IU just eyed her patienly. People always need time to open up so she's giving Suzy space for her to think. 

Suzy's mind drifted off to the conversation she had with Soohyun before.

 

" I was jealous and I still am"

" Your friends. They're mostly boys, and good looking too " 

 " What if they're better than me ? "

 " You know that I like you "

" You're my boyfriend after all "

 

"So? " IU suddenly spoke again. Her head snap back towards IU in a quick motion. " Ah , yeah. Nothing actually " she lied. IU frowns at her reply. " Oh come on. Just tell me " she said as she walked towards her bed and sat on it. She looked at Suzy with huge eyes of anticipation. 

Suzy sighed while closing her eyes for a second. She knew she shouldn't keep things away from IU since she's her best friend , but it doesn't feel right. The things she was about to say, doesn't even feel right. 

She walked towards her bed and sat beside IU . IU followed her move with her head thus tilting her head to face Suzy. " Do you know how long we're already together ? " she started. 

IU scrunched her nose and thought. " Months already right ? " she guessed and Suzy quietly nodded. " Why ? " she asked , tilting more to look at her face because Suzy won't look at her. 

" It doesn't feel right . Us " she blurted , making IU's eyes lit up in concern. She shifted closer to her , "Hey, what's wrong ? Tell me" she asked. Suzy shook her head with her eyes closed " No , it's nothing. " she denied , but when she saw IU didn't take that for an answer sighed. 

" We're not like a couple at all " she confessed. 

IU grew even more confused. Everytime Soohyun's around Suzy and vice versa, they look like a match made in heaven, so perfect for each other . She never see Soohyun treating Suzy not right. Those two are always kind of shy around each other that's why they made late progress in their relationship . But honestly from her point of view, they do look like a couple. A beautiful one as a bonus. 

" What do you mean, Suzy ? " she asked gently . She knew there's something that is bothering her mind, and she'll going to find out what and make it right. Suzy always do so much thinking that it ruins her. 

Suzy bit the corner of her lips and with worried eyes she looks at her , IU was ready to hear her. " Can you believe we haven't kiss , once ?" she finally blurted, her face was obviously stating worry. IU was stunned for a few seconds but then she burst out in a silent laugh . " What the hell, Suzy! " she exclaimed as she hugs her. 

" That's the thing that's been bothering you. You're silly " she shoved her shoulder while laughing, making Suzy frowns even deeper. She wasn't joking. That thing , does worry her. She felt insecure. She's a girl and she sees lovers on streets, buses and on TV. But apart from holding hands, meeting each other, she never have any type of 'lovers activities' with Soohyun. And because of that insecurities that was eating her up, she feels that Soohyun is not really into her, like she's into him. She wanted to tell him, and ask him - why he's not making any move like an ideal boyfriend should do. But that will be so embarrassing and who knows if Soohyun will suddenly get annoyed at her and leaves her because of that. 

She knew she should trust him , but she couldn't risk anything. 

Suzy sighed for the upteenth time. " Why is it bothering you anyway? It's normal ,duh " IU said, trying to cheer her up . And she actually thought that was encouraging. Suzy doesn't think so , because she slapped her hard on her forearm . IU yelped in pain " Yah! I was giving you courage! " she said , earning a glare from Suzy. 

She scoffed " Courage that is, thank you very much , Lee Jieun " she said sarcastically. 

IU pouted while rubbing her sore area. " Okay, okay. Tell me about it " she surrendered. She's not very intelligent in relationship herself , and she doesn't think giving love advices to Suzy is going to be helpful. But IU decided to play along with it. 

" Last week my friend asked me about my kiss with Soohyun " she started. IU nodded " Okay..then ? " 

" I changed the topic " she muttered, pouting. She was actually too embarrassed to tell them that she haven't kiss her boyfriend yet, in case they . She is very shy when it comes to love and somehow she regretted telling them about Soohyun, because the girls kept asking her about him. 

IU chuckled " You should've just told the truth. Make things a lot more easier" she said , making gestures with hand which Suzy finds annoying. IU always do that when she's mocking her , and telling her to be more intelligent. " Stop it . I know what I did wrong , okay " she rolled her eyes and dodged her advice. "But that's not the main point! " she exclaimed and pulled IU's hand down to their crossed legs. IU , now, got her full attention on Suzy. " What is it? " 

" I think that Soohyun is bored of me because I'm too naive " she let out her thoughts. IU blinked a few times to register her words in her mind. " Well , it's half true. " she said , puckering her lips upwards while making a thinking face. Suzy's eyes narrowed to her " What do you mean ? " 

IU turned back to look at her straight in the eyes " It is true that you're too naive " she straight forward said it , making Suzy frowns. " But I don't think he's bored of you " she said , and it's Suzy's time to blink rapidly this time. " I could see he's always work hard for you " she explained, answering the question look on her face. 

" He tried to make friends with me and Jonghyun. Although we're not really close still, but we're considered as friends rather than just acquaintances. " she said , now earning more trusts from Suzy's eyes. She still haven't said anything so IU continued talking , " So the thing is , you shouldn't doubt him. It's not good in relationships " 

Suzy looked at her to see if she's speaking sincerely, because IU ,sometimes, can be unsincere - Suzy knew her as a best friend. 

IU was nodding at her with a cute smile , trying to convince her because that advice she gave really came from the bottom of her heart. She loves Suzy , and if being with Soohyun makes her happy , she just wants the best for her. 

Although she does admit, she was actually had a negative feeling towards Soohyun. She actually wanted Suzy to be with Jonghyun, because he's very nice and caring towards her and obviously from the look of it, Jonghyun can make her happy. But when she found out Suzy like Soohyun and vice versa, she felt like Soohyun is taking her away from Jonghyun , and also she doesn't believe Suzy completely happy. She doesn't hate him, but she's not in her favourite list yet. Maybe Suzy is happy with him now, she still can't trust he can do that in the future. 

Looking at how sad and insecure Suzy felt now, it's clearly Soohyun isn't showing her his feelings completely. It's also obvious, Soohyun haven't do anything to make her completely happy to be with him. Seeing how Suzy doubt him, she just wanted to say " Break up with him. He's not good for you" . But Suzy clearly likes him , she can't possibly break her down with those words. 

So instead, she doesn't be herself and risk Suzy's feeling to put trust on Soohyun. 

Suzy smiled " Okay. I won't think like this anymore " she said, all cheerful again. IU smiled back to her widely, her eyes still wandered to her thoughts. 

Suzy pat her lap and it got her attention . " Come on. Pack out your things and put them in my closet . Oh and do you want me to bring some snacks here ? " she said , already standing up. IU took a moment to realize they already changed the topic , and she frowned at her .  " Didn't I tell you, don't eat inside the bedroom ? It will get dirty especially with how clumsy and passionate you are when eating " she scolded her , and all that Suzy can do is grin back playfully. " I'll be here in a sec " and she was gone out of the room. 

IU stared at the slightly open door of her bedroom, where Suzy had disappeared. 

Kim Soohyun, you better make my advice worth it. 

 

 

_________________________________________________________________

Have a Suzy's pretty selca ;) Btw, if you guys watch The Voice 6, can you tell me which team are you in? I'm on team grimmie . I hope she wins though. No hate towards the other contestants , they're amazing as well :D 

And as always, thanks for reading , I LOVE YOU cuties ! ;)

suzy-got7.jpg