Doctor`s Appointment

Daddy's Little Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lim Kim - You Don`t Even Know

Yumi woke up the next day not being able to sleep the whole night because of being uneasy. She looked at her side seeing the empty place. She knew he had headed for work now just like he would do any other day. She sighed thinking how unfairly he treated her. She was only asking for one doctor`s appointment, he couldn`t even comply to that. She promised him this was going to be her last time and he laughed at her face as if it wouldn`t hurt her already weak heart. She was already in such pain and he…he couldn`t understand that. He was as cold as ice when it came to her; not caring to listen to her feelings, not wanting to talk to her about her day and most certainly not support her through the hell she was going through right now.

She finally managed to get out of bed only hearing her footsteps down the hallway as the big mansion they owned together was empty with only her in it; it was exactly how she felt every day if he was there or not; she was…alone. They barely spoke and when they did he had his either flat tone or cold one which caused nothing but pain in her heart. She really thought he loved her just the way he used to tell her back then, but one day he suddenly cut all contact with her she didn`t know where he went and then after all of those years; he came back and wedded her. Even if both of them knew this marriage was brought up so her father could get wealthier and his father as well, she always thought they had something special, it seemed like she was the only one feeling that way.

After eating her breakfast she freshened herself and changed her clothes. Before taking her car with her to the doctor`s appointment she thought maybe she could change his mind by giving him a call; she found out later that it was a bad idea. “What?” Jongin answered the phone with his annoyed voice which she was used to get greeted by.

“I was thinking if you could join me to the doctor-“

“Wae? You think stuffing herbs inside of you will change your faith?” From the tone of his voice she knew he was mocking her, maybe even having that sly smile on his face while saying the words that pierced through her heart and left a hole there.

“Giving it another try won`t hurt” She knew if she would say anything further her voice would crack and being weak in front of him was a big mistake. He would yell at her for acting like the victim when actually he was the one suffering. She always wondered what she had done wrong for him to suffer.

“Do whatever pleases you and let me do my work” he hung up before she could manage to utter a word in protest. Her shoulders slouched. She should have been used to his hard surface but she never did, she really missed the old him who would look at her with nothing but love, even if they were quite young back then.

She exited the house and went towards her car and drove to the hospital her older sister worked at. She didn`t want anyone else to know what she was going through and what she had been suffering from since her birth. It was awful enough to live knowing it herself, and if that little secret of hers would get exposed to the rest of the world she wouldn`t know how to face it.

Entering the hospital she felt a gust of wind touch her face making her hair sway. Her eyes stared at the doctors walking around the halls, either greeting their patients or talking among themselves. Each and one of them had a goal, a goal to cure whatever their patient was hurting from so they wouldn`t suffer anymore. She wished they could cure her and make her days better, stop her from crying herself to sleep, stop her from envying everyone else around her; and finally live a normal life like any other human being.

“Yumi-ah” A voice familiar to her called for her making her look at her older sister that she looked alike. They were inseparable and Yumi wou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter