Painting

Daddy's Little Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mate - I Miss

Yumi escorted Kyuri to her room while Jongin and Joonmyun sat in the living room. The two of them just sat there not saying a word. Neither of them knew what to say, but at the same time Joonmyun had so many questions he wanted to ask, but was unsure if the timing was okay or not. He finally managed to look up from his interlaced hands and stare at the enormous house Jongin was living in now. “I see you`re living well” Joonmyun pointed out making Jongin look at him and notice him looking around the house with his eyes. Jongin snickered in response and nodded, he didn`t want any of it, matter in fact he would be willing to give it all away if he could get her back.

“I am guessing business is going well then” Joonmyun finally stopped observing the house and turned his gaze back to Jongin who`s gaze dropped, it seemed like he was in deep thoughts, Joonmyun knew already what he was thinking about and the question he asked soon after didn`t surprise him either.

“Was she at ease….when….” Jongin finally built the courage to ask the question he had wanted to ask a long time ago. If she was okay, how she was doing, what she was doing. Even if Joonmyun used to update him on that by either calling or texting every single day, Jongin never responded to any of it. If he called he would listen not speak, if he texted he would read not reply; for some reason he wanted to believe that Minah and his daughter were living happy without him, but that wasn`t the case; the updates he would get everyday were heartbreaking, they were suffering because of him.

“….she died quietly” Joonmyun responded his eyes falling down at the carpet beneath his feet. Hearing him speak so bluntly made Jongin`s heart throb and for the first time that day he finally managed to show his true feelings. His eyes welled up in tears as he stared at the ceiling pressing his lips together, forcing his tears not to fall; but he was too late they were already trailing down his cheeks. Joonmyun`s eyes rounded seeing his reaction but at the same time he knew, he knew that deep down in his heart there was a special place for Minah, a place no other could take, no other could replace.

After spending the whole 12 years with her Joonmyun understood why Jongin was so fond of that woman. She was special to Joonmyun too, she wasn`t his lover, but she was a really, really good friend of his. The person who supported him even through the time he should have supported her instead, that was why he was sent in the first place; to look after her, take care of her; just like Jongin had instructed him to do.

Kyuri was inside her new room now. It was twice as big compared to the room she lived in previously; even if it was bigger, and she had a lot of stuff in this room compared to the other, she wouldn`t give up her other life to live like this. Her other life was filled with love and not stuff, if there was one thing she learned from her beloved mother it was;

“You can never buy true love, and love takes you to a lot places where money can`t take you”

It was true though. With love spread across her heart she could experience tons of feelings she had never felt before. She learned to treasure even the smallest things, she learned to love with her whole heart and cherish the ones around her; with stuff and money she would never have been able to learn that.

“I heard from Jongin that you would be staying with us for quite some time, so we rented some workers to take care of this room to make it in to yours. Joonmyun told you liked pink, I hope you like it” Yumi smiled brightly at the little girl who couldn`t do anything else than stare blankly at that one wall that was missing the biggest detail of the room; the cherry blossom, without it this room was incomplete.

Since Yumi didn`t get any response her smile turned into a thin line instead. She couldn`t blame the little girl, she had just lost her mother. She knew the feeling herself, the feeling of being lonely, incomplete and even left out. Since Yumi knew she was going through a hard time she tiptoed out of the room leaving Kyuri alone, as that was the best thing to do at the moment.

Kyuri walked over to the wall as soon as she heard the door of her room close and touched the pink wall with her bare hands. She felt the coldness on her palm making shivers run down her sp

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter