When you're torn between two

I Always Love You II

" I saw a shooting star and thought of you " 

__________________________________________________________________________

" Hey! " Park Raeha's squeeky voice was heard along the hallway. She moves with force along the sea of people to get to IU. She was taking out books from her locker with her earphones in her ears. When Raeha came near she rudely pulled out the earphones from her ears. IU huffed angrily and turned to her with a glare. Raeha smirked at her with her wicked face. 

IU gritted her teeth and spoke " What's wrong with you?! " she half yelled as she trying to compose herself. She probably doesn't want to grab any attention in the hallway just because she has to confront this bit- , she means this rude lady.  

Raeha is taller than her so she has to tilt her head upwards to bear her dolled face. 

She was a new transfered student this year and guys swooned over her figure. She's tall, smart, pretty and adored by the teachers. But the thing she lacks is her personality. She always has this snobby vibe around her. She acts all cocky when she's around girls while she's the queen around boys. Since it's their senior year for this year, the whole school kept an extra attention to the seniors and Raeha top the charts in popularity. 

But IU didn't think she's all that great after all. She knew a lot of other great students who lay low. Raeha is loved by the teachers because she's always shows herself. And plus, she's not a natural beauty. She wore plenty of makeup each day , that's why she looks flawless. IU is really sure she never saw Raeha sweat at all. 

" Where's that handsome friend of yours  ? " she asked with a mouse voice, acting all girly and such. IU cringed. 

God, why do I have to put up with this woman?

IU decided to ignore her and closed her locker door " I don't know what you're talking about " she said and made her way to leave but Raeha ran and stopped in front of her which made her stopped. 

Raeha lift her face higher and glared at her " Oh, why are you being annoying again IU ? Just tell me where's Soohyun because I need to see him " she said, pointing her slender point finger near IU's small nose. 

She frowned and her forehead roughen. " Why are you asking me ? " she asked. It's weird for Raeha to come and ask her about Soohyun when she's not even close to him to begin with. They are friends but not close friends. 

Raeha pursed her lips in annoyance. " Why are you acting like this ? It's not like I wanted to meet your boyfriend or something " she said with her eyes bore into her as if she's pitying her. 

IU grew even confused. What is she playing ? 

" Oh! Or maybe you like Soohyun ? " she suddenly claimed. 

With that, IU burst out laughing and shook her head. " I can't believe you can be so unbelievably ridiculous , Park Raeha. Just what are you playing right now ? " IU snapped and that made Raeha shut up. Raeha never got used to IU talking back so that made her quite shocked. 

She cleared and put back that annoying expression on her face. " Well, I need to see him " she said . 

" Then go " 

" Tell me where he is " 

" How would I know?! " IU bursted out. Her same questions annoyed her. 

Raeha suddenly scoffs " How would YOU know ? Of course you'll know , I've seen he's been following you recently and you act as if you don't even like his existence ! " she said , sounding defensive which made IU smirked unbelievably. 

" You like him don't you Park Raeha ? " she asked as she found things had gotten interesting. One thing IU likes about her enemy is that when she could feel the burn. 

Raeha narrowed her eyes to her as IU took a step closer to her tall figure. Raeha put on her arrogant look again and confidently said " So what ? Don't you think we look perfect together ? " she said and smirked.

God, she's unbelievable. IU thought.

IU laughed almost histerically in front of her which made Raeha angry. " Why do you think so? " IU asked with remaining laughters. She could just walk away right now but the thought of making Raeha knows where she stands amused her. 

Raeha smirked " Well .. " she started. IU raised her brows and grinned wickedly. Waiting for her another remarkable remarks.

" We're both tall and hot. We're both have good figures. We're both amazingly beautiful and smart. We're just perfect for each other. Don't you agree ? Unless you actually has feelings for him that's why you won't admit to this " again, she confidently answers. 

It's not even wrong to feel confident but when Raeha is being over-confident with herself, it somehow makes her look so stupid and dumb and just a laughter. 

IU crossed her arms together and smirked again. For a moment she took a look at Raeha from the bottom till the top. 

She has beautiful legs and her body has the right curves. Her wavy shiny black hair perfectly falls down her shoulder and her bangs which makes her face looks a lot more prettier. But she doesn't gives out any fun atmosphere around her which probably makes her not even close to Suzy. 

" You know what .. " IU started to open after a while. Raeha perked her ears immediately. " If Soohyun hear this, he'll laugh at you for sure " she said while smiling. Raeha's face grew red with her remark as she gritted her teeth. 

IU really enjoyed this moment. 

" And by the way. Why would you think I like Soohyun when he's the one who's been following me ? " she said. 

Raeha scoffed " Oh so you're saying that he likes you? Dream on IU. You're nothing that a guy dream of! " she said, feeling all defensive after what IU just told her.  

Ouch, that stings a bit. IU thought. To have someone said you're nothing any guy dream of is not a good feeling. Nevertheless, it's the least she cares about. 

IU laughed again which makes her even redder. Oh, how she suggested in her mind to laugh all day if she can , if that what it takes to annoy Park Raeha. " Man, you just have no shame , don't you ? " she said. 

" Why you bit- " Raeha was about to explode when she cuts her off. 

" He has a girlfriend Raeha. You don't have a chance " she said. In her sentence, it's obvious that she is proud of Suzy to think that Raeha couldn't get a chance to beat her. And also she thought highly of Soohyun to think that Soohyun wouldn't leave Suzy for someone else. And somehow she had faith in her own words. She is very confident those two won't turn their backs on each other, they're just too pure to do that. 

Raeha stayed quiet after that which makes IU wished she's like this for the rest of her lives. 

Cat got your tongue ? IU thought and smiled at her victory. In her mind , she's dancing happily right now. 

Even though she always thought it is so disgusting to have a contact with her enemy she pat Raeha's shoulder in hope that she'll pissed even more and whispered " Don't cry okay ? " as she strode off far away from her. 

" Lee Jieun, you're the best! " she said quietly to herself as she continue giggling alone. She doesn't care anymore if people thinks she's crazy because she just made Park Raeha knows her place. 


***


" Hey , sorry I'm late " Jonghyun pat the back of IU's body when he came to the table. That made her glare at him because it made her surprised. " As expected from you , you moron " she scolded and turns her attention back to her book. 

Jonghyun glared at her without her knowing and Jiyeon shrugg at him as if she's saying " You know how she is ". 

" By the way, IU. I saw Soohyun hanging out with that bit- " Jiyeon almost cussed out when she saw Jonghyun was staring at her and she continued " that girl I mean. " 

Jonghyun chortled at her and she made gestures to punch him. 

That's why he's not coming to this study group. She thought. 

" Damn " she muttered as she took off her glasses and close her books. " Why? Who's this aka girl ? " Jonghyun asked and wink at Jiyeon to mock her. Jiyeon rolled her eyes, Jonghyun is being playful again which once in a while annoyed the hell out of her. 

" I hate her " IU said while sighing. " Yeah me too " Jiyeon said as she leans in the couch of the cafe. Jonghyun looks back and forth to the girls and grew confused " Hey, tell me! Tell me! " he said, while tapping his fingers across the table. 

IU gave Jiyeon a look. Jiyeon pursed her lips and lean closer to the table to tell Jonghyun. " She's Park Raeha " she half whispered. Jonghyun frowned and nodded " Uh-huh. I didn't quite catch that name " 

Jiyeon and IU stared at him and he said " What?" 

" Since when did you not notice hot girls ? " Jiyeon said . IU nudged her and gave her another look. " -not that I think she's hot " she shrugged as she pretends to look at her mug when it's already emptied.  

" Girls, I'm serious. I don't know her. " 

" Well you don't have to because she's a " IU said and Jonghyun looked at her. 

Jiyeon added " Attention seeker " 

Jonghyun leans back in the couch " O.....kay " He actually thought the girls were just being jealous because , you know.. Girls get jealous of their own kind. 

IU knew that look Jonghyun was giving and she waved her hand dismissively " No, no! We're serious Jonghyun! She is a and annoy the hell out of all of us! " she said but Jonghyun still won't believe her. Jiyeon continued " And she likes Soohyun! " she suddenly exclaimed which made her blush afterwards. She looks out of the window to the streets and thank God that IU didn't catch her face just now. However , she knew Jonghyun saw but she chose not to care. It's not like she's in a different situation with him. They're the same. 

" Okay, okay. I get it now" he said. " But you can't just hate on her just because she likes Suzy's boyfriend " he said , the word feels bitter as he spoke it. 

Both girls sighed and shook their heads " It's not like that, okay ? " IU said , still trying to convince him but he stayed quiet. 

Somehow he felt happy that Soohyun's hanging out with another girl. As wrong as it sounds.


*** 


" No,no. It's like this " Suzy leans to Key's side and unknowingly holds his hands. She pulled his fingers and put it to the right side on the potato. Key hitched his breath when she's so close. 

Key is at her house right now. He seeks for her help because he wanted to learn how to cook for her mother. Key's mother got admitted to hospital yesterday because she was really sick and he thought of doing something special in hopes she'll be better. 

Or maybe he did had a tiny another reason to be with Suzy.

" There you go. Now try to cut it slowly " she said , putting her all attention on his cutting. Key can't focus , obviously because his heart is racing on dangerous speed. When Key almost cut his finger for the third time, she pulled his hand away and look at him. " You know what ? Let me cut the vegetables while you do the dishes " she said while smiling forcedly. 

Key pouted " You're angry aren't you " he said while Suzy slowly push him away from the counter. " Why would I ? " she laughed. He tilted his head cutely to her side " Because I'm useless " he said, pouting. 

Suzy was still not looking at him and she kept giggling while cutting the vegetables fast. It's almost late evening and they have to complete it before night because the visiting hours is only until 8. " I'm used to guys like that , okay " she giggled as she put the vegetables into the boiling pot while the colourful vegetables into containers. 

He tugged her shirt's sleeve " Hey, ! " he sulked and Suzy laughed as she looks up to him. She pouted just like he did and said " Why, Kibum ah ~ ? " 

He frowned " You're making fun of me " he said , and followed her when she went to the sink. Suzy continued to smile while ignoring him. " And you admitted that I was useless " he continued. Suzy giggled again " I didn't. You're the one who said that " she said. 

He pursed his lips and sat at the counter, pretending to sulk. But he was secretly smiling. 


***


One thing why he loves to go out with Suzy because outside school, she looks so beautiful in any outfit. Suzy is wearing a yellow summer dress when she accompanied her to the hospital. 

He felt wrong but somehow he felt good. It was as if he's bringing his girlfriend to meet her mother and the feeling is really good. He wanted to be more affectionate towards her like he did to the previous girls he dated but he doesn't want to make Suzy feels burdened so he never tries.

Suzy frowned and slapped his arm when he greeted her in front of her house. " You wanted us to ride a bike ?! " she half yelled and stared at his bike. Key grinned from ear to ear when she's  scolding him because she looks so cute. 

Now, he sounded like a love sick fool again. 

" Why you don't like it? " he asked as he get on his bike. Suzy walk closer to him and pursed her lips. She looked down at her clothes " But I'm wearing a dress " she said . Key looked at her dress which went slightly over her knees. 

Suzy felt like he was staring to long and pushed his shoulders " Don't stare to long ! Ugh what is wrong with you! " she said jokingly . 

Key stared at her response and chuckled while brushing his hair. He pulled an extra helmet and hand it to her " Well it's not like there's anything to look at " he joked and she glared. " Meanie! " she said and took the helmet. 

Her phone suddenly rings and she struggled to take her phone out of her bag. Key took back the helmet she was holding and stared at her while she pulled out her phone. 

Her eyes grew slightly wide when she stared at her phone screen and she looks at him . Key shrugged and told her to answer . 

Suzy pick up the call and turned around from him. With that action, he already knew who's calling. He sighed and look elsewhere. 

" Hi .... " she started. " Hey , how are you ? " he asked , his voice sounded tired. " I'm fine. You're okay ? " she grew concerned and heard his chuckles from the other line " Yeah , just tired " he said. 

She notices he'd only call her in late evening and night before sleep and wonders if he was busy. " You're busy at school ? " she asked. 

" Yeah, it's been hectic. There's quite a number of activities. " 

" You should rest " 

He chuckled again " Nah, I'm fine with it " 

" Hrm, okay " then there's this silence like they always do. All they hear was each other's breathing. 

" I want to see you right now. Can I ? " he suddenly asked. 

Suzy glanced at Key who was waiting for her on his bike. They had been working on his mom's meal all evening, she can't possibly ditched him. 

She gulped before giving a response " It's late " she scolded herself for the late response. 

" It's okay. You know how fast I drive " he said with a playful tone. She smiled as she feels warmth all over her body. When she remembers Key again, she shook off that thought. " No, you're tired. It's dangerous " she said , half excuse, half concerned. 

There was a silence and she felt guilty if she had offended him. She felt like the silence was too long for her and she spoke " I'm sorry. Let's meet some other time okay? I can't right now " she said, almost sounded desperate. It's hard to choose between your boyfriend and your friend, because both are the persons whom you love. 

And to think that she'll ditch Key just because Soohyun wanted to see her, she's sure it'll hurt Key so much. Besides ,there's always time to see Soohyun. 

" Why ? " Soohyun suddenly asked, his voice suddenly grew offended and somehow angry. Rather than feeling panic , she just sighed. " I can't , I'm going out with my friend " she said truthfully. 

Another silence. 

She heard Soohyun took a deep breath as he said " Which friend ? " he asked, pronouncing 'Which' rather strongly,through gritted teeth. He felt angry that Suzy is going out with her friend which he believed is a guy. Although he knew Suzy is not 'that' kind of girl , but the thought of her going out with someone else behind his back angers him. 

" Kim Kibum okay? I'm accompanying Key to the hospital " she said. She suddenly felt defensive and annoyed that Soohyun is being angry over this. Thus, Key is her friend, he should understand. 

There's another silence before Soohyun spoke again. " Fine , go " he said before cutting off the line without saying goodbye. That hurt her but she decided to not think of it. 

It must be because he was tired , she tried to think positive. She sighed and put her phone inside her bag again. When she turned around she saw Key was staring at her with a concerned look. " Is everything fine ? " he asked and she forced a smile. " Yeah. " 

She walked to him and took the helmet and wore it. " We better quick " she said without looking at him. He just stared at her and he knew something was wrong. 

They must have fought. He thought. Although he likes it if their relationship is not going well , he hates to see Suzy sad. That's the least he wanted. 

Before Suzy got on his bike. He opened his jacket and wrapped it around her waist to cover her thighs and lap when she's on his bike. She muttered a thanks and with the help of his body she got on his bike and hold onto his shirt. And they drove off to the hospital. 

She thought that she'll get over it once she spends some time with Key and his mom at the hospital. But she can't get over it until she came home. And that night before she sleeps , there's not even a call from Soohyun. 

 

____________________________________________________________________________

18/7/14 

I'm very sad of the tragedy of mh370 and now it's mh17. :'( 

Btw, I realizes that comments really makes me happy, so please leave comments you guys, Even if you rant on me I don't mind :D  Thanks for reading , love you guys a lot! ^_^ 

 

ps, sorry i havent update in a long time. Got writer's block because some data I saved had gone missing :( 

New subscribers, THANK YOU and WELCOME. Old subbies, thanks for still staying with me. You're the best! :D love yalls