School

Daddy's Little Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

K.Will - Miss Miss Miss

Kyuri`s eyes opened faintly the next day. Her eyes wandered around trying to recall where she was. Seeing none of her stuffed toys or her desk, she remembered that she was at his house. Where else could her room feel so cold and abandoned? She palmed her hands on the bed and straightened herself while yawning.

Soft knocks were heard on her bedroom door making her groan a ‘come in’. The door opened faintly and inside peeked no other than Yumi. She was wearing an apron her hair in a bun and a hesitating smile was placed on her lips. “Good morning” she sang and Kyuri only nodded in response turning her gaze away. She didn`t like to see Yumi taking the role that was actually supposed to be her mothers. No other than her could be there for her; a woman she barely knew could never fill her mother`s shoes. “Breakfast is ready. Come down when you have freshened up” As she had crossed her message she closed the door and Kyuri heard her steps getting further and further away from her room.

She sighed while resting her forehead against her palm. She had only stayed her for a day but it felt like years, as she felt the time passing by ever so slowly. How she wished time could be this slow when she was with her mother, at least the last day they spent together. Her gaze went over to the wall again where she wished that tree would have been placed a long time ago. She knew she had some money left from the allowance Joonmyun used to give her. She could find a paint shop in the neighborhood and get the painting done on her own, even if she knew she couldn`t draw that well.

She finally got out of bed and headed for the kitchen where it seemed like they had already began eating without waiting for her. “Oh, you`re here” Yumi`s eyes locked with Kyuri`s and she didn`t care to acknowledge her presence and plopped on the seat that was placed far away from both of them. Jongin took a peek at Kyuri from the corner of his eyes and changed his posture clearing his throat.

“When you have eaten breakfast get changed” He spoke calmly to her but he didn`t look at her once while saying those words. The toast that Kyuri was holding was placed back on the plate before her as she rose her brow wondering where he was taking her.

“Get changed?” She repeated his last two words and he nodded in response taking a bite from his toast not wanting to explain to her where he was taking her.

“Jongin-sshii applied for your admission at SM high. We received a letter yesterday they want to meet you in person” Yumi explained with her bright voice and Kyuri muttered some words. The summer vacation was over a week ago, but she couldn`t attend her old school because she needed to prepare everything for her mother`s funeral and on top of that she wasn`t strong enough to face the others during that time. She was basically at home doing whatever she could to help Joonmyun with the preparations for the funeral.

She wasn`t feeling like eating anymore thinking how weird it was going to be to start a whole new life here at this place she didn`t even look at her own home. Both Yumi and Jongin watched her leaving the dining table after taking a bite from her toast and stomped all the way to her room. Jongin pressed his lips together trying to endure the pain that was growing in his heart. How he wished he could change his and his daughter`s relationship; hopefully it wasn`t too late to do so.

They were sitting in the car. Kyuri`s head leaning against the window while Jongin was driving towards the school, as so it seemed. But he was actually driving to an all uniform shop. Which sold all kinds of school uniforms in this area. “We`re here” He told her unbuckling himself and she gave him a queer look trying to see where the school was. “We need to buy your school uniform and then visit the school after” He explained when he saw her confused look. She did as he told and followed him inside the store.

He headed towards the area for SM high uniforms and looked through them trying to find her size. She grabbed the skirt, shirt and blazer he handed over to her and she changed to it giving it a long stare in the mirror inside the dressing room. The skirt was grey and reached to her mid thigh, her white shirt was tucked underneath the grey blazer she was wearing and her legs were bare while she was wearing a pair of black snickers underneath. “Ready?” She heard his voice outside and she pulled the curtain that she was hid behind and Jongin`s eyes rounded seeing her in her uniform.

She didn`t understand his reaction though; she wasn`t sure if he liked it or not, because he was pressing his lips together while sniffing, it seemed like he was about to cry. She didn`t understand why.

Jongin gave his girl a long stare wondering how she managed to grow so fast and become so beautiful. She wasn`t a little girl that used to go to kindergarten, and he was the one picking her up and following her to kindergarten the next day. She was now in high school. Her first year of high school and here he was witnessing this day. The day he thought wouldn`t arrive before long, but it did, faster than he had imagined.

He cleared his throat and turned around. “Keep it on

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter