Cherry Blossom

Daddy's Little Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

U-Kiss - Take Me Away

12 years later:

Her eyes flickered open by the sound of raindrops hitting the window and the windowsill. It started off with the raindrops falling ever so slightly, but then it turned to loud noises waking the girl up. Looking over at the time her eyes rounded seeing that it was already 11am and she needed to get out of bed. She finally managed to wake up stretching her arms out wide while her eyes wandered around her small room.

It was pink. The walls were pink and so was everything inside the room. Her desk where she usually would do homework was pink, her closet which was filled with clothes was also pink, some of her stuff toys that she had bought on her own, even they were pink. Even so, even if she had all of the things she liked and they had the color she liked, there was this one thing that stood out from everything else; even if it was pink.

She stared at the wall where her mother had painted a tree for her, not just any tree; it was a cherry blossom tree. For some reason her mother was so fond of the painting. Whenever she would visit her room her eyes would linger on the painting as a smile would lit up her already flawless face. It was as if her strength came back to her body and she was up for any challenges coming her way.

She even remembered what her mother used to say whenever she asked her why she loved that painting so much.

“It`s amazing how a weak plant can still bloom so wonderfully during the winter”

That was the explanation for her liking this cherry blossom; not just any cherry blossom but the winter cherry blossom the one that would bloom during the winter. It was also known as Fuyuzakura in Japanese like her mother used to call it, but she preferred winter cherry blossom it was easier to pronounce.

There was also another reason for why her mother loved this plant so much. It was the extreme beauty of it and the quick death, that fascinated her, and at the same time the Japanese meant cherry blossoms also symbolized clouds because their nature of blooming at the same time; her explanation to that one was.

“Even if someone is miles away remember that we are under the same sky, watching the same sun, stars and moon”

She never liked that explanation as she knew who her mother was thinking of when she said those words. That was her reason for liking cherry blossoms at the beginning, the idea of being close to that one person that didn`t deserve her attention.

A soft knock on her door was heard she turned her attention to it. It creaked open and her uncle peeked inside. “Kyuri-ah, ready to leave?” She wrinkled her nose at his question and shook her head.

“I just need to wash up and I`ll be outside in a bit” She reasoned and he nodded.

“I`ll be waiting outside then” he closed the door and her eyes remained on it. A small smile crept on her lips making her indifferent face turn into a happy one. He was the reason she still lived, he was the reason her mother had made it through all of her hardships and he was the reason for why she kept on going not giving up.

She remembered that day as if it happened yesterday. It always made the blood in her veins to rush making her heart pound twice as fast; that was how she was swept off her feet by his kindness.

A week after her father left Kim Joonmyun appeared. He was lost in the village and was looking for shelter. She was 4 back then and sure was afraid of the new stranger appearing inside their house; as her kind mother had offered him to stay over the night. It was raining heavily that day, it had been doing so after he left, making her mother sadder than she would have if the sun would appear back on the sky. That was her theory.

She remembered his kind smile as he tried to reach out for her and pat her head, but just like any other 4 year old she rushed to her mother and hid behind her, staring at the tall man before her with scared eyes. The words her mother said to her that day still ringed in her ears when she used to think back.

“There is nothing to be afraid of, this man is nice”

She couldn`t have been more right. He sure was nice and he sure took great care of the both of them after he left. She scoffed thinking about the man that was actually supposed to be there for her, watch over her, protect her from all evil; but he didn`t. She always laughed thinking of the phrase that was supposed to tell how wonderful it was to have a father;

“Dad, a daughter`s first love”

*First love?* She used to snicker at that idea. It was more like a daughter`s first heartbreak. She hadn`t done anything but hate him after he left; they were better off without him, that was her conclusion to it all.

She finally managed to change her clothes and head outside for her uncle who was waiting patiently inside the car. She locked the door behind her and ran over to his car while covering her head with her hands, trying to save her long brown hair from the rain. She got insid

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter