9 ~ "Just One Surprise After Another"

Why, You?

SooMi

It's been another two weeks since I was diagnosed with cancer, which means it's been a month since JaeBeom left. Everyday, he still talks to me, but no one (Wooyoung and Taecyeon) has mentioned anything about my diagnosis. Wooyoung and Taecyeon tell me everyday that I HAVE to tell him, but I just don't have the heart to tell him that...I only have a little time left...I just can't do it...

I was already transferred to the other hospital and have been staying here for a few days. Everyday, they just run tests on me..pretty boring if you ask me. During some days, they'll send the therapist to my room and we'll just talk about how I'm doing, how I'm feeling about all this, and she'll make me feel just a little bit better just by talking it all out. They've already started giving me treatment since lately the panic attacks have been coming back. I've only passed out 4 times though. 

I was in my room at the hospital one night with my laptop when I heard a ringtone. A window on my screen popped up saying "JaeJay wants to videochat with you". Videochat? Uh oh...I haven't videochatted with him since before I found out about my cancer...how am I going to face him? I hesitated before clicking "accept". His face popped up on my screen and my heart just melted. 

"There's my cheonsa ~ Oh I haven't seen your beautiful face in so long" he said the camera, pretending it was my face. I smiled. I really missed seeing him.

"Hi babe" I couldn't help but smile in front of him. Just seeing him and hearing his voice makes me forget about everything.

"Hey, where are you?" he said looking behind me. Thank goodness I was leaning against a wall so that he couldn't see the hospital bedroom. The only reason he could tell that I wasn't at my apartment, is because he knows that the wall in my room is a dark red color.

"Oh I'm just house sitting for my parents. They're on vacation for a while and they want me to keep it clean and watch over it." Lying to him stabbed me in the heart. Even the smallest, little lie...

"Babe, you really are my angel, taking care of my future in laws' home." He was so cute...look at that, he's already thinking about marriage. But little does he know that...I probably won't make it...that far...I quickly wiped away a tear before it escaped my eye.

"Babe..? What's wrong? Are you crying..?" Crap. He noticed the tear.

"Hmm? Aniyo...it's just dust and allergies.." I laughed.

"MiMi...come on, don't even think about lying to me." Again, my heart felt like it was stabbed. "I know you better than that." he said looking me in the eyes.

"It's just...I miss you..." I wasn't completely lying this time. I truly do miss him...but that's not the only reason I teared up.

"Oh baby...don't worry..I'll be home in no time. Just one more month...see? We're halfway there." he said smiling. He kissed the camera. "Saranghae SooMi"

"Sarang" I tried putting on a smile. It was weak, but he seemed to buy it.

"Yah Jay! Go to sleep, now! Busy day tomorrow!" I heard a voice call from the other side.

"What? EVERY day is a busy day!!" JaeBeom yelled at the voice.

"Mwo?! Don't you sass me, boy!! Now go to SLEEP!" the voice shouted.

"Aish! Fine. I have to go now baby...bye." he frowned. I laughed.

"Goodnight JaeJae...sweet dreams." I kissed him goodnight through the camera.

Doing the same he said, "Goodnight MiMi...I love you" He pointed to his watch. "Promise." I smiled.

"Promise." I said pointing to my necklace. We said one more goodnight and hung up. Ok, now I REALLY can't tell him about...you know what...

 

 

It's been another week at the hospital. Same thing everyday...tests, panic attacks, and therapy. Honestly it didn't really feel like I had cancer. I haven't lost any hair, and I feel the same as I did the day before I found out about my cancer. I'm starting to think that there's really nothing wrong with me. Everyday, Wooyoung and Taecyeon would come visit me with my parents bringing gifts like roses. They're the only four who know about my cancer. We were sitting in my room chatting when my doctor came in.

"Annyeong everyone" he greeted us all.

"Annyeong" we all replied.

"How are you all doing?" he asked.

"Good"

"Good ~ well I actually have some news for you guys...and it's up to you guys to decide whether it's good or bad news." I was a little scared at what he was going to say next. "Ok, the news is that you are going to be transferred again, Miss SooMi" he continued.

"Transferred again? That's not bad news at all...how could that be bad news?" Appa asked the doctor. 

"Well...it's more like WHERE you're going to be transferred could be bad news." Uh oh...not sounding good so far...

"So...? Where is she being transferred?" Umma asked curiously.

"America."