Happy Anniversary

Daddy's Little Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Exo - Miracles in December

Jongin was awake early in the morning. He hadn`t been able to sleep the whole night, because of his thoughts, she had filled his mind again. He looked at the side and gave Yumi`s sleeping face a long stare. He wasn`t feeling sorry for the words he said to her the other day. She deserved to hear those words, she deserved to know what he was feeling and what he had been through; even if he didn`t tell her directly.

Looking over at the time he noticed the time only being 9am. Usually in the weekends he would wake up later, but today was such a special day, a day he couldn`t let pass by. He carefully slid his blanket off him and tiptoed out of the bedroom as Yumi was a light sleeper, the smallest noise could wake her up.

When he succeeded to escape from the room he walked over to Kyuri`s room and opened it without knocking. He peeked inside and noticed her curled up lying on the side. Her eyes were closed and her hands were holding the blanket tucked around her tightly. He sat on the edge of her bed and gazed at her softly. He remembered her being smaller the last time he had seen her sleep. He used to rock her back and forth in his arms before she finally fell asleep so he could place her on the bed.

His shaky hand reached out to caress her face, but he was hesitating. Finally his hand came in touch with her cheek which felt hot against his palm. He carefully it making the little girl faintly open her eyes. Their eyes locked for a quick moment before she closed her eyes again, but it didn`t take long before her eyes shoot open as reality seemed to hit her. She was dumbfounded seeing her father sitting on the edge of the bed.

Jongin pulled his hand and smiled sheepishly towards her. “Dress up and meet me downstairs” he told her before getting up. Her brows furrowed and before he could leave her room he grabbed his wrist in a swift movement making him halt and look at her.

“Where are we going?” She spoke with her hoarse voice.

“I`ll tell you later. For now get ready” He carefully pushed her hand off his wrist and left her room. She looked over at the digital clock lying on the night table next to her bed and she frowned. Today was her first weekend after a long week with school. The weekends were the only days which she could sleep in, but it seemed like Jongin had other plans for her. She did as she was told though and changed her clothes in a matter of seconds and headed for the living room.

While she was walking down the stairs Jongin motioned her to walk faster. He had already opened the front door waiting for her. She was still clueless of why he was acting so secretive but thought it was best if she didn`t ask any questions whatsoever. When they were out of the house he grabbed her hand making sparkles run through her arm and directly to her heart. She felt as if she was 4 years old again, holding her father`s hand when they roamed the market together.

He opened the door to his car and she got inside. He ran over to the other side and slid inside himself. He quickly turned the engine on and drove out of the driveway. When they were on the road he sighed in relief and Kyuri turned her attention to him. “Where are you taking me?”

Jongin looked at her and then back at the road. “Bakery” he gave her a small smile and she tilted her head to the side still trying to progress why he was taking her there. She didn`t ask further thinking she would probably figure out why herself when they arrived at the destination. When they arrived to this bakery Jongin was talking about he told her to wait inside the car making her even more confused than she already was. He went back inside the car with a box in his hand, a bag placed over it with the candles formed like the numbers 1 and 9 inside. He handed her the cake box and she grabbed it from him, blinking.

He got inside the car and closed the door. While he began driving Kyuri looked at the candles wondering why he had bough

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter