Sacrifice

Daddy's Little Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lee Hi - Am I Strange?

Since Yumi went to meet her sister Jongin decided to take Kyuri with him home. When they entered the house Kyuri strode over to the living room and sat on the sofa turning the TV on. Jongin watched her every move before disappearing up the staircase to change into something more comfortable. While changing his clothes he smiled thinking finally he was bounding with his daughter. Usually she would barge in her room and stay there for the rest of the day, but today she took her time sitting in the living room. Maybe she didn`t like Yumi that`s why she acted that way?

Once he had changed his clothes he headed for the living room as well. He stood behind the sofa she was sitting at and stared at the screen. He furrowed his brows seeing his daughter watching cartoons. They were the same as she used to watch when she was younger. He thought she had outgrown them by now but it seemed like she still loved watching them like before. He remembered how he would sit next to her and answer all the questions she would ask while watching cartoons with her. She could ask everything from; “Why are they arguing with each other?” to “Why are they running from the bad dog?” He loved answering all kind of questions she would ask even if she could ask them over and over.

He plopped on the empty seat next to her and gave her a small smile. “You still like Tom and Jerry?” It seemed like she snapped out of her thoughts making him furrow his brows. It seemed like she wasn`t aware of her whereabouts and that was the reason for her staring at the screen. She was deep in her thoughts as she had forgotten to switch through the channels. She gulped down her salvia and handed him the remote control before getting up and heading for her room. Jongin looked at his hand where she had placed the control on and then watched her retreating figure. He thought it was weird how she suddenly closed herself for him again.

When the door to her room was closed he got up from his spot and decided to have a talk with her. At least now that Yumi wasn`t at home he could confront her if he wanted without worrying about Yumi hearing something, she shouldn`t know. He opened the door to her room and peeked inside. He opened the door wider when he noticed her standing before the tree he had painted for her. He noticed her hand planting itself on her mother`s name and he understood now why she was acting strange.

“Do you miss her? I do too” The little girl jumped from surprise she thought she was alone. She turned around and gave him a long stare, this time her sad face had mixed itself with anger making him stunned. This was exactly how she looked at him the very first day she came to this house. He wondered why she was angry with him again. “Are you…mad?” He managed to squeak through his lips and she walked over to her bed and sat down her back turned against him.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter