When he starts to open up

I Always Love You II

"They told me that to make her fall in love , I had to make her laugh. But everytime she laughs, I'm the one who falls in love " 

___________________________________________

" I didn't know you have other guests ? " Key bluntly said out of the blue, his eyes fixed on Soohyun. He saw Soohyun's eyes twitched a little , but their eyes are still on each other. It's like they were secretly competing who will look away first -which is pretty childish if you might say. 

Suzy opened to say something but closed it after. It's like she's loss at words as she look from right to left. She somehow look nervous ? But instead she turned back to look at Key since he just talked and gave him a smile " They're here for a surprise visit for me " she said, in a low voice just for him to hear. 

Soohyun obviously didn't like that view. If people d0n't know that she's his girlfriend, they might think Key is her boyfriend and they're all here to gave them a visit for the couple -which is no , because he's here to visit his girlfriend. 

" Woah, Kibum. What are you doing here ? " Jonghyun asked , his faced was confused too , close to Soohyun's expression but less bitter. 

Suzy gulped before finding words to reply. She was puzzled herself for the reasons why she needed to gulp . It's not like she had done anything wrong , right ? But somehow , maybe because of the bitter gaze Soohyun gave her, and also the doubtful look IU and Jonghyun gave her , makes her feel like she had been caught doing something that she wasn't suppose to do , behind their back. 

Key opened his mouth to reply to Jonghyun. He wanted to reply with confidence that's why he looked at them like he's not a stranger or some outsider. He wanted to show them , he is indeed her friend too and he deserves to be here with her, no matter how not pleased they look at him. And also because he somehow felt challenged by Soohyun's presence , who is the boyfriend to his crush. 

But instead, Suzy answered " I brought my friends over for some snacks " she said . It's not a lie though. Key and her did prepared some snacks a few minutes ago . 

" Okay. " Jonghyun said, but his doubtful expression never left his place. " Let's go " Suzy said and walked to them with a plate of snacks in her hands. They make a way for her to go through since they practically stood like walls in front of her. She never made eye contact with Soohyun when she passed right next to him. Her elbow accidentally brushed his arm, that made her hair scream in alarm of the contact. She wasn't scared , she was just nervous and the unpleasant feeling in her stomach everytime she's around him appear again. 

They followed Suzy to the living room , and Soohyun did give Key one last look and it was just a blank look. He doesn't want to look as if he was angry and jealous and whatnot. He's too ego to let it show, especially in front of the guy she came closer with. He could even tell this fellow likes his girlfriend, and giving a look that he's jealous would show that he's weak and let Key wins. He will never do that. Suzy is his girlfriend, no matter how possesive that sounds. 

" Woah , you sure got a few friends over " IU muttered as she put down her back pack beside the couch, resting it closely to it. Onew saw her coming so she made some way for her to sit as he shifted shyly into a polite posture.  He looked over to Suzy and her friends who were standing " I didn't know you invited your friends too " he said, glancing at them nervously. 

" Well, yeah. They sorta showed up for a surprise " she explained again and asked them to take a seat . If there's any. 

Since Jonghyun knows Key, he set down beside him and his friends. Minho and Taemin did paused the game to gave them proper introductions but they mostly get along with Sulli and Soojung . They were too engrossed in their game missions and fantasy. 

" So, um. Soojung said she's here for a sleepover, so IU thought she'd join too " Jonghyun spoke. It did seem like he's the one who did a lot of talking -well considering that he's the least shy when it comes to talking. Suzy didn't dare to look long at Soohyun and IU , because they did look at her with a look that could pierce her head . Their gazes just made her nervous. It's like they wanted to tell her something, but they can't and they won't. Suzy got to admit that she's kinda late at pick up things, so when people are not being straight forward, she might get lost behind and also she will seem like a complete fool. 

" Really ? " she said, but unfortunately that came out not amusing like she had  intended to. IU's gaze on her grew darker , not in a bad way as in hatred ,but in suspicious way. She didn't mean it to sound so unwelcoming, but her nervousness caught up to her and made her that way. 

" Well, that's great then . I missed you a lot. I think I need some girly time now " she said, smiling brightly at IU , and now she's confident that her smile is not forced because it came right from her heart. IU just gave a heartful smile back, and Suzy sighed in relief because the doubtness left her face that moment -and she felt like she got IU who believed in her back. 

 


They stayed till late evening. Fortunately Suzy did got conversations with Soohyun , when they settled in the kitchen to talk. It was a normal talk , nothing sensitive and nothing that made her uncomfortable. It feels like a big feast because they were lots of them in one house and she had to ordered take-outs for them. It was enjoyable. Her friends and her new ones got along well, and even Key joked a lot. The boys especially laughed so hard with their heads throw back and mouth open wide. 

But she did noticed something. Soohyun and Key never engaged any conversations with each other. She seems like she knows why , but she pushed it away. It's unpleasant for her -considering that they're both meant a lot to her. 

The sun almost set so the boys got up since they have to get home. 

Surprisingly, Sulli gave Minho and Taemin her permission to borrow her games , that is after Soojung persuade her. Sulli always listens to Soojung, that's how close they are. After all, the boys did begged and begged for it like little poor puppies , Onew even held his stomach seeing them so pathetic. 

Key smiled his boyish grin at Suzy when he's about to leave. He patted her forearm and muttered " See ya at school " and left to his car. The boys all jumped into his car and waved at Suzy who's standing at the door " Thanks for having us here Suzy ! " . She felt happy, content, everything. What did she do in this life that had gotten her so lucky to have such amazing friends . 

Jonghyun and Soohyun had to leave too since , they came by Soohyun's car. Jonghyun gave her a side-hug and patted her hair, " Gonna miss you again, Suzy " he said, looking into her eyes. Suzy's heart twitched in an uncomfortable way. The look in his eyes looked somewhat , sad. She loves Jonghyun, he's her friend after all. But somehow , she felt like she's the reason for his sadness. 

She smiled brightly at him, although she's not sure if her eyes showed the same. " I'm gonna miss you too " 

Jonghyun smiled back , showing his teeth . He glance behind Suzy's back and saw Soohyun , and he knew he had to leave to make room for them. He gave her one last smile and turned to head to the car. 

Soohyun came beside her and cleared his throat. " So, I'll see you soon " he said. 

I'll see you soon ? That's all you can say ,really ?  He thought.

She gave him a small smile. " Yeah, I'll see you soon too " she said the same thing and wondered if she could give him a hug, right here , right now. While she was debating in her mind , Soohyun made the first move to hug her with his two arms, his chin on her head. 

Her breath hitched and she gulped in a lump in . She just froze in her spot. Soohyun doesn't seem like he wanted to let go -it's like he has something left to say. 

" Is there something you wanted to say ? " she asked softly , her voice vibrating to his chest, since her face is closely to his body. 

He sighed, finding words to say. He wanted to let it out. But he doesn't want to sound too clingy, he just doesn' t want to make her uncomfortable and awkward. They're still in that stage in their relationship and he wanted to cross over it. 

 

Jonghyun closed the door beside him and settled in comfortably on his seat. He looked back to her house and saw them hugging. He stared longingly at her in his arms , and wondered what could have they talked about. He quietly wished that he could be in Soohyun's position, holding her like that. It's wrong to wish to have your friend's girlfriend. But after those months and time, he tried to put away his feelings, he just can't. 

I thought they say time can heal. I guess it's all just lies. 

He thought as he looked away  to the front. It's better this way . It's okay if he's hurt , at least he knows Suzy is happy. 

 

" I was jealous " he bravely muttered . Her breath hitched again and she believed her heart did stopped for a second. But she didn't say anything , she waited him to continue. " And I still am " he continued along with a soft sigh. He sounded upset. 

Her heart softens. She guess that, what she felt earlier when her new friends were around was true. She lifted her hands and hug him back. " Why ? " she asked softly although she already know , just to make sure . 

" Your friends. They're mostly boys, and good looking too " he replied , his upset voice seems clearer , almost like a little boy. " They're just my friends " she stated, hoping that his doubtness will go away. " What if they're better than me ? " he questioned , and it made her smile to know that he's insecure. At least she knew it that deep down, he doesn't want her to change her feelings. That only means he really likes her. 

" You know that I like you " she said. He didn't reply so she voiced again " You're my boyfriend after all ". She could feel his grip around her grew tighter and she felt warmer so she closed her eyes in his embrace. 

After a few moments, he finally let go and they locked gaze. " I'm going now " he said , her eyes longingly bore into her. She smiled at him and nodded for him to go. He walked away a few steps with their eyes still locked together before he completely turn away to go to his car. 

She stayed there until his car disappear from her view and she went inside her house. 

Wow, that was some conversation. 

She never thought they will , ever, have that kind of conversation. She was too shy to speak about that, but she guess they just grew closer and that was an achievement in their relationship. For the upteenth time this day, she felt very happy. 

" Wow, you seem very happy " a voice spoke out of nowhere , and she lightly jumped to see IU beside her ,with Sulli and Soojung behind ; giggling. Her face grew into a tomato shade as she thought they saw what happenned. 

" Aww, that's so romantic unnie " Soojung giggled along with Sulli and her face grew redder. IU smiled wickedly at her with her arms crossed , probably she wanted to dig in her secrets right now. 

Suzy clapped her hands to wash away her embarrassment. " Okay, girls! Let's go to our bedrooms " she said , and ran upstairs leaving the girls behind still with their laughters. 

__________________________________________________________________

Thanks for reading and commenting. It do means a lot to me. And next will be some IU-Suzy time together. ^_^ I love you =]