Cherry Blossom Viewing

Daddy's Little Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Exo - My Turn to Cry

Jongin was at work like any other day. He was in a meeting listening to his supervisor. After him Jongin was the one who was going to take over the business. As if he cared at all. He never wanted the business to begin with, matter in fact he loved the other life he used to live. His hands in the dirt just the way he liked it. He felt more alive, he felt more down to earth, and it was as if he could connect with the people around him; if he did that here, his coworkers would look weirdly at him as they weren`t used to kindness.

During the meeting all he could think about was Kyuri. What she was doing, did she like it at her new school and what he could do to make her like him again. It wasn`t an easy task but she was his flesh and blood. He couldn`t give up on the loveliest gift he had ever received his whole life. Most of all she was the nearest he could get to the love of his life. She looked just like her and he missed her even more now that Kyuri was around. He wished Minah could be here with him guiding him through the parenting; he really was clueless without her.

Looking out of the window he noticed a huge poster on one of the bus stops right outside of the building.

‘Cherry Blossom Viewing at Yeouido’

He stirred in his seat smiling widely knowing where he was taking Kyuri with him after work. He felt his heart flutter by the thought of getting this sign from Minah. He needed her help, and the moment he asked for it she helped. The loved spread to every corner in his body thinking how grateful he was for having a personal angel; she was up there somewhere looking down at him. He looked down at the paper before him where the content of the meeting was written. Instead of reading the words he drew how Minah would look like as an angel with his eyes. Nothing would change except for her having a halo over her head and wings she could fly with and her white dress that would sway as she flew.

When the meeting was over Jongin was the first person to get out of the room. Usually he would take his time and small chat with his workers just the way he was told. Only that way it would be easier for him when he was taking over. But being absent one day wouldn`t hurt; especially not if he was using his time with his precious princess.

He got inside his car driving towards her school. He didn`t want her to take any bus to school as she had her personal driver; him. He would do errands for her as long as he was capable of doing it. When he would become too weak and old to do favors for her, he would hire someone else who could look after her. But for now it was his job and his only. With a smile plastered on his face he drove to her school and the school which he once used to go to.

There he saw her walking at the school yard. His smile fell seeing her walking alone as students around her were paired up walking with linked arms smiling and talking among themselves. In the middle of all the happy students was his daughter. The girl with a frown on her face with her head hung low, not wanting to interact with the ones around her. He bit on his bottom lip knowing he was the cause of her being like this. He surely remembered her being a bright kid when she was younger. She befriended everyone in the village and even included everyone that felt left out. She had the ability to make the sad ones smile and make the weak ones strong. When he thought about it she was exactly like her mother.

As Kyuri passed the school gates he opened the door of his car making her halt and look at him. Her eyes were round, rounder than they usually would be. He smiled kindly to her offering her a ride home. Her eyes darted everywhere not being sure to smile back or not, even so she took her backpack off and slid inside the car, placing the backpack on her lap. When she closed the door Jongin grabbed the backpack and put it in the backseat. Not having anything to hug Kyuri awkwardly interlaced her fingers together. Jongin watched her being uncomfortable around him. He felt blue at the fe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter